Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night really has me wondering if he's intentionally throwing games.

Is any of the intern's buyout money making it to Jersey since they're all old time buds? Is he trying to make the intern look like a better coach than he was by making Pruitt look bad and causing folks to question our new coach? Can someone who has played their position for that many years actually be that freaking inept once the game starts?
I've seen very little true effort and even less give a damn from JG as this season progresses, even when he was starting.
If he starts playing lights out once he transfers it'll really make wonder even more about him this season.

Hearing the Chaney comments about JG just changing plays at will, the changed play last night and the fact he tried to blow off CJP chewing on him afterwards has me like WTF.
he really hasn't played that well in the three seasons he's been here. There was Auburn and Kentucky but it's been few and far between.

Reactions: DMG and nicksjuzunk
Tua had the same thing at the end of last season. Had his ankle scoped and was out a couple of weeks. We'll have Tua Watch every day, with video and much ESPN analysis of his progress, with daily ratings on the ESPN Hobble Scale.
Reckon they'll tell us his meal routine? That would be totally fascinating to me. I mean, I don't want to know just what he's eating. I'd like to know where (pictures please), what portions he has, maybe the condiments he uses. And how about how many chews for each bite and how long it takes him to eat? A video of that part would be great. Maybe in slo-mo.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I’m thinking there were two plays called. One a handoff, one a sneak. JG dumb enough to think he caught them off guard and completely forgot to clue the OL in on his decision. I don’t think he’s throwing the games but I don’t think he cares about his Tennessee career anymore either.
I believe Chaney has coached the QBs that in short yardage plays .. IF the defense is not ready .. the QB has the option of hurrying the team to the line and making a quick audible to run the QB sneak. Maurer ran this play on a 3rd and short in the 1st quarter. I'm sure the coaches never dreamed JG would try this on 4th and goal .. but it looks like he did. This would also explain all the "miscommunication" quotes and Pruitt taking the blame in the presser. Guess Pruitt took the blame for not explaining to JG NOT to run the QB sneak in this situation.

Now the crooked SEC crew might try to deceive the simple-minded and naive (and rescue their cover) by making a big call against bammer in the LSU game, but all a bammer loss there would do is give bammer another first round bye in the playoffs.

With more than a dozen calls and non-calls last night -- including some of the most offensive and blatant i've ever seen -- they put bammer in the big dance and stole Pruitt's surprise upset and all of the recruiting advantages that would have come from it, and saved precious Saban's outcoached azz from a crushing loss by a 36 pt dog under his corny-ass 70s disco lights.

But, now, if LSU beats Bammer (likely), and Auburn looks competitive in the Iron bowl (less likely), the SEC's "rigging zebras" will steal another game for bammer. The fix is in: theyre going. But THEY DID NOT EARN IT. But it looks like the crooked SEC refs finished their cheating job last night and guaranteed the playoff money.

I finally finished watching the game today. I want to go on record and say that Pruitt will be the first coach from the Saban tree to beat him. I also think we have a fighting chance to win the rest of our games. It may depend on whether Maurer is healthy.
I think Saban knows Pruitt beat him. Regardless of the talent gap and the officials. Unfortunately, the score did not indicate as such.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I guess we have to concede that ammerbammer won a "moral victory" last night by showing that even when they are beaten on the field they are good enough to have conference connections to get the W. That's their consolation, I suppose.

Reckon they'll tell us his meal routine? That would be totally fascinating to me. I mean, I don't want to know just what he's eating. I'd like to know where (pictures please), what portions he has, maybe the condiments he uses. And how about how many chews for each bite and how long it takes him to eat? A video of that part would be great. Maybe in slo-mo.
Eating all the deer antlers

Reactions: quadlee21
People tend to assume a concussion any time a player takes a head shot. And sometimes, it is. But UT trainers will take a player's helmet and sit him if the player seems at all dazed or has a headache. UT is cautious, and that's the right thing to do. CJP probably will address Maurer's status in tomorrow's presser. Since they took his helmet, he's probably in concussion protocol again... which may be precautionary or may be something more.

You have to wonder, though, if opposing teams will make it a strategy to try and knock Maurer out of the game, knowing we have backup issues? Some guys might consider that worth the penalty... assuming a flag is even thrown.

Muschamp.

Reactions: LA Vol and JCP201
Yeah, except if were called right, Pig scored.

Not to alter the subject slightly but ...

Didn’t JG fumble the ball forward into the end zone- so touch back? I can’t remember exactly what happened with Pig. Seems like he was going down, stretching out, and the ball left his fingertips traveling forward into the end zone.
so, what was different about JG’s?
sorry if it’s real obvious - I was In Indianapolis at my daughters lacrosse tournament watching on a small hotel tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back