Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate running from a fight too, but it's hard not to think what the cumulative effect of an auto loss every year, for 10-15 years, means to this program. How many 5-7 seasons could have been bowl games, 15 more practices, and better recruiting?

Think of Clemson's build had they been handed an autoloss every year while building up. No ACC titles. Stifled recruiting. Etc.

Fact is we will be a better program without it. Can we handle the ego part of that? Would anyone outside UT/Bama even notice? Does it happen and Saban immediately leaves and they go through a suck period anyway? Many questions, but I mostly see positives if we just suck up our pride. That said I absolutely don't see it happening without major conference restructuring. And Alabama and Saban will taper eventually. No team dominates 2+ decades.

Reactions: drvenner
I hate running from a fight too, but it's hard not to think what the cumulative effect of an auto loss every year, for 10-15 years, means to this program. How many 5-7 seasons could have been bowl games, 15 more practices, and better recruiting?

Think of Clemson's build had they been handed an autoloss every year while building up. No ACC titles. Stifled recruiting. Etc.

Fact is we will be a better program without it. Can we handle the ego part of that? Would anyone outside UT/Bama even notice? Does it happen and Saban immediately leaves and they go through a suck period anyway? Many questions, but I mostly see positives if we just suck up our pride. That said I absolutely don't see it happening without major conference restructuring. And Alabama and Saban will taper eventually. No team dominates 2+ decades.

Yep

What’s wrong with Stanford? Getting worked by a 1-5 UCLA team after beating No. 15 Washington aaaaactually don’t answer that, it’s PAC 12 and I just lost interest....

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I said all summer that this team would be lucky to get to 6-6 with JG at QB and it would take a win over Vanderbilt to get it.

JG was very erratic in the 2018 Mizzou and Vanderbilt losses and looked even worse in the Orange and White game while Maurer flashed more than once. I even predicted on Twitter that Maurer would be the starter before October.

And I was roasted by many for my brutal honesty. Some even questioned my loyalty as a VFL.

Just saying.

Are you expecting a pat on the back?

I said all summer that this team would be lucky to get to 6-6 with JG at QB and it would take a win over Vanderbilt to get it.

JG was very erratic in the 2018 Mizzou and Vanderbilt losses and looked even worse in the Orange and White game while Maurer flashed more than once. I even predicted on Twitter that Maurer would be the starter before October.

And I was roasted by many for my brutal honesty. Some even questioned my loyalty as a VFL.

Just saying.

Maurer wasn't the starter before October though.

giphy (3).gif

What’s wrong with Stanford? Getting worked by a 1-5 UCLA team after beating No. 15 Washington aaaaactually don’t answer that, it’s PAC 12 and I just lost interest....

I’m more and more convinced there are only a few select coaches in existence that can sustain success. Stanford and mich state were two places I used to think had that

Reactions: OrangenSC
Curious are you a soil scientist?

Knew a guy who ran a construction materials testing lab years ago. I made some remark about testing dirt and he corrected me to the proper word “soil”. I asked what the difference was and he said, “If we can make money off it, it’s soil.”

Yeah can't see that unless we were to end up with Oklahoma coming in.

Idk how y'all watch baseball I really don't. I know it's a blowout game but still my god it's awful.

Baseball brings joy to my heart. Sitting in Dodger Stadium brings peace to my soul.

Losing in the DS after a 106-win regular season brings a kick to my nethers, so hard it left a hole in my soul where my nethers blasted through.

I haven’t watched another game since that Game 5. Hope I get past it in time to watch the World Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back