Relax. Maurer may not be hurt at all.

1vol8

If I had to guess the reason he was held out was precautionary. If he indeed was concussed last week (even if minor) a shot to the head could make it worse. I personally would rather have him as healthy as possible going into next week and beyond and a (hypothetical) win at Alabama wouldn’t change that.

If I had to guess the reason he was held out was precautionary. If he indeed was concussed last week (even if minor) a shot to the head could make it worse. I personally would rather have him as healthy as possible going into next week and beyond and a (hypothetical) win at Alabama wouldn’t change that.
I think there's a possibility that you're right. Plus, There's no way Pruitt was going to take any chances after the confusion last week.

I think there's a possibility that you're right. Plus, There's no way Pruitt was going to take any chances after the confusion last week.
Right. Until it’s confirmed I’m not jumping to conclusions. It was clear Alabama’s game plan was to come after Maurer. A win there wasn’t worth his health nor the rest of our season.

I hope you’re right. Otherwise, we seriously need to install the triple option with JJ, Grey and chandler.
Throw 12-15 passes a game and hope u can ring up 250 rushing yards. If Shrout is our only hope, we are in trouble. He’s just not ready to play at this level.

Last edited:
I didn’t see Maurer on the sidelines at all. To me, that’s not good? Maybe I missed something

Eh....I think he was legit hurt. I doubt Pruitt wanted to put JG back out there unless he absolutely had to.
I think he was trying to draw a flag. Which he should have gotten because it was warranted. But due to his protocol last week it wasn’t worth the risk.

I hope you’re right. Otherwise, we seriously need to install the triple option with JJ, Grey and chandler.
Throw 12-15 passes a game and hope u can ring up 250 rushing yards. If Shrout is our only hope, we are in trouble. He’s just not ready to play at this level. Dude really needed a red shirt.
He already used his redshirt, last year. Too bad we don’t have a bye week because he needs ALOT more work with the 1s before he’s out back out there.

I think he was still hurt from the last week, but, I’m not a doctor and don’t play one on TV.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Right. Until it’s confirmed I’m not jumping to conclusions. It was clear Alabama’s game plan was to come after Maurer. A win there wasn’t worth his health nor the rest of our season.
I don't question Maurer's toughness at all, but how much has he ever been hit really? There's an art to getting hit without taking a hard shot that has to be learned and that's even moreso for a true freshman

What difference does it make. If he starts next week, he won’t play more than a quarter or 2 before getting knocked out of that one too. It’s 3 games now. He’s not the answer if he can’t be available to play.

VN Store

Back