More QB Roster turnover

Dumb luck? You mean a cheap shot by number 35 for Bama after the ball was out of Brian's hands. It was a dirty cheap shot on a kid recovering from a concussion. What happened is what was meant to happen.
Are you suggesting that his coach may or may not have told him to take the shot regardless?

Are you suggesting that his coach may or may not have told him to take the shot regardless?

I didn't say a thing about coaches. The player is a human being with a brain of his own.

I did think it was kind of interesting when he was sent to the sideline during the review, his coaches were not chewing him out or showing any negative reaction at all.

I don’t think Maurer is injury prone from here on. He just had an unfortunate face plant vs miss state. He could be back in in a week or two maybe?

I didn't say a thing about coaches. The player is a human being with a brain of his own.

I did think it was kind of interesting when he was sent to the sideline during the review, his coaches were not chewing him out or showing any negative reaction at all.
I was actually going to agree with you. Seemed odd to me that he was a freshman himself #1 and there would be no significant loss if he got ejected. Then like you said...... no one said anything to him on the sidelines afterwards. May not be what it seemed but not a good look.

They loved Chaney. But his dad is his HS coach that will have a really hard time seeing him play next year. Too hard to fly to Knoxville (quickly) from where they live. Logistics played a role.
Plus he’s THE QB in their class. Hard to sell a flip where he’s at best 1A.

I know we can sit here with ifs and nuts but if Maurer didn't get hurt we win that game or lil Tua comes in and bails them out .

JG is not going to be on this team next year.

Shrout is a project and may not be SEC caliber.

Maurer’s concussion issues may not allow him to play 4 years.

K Hill is solid but has history of injuries.

We need to find a 2nd QB recruit as insurance, whether it’s a HS or transfer. We can’t go through next year with a true freshman plus injury prone players.
Bailey is coming. He is the real deal. We will be fine at QB.

Do you think that hit was necessary?
Absolutely not. I think it was targeting and at best a late hit. I think that LB was out there for one reason and that was it. It was a cheap shot and dirty play. Saban is no idiot and I think he seen enough that he knew Maurer was going dismantle them all day long if he didn’t do something about it.

Dumb luck? You mean a cheap shot by number 35 for Bama after the ball was out of Brian's hands. It was a dirty cheap shot on a kid recovering from a concussion. What happened is what was meant to happen.
He got hurt when our oline hit him in the back of the head with his knee. Wasnt on purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: BogeyVol
Absolutely not. I think it was targeting and at best a late hit. I think that LB was out there for one reason and that was it. It was a cheap shot and dirty play. Saban is no idiot and I think he seen enough that he knew Maurer was going dismantle them all day long if he didn’t do something about it.
Hopefully Karma will hit back at Bama. It would be OK with me if Tua were out for a few games.

He got hurt when our oline hut him in the back of the head with his knee. Wasnt on purpose.
Yeah it was only after the ball was out of his hands and he was essentially walking toward him that it was required to shove Maurer to the ground. It was completely unnecessary. But it wasn't on purpose. (In a pig's eye)

Reactions: Sara Clark
Hopefully Karma will hit back at Bama. It would be OK with me if Tua were out for a few games.
I can see why someone would feel that way after the obvious officiating lean and the subject at hand. But rather than hoping karma gets them through injury I’m satisfied knowing that Maurer will be here for the next 3 years getting better and Tua will be gone. Good luck Bama.

JG is not going to be on this team next year.

Shrout is a project and may not be SEC caliber.

Maurer’s concussion issues may not allow him to play 4 years.

K Hill is solid but has history of injuries.

We need to find a 2nd QB recruit as insurance, whether it’s a HS or transfer. We can’t go through next year with a true freshman plus injury prone players.
I like shrout

I can see why someone would feel that way after the obvious officiating lean and the subject at hand. But rather than hoping karma gets them through injury I’m satisfied knowing that Maurer will be here for the next 3 years getting better and Tua will be gone. Good luck Bama.
I wasn't hoping for injury. I was just pointing out that it might be why the injury occurred. (If you believe in Karma that is)

Screw Bama.

I wasn't hoping for injury. I was just pointing out that it might be why the injury occurred. (If you believe in Karma that is)

Screw Bama.
No I get it. Not implying you “hope” or “wish”. Just stating the obvious that the tide may turn in the next year or 2 and that’s karma enough for me.

You haven't seen the play? After the throw he was shoved down late and then hit his head. You should watch it.
I know he was shoved down. But that wasnt what caused the injury. It was our offensive lineman while engaged blocking his knee hit Maurer in the head. Wasnt like it was a vicious blow to the head with intent to injure. It was just a fluke play. Damn quit looking for reasons for everything. It wasnt a dirty play. Our guys hit QBs late all the time and get away with it. It's part of the game that needs cleaned up.

I’m calling it right now that Hill will be the surprise story of the SEC next year. Kid has some game if he can stay healthy.

So you are saying the third string qb at Tennessee will be the story of the sec next year? No way he play ahead of Maurer or Bailey next season.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I don’t think Maurer is injury prone from here on. He just had an unfortunate face plant vs miss state. He could be back in in a week or two maybe?
None of us are docs, at least I’m not. But I believe each successive concussion becomes easier to get and could take longer to recover. The size of the hit isn’t important.

Mauerer and his attitude are exactly what this team needs. But we can’t ignore the possibility that he misses significant time throughout his career.

VN Store

Back