'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Alabama Pregame/Game Thread

Pruitt said they called a sneak and his problem with the play was JG going over the top.

If that’s true the offensive line didn’t get the call.
I think Pruitt's trying to not throw a player under the bus here. If you look at the replay it's obvious the call was a run for Crouch to the left, but JG just did his own thing.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but this L hangs more on the players than the coaching staff tonight.... We played incredible, but in reality, could have scared the crap out of them with consistent, fair, play,,,
On the players? Seriously?
No, this loss hangs on one player and a biased officiating crew who committed a crime tonight with the blatant penalties they called. They completely robbed our guys.

JG is the last of butch's guys that has to go. I hope he quit the team tonight and that's the last I see of him. I do appreciate all the hits he's took while he's been here but he's obviously not on board with what Pruitt and this team is trying to do.

Pruitt trying to smooth it over for JG. Won't work. He'll be booed often and loudly if he takes the field in Neyland next week. They're going to have to work with Shrout, but really he needs game reps. He actually looks pretty good in practice.
That one pass from shrout was a yard from being a TD. He's got potential.

Didn't get to keep up with the game thread because I was watching on a delay, but based on what I saw, it had to be colorful in here.

Just when I think the refs are the worst, the announcers decide to open their mouths. But really, the refs made sure this one didn't go south for Alabama.

I love that McShay answered "because this is Tuscaloosa" when someone asked how one of the penalties could be called. The announcers started out completely anti-UT, but in the second half, when the team refused to give up, they started showing some respect. They made a point of talking about some of the bad calls. Like the PF on DT that fueled Bama's scoring drive.

That selfish play is pretty much standard for QB #2.
From pouting vs Ga Tech to his shady remarks after game 1 ...

This is who he is.
And he’s been enabled by two coaching staffs.
How on earth was he allowed to play as long as he has this year. IDC IF Jennings has to run wildcat the rest of the year, #2 can not be allowed to take the field the rest of the year. Nope. He has undermined the trust of all his teammates and staff. Who would want to follow that man into battle?
Ding ding ding, Jay!! Rep JJ all week and roll with him at QB until Maurer is cleared to play.

That selfish play is pretty much standard for QB #2.
From pouting vs Ga Tech to his shady remarks after game 1 ...

This is who he is.
And he’s been enabled by two coaching staffs.
How on earth was he allowed to play as long as he has this year. IDC IF Jennings has to run wildcat the rest of the year, #2 can not be allowed to take the field the rest of the year. Nope. He has undermined the trust of all his teammates and staff. Who would want to follow that man into battle?

Man so bad. He’s the same dumba$$ who checked down to the safety valve against BYU in 3rd & 10 in OT. He literally has the lowest football IQ I’ve seen out of a QB at UT.

Pruitt said they called a sneak and his problem with the play was JG going over the top.

If that’s true the offensive line didn’t get the call.
Absolutely looked like JG tried to selfishly play hero and failed miserably. If so, I'm not sure his teammates can trust him again.

I love that McShay answered "because this is Tuscaloosa" when someone asked how one of the penalties could be called. The announcers started out completely anti-UT, but in the second half, when the team refused to give up, they started showing some respect. They made a point of talking about some of the bad calls. Like the PF on DT that fueled Bama's scoring drive.

Even Griese took up for DT and he’s a QB

VN Store

Back