Wt: 264 lbs
Class: 2019

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/antonio-alfano-15022

http://247sports.com/Player/Antonio-Alfano-81734

[hudl]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5315252/57e1e351ed57ee3b18ffae1d[/hudl]

New Offer...

former teammare if Jarrett guarantano received an offer today

Antonio alfano

He's finishing a tour. Has been to Clemson and Alabama. Says he will be back to Tennessee. Family likely moving south so distance not at factor.

-Hubbs

“My boy told me to come down and see the school,” Alfano said. “It's a great school I can see why he committed here and wanted to come to school here. What I liked most about the school is that I want to major in criminal justice and coach Butch Jones told me he could help me get an internship here if I came here. “Everything he said was spot on. Everything is real close to here like he said it was. He said that the facilities are basically brand new. The dorms are fantastic here. Everyone is so nice here.”

The Tennessee visit completed a southern tour for Alfano which included Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. “My parents are looking to move down south when they retire pretty soon,” Alfano said. “That's why I'm looking down south a little bit.”

Alfano was a freshman when Guarantano was a senior and the two had dinner Saturday night. “He hadn't seen me in a while. Before I was smaller than him and I got a lot bigger than him. He was talking about that and we are having dinner together.”

Alfano didn't go through any drills at the Vols camp but he did get to visit with defensive line coach Brady Hoke. “He's a great dude,” Alfano said. “He and my dad hit it off well. I could easily see myself being coached by him. He's a great guy. I love the whole staff.

Alfano said he's 6-4.5 and 266 pounds. Schools see him as a versatile defensive end. “I've been told my whole southeast trip that I'm a hybrid defensive lineman and could play all over the defensive line,” Alfano offered. “Some have compared me to J.J. Watt a couple of times. I like to play with aggression and anger.”

Alfano has no plans for an early decision, but will be back on Rocky Top at some point to see the Vols and his buddy. “Definitely, Jarrett is my boy I will have to come back and visit him, come to a game or something like that,” Alfano said. “He's not going to tell me I have to come here because it's his school, but he has pointed out some things like how close everything is and what they can do for me here in the program.”

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
Criminal justice major... Butch Jones being the son of a police officer... 🤔

Reactions: 2 people
"My first stop was University of Georgia," Alfano said. "It's a great school. I love the history there and the people are so nice. I love the defensive line coach and he really broke things down for me. I got a chance to go against Keiondre Jones there too and he's a really good athlete.

"I got to go to Clemson next," he said. "Clemson was awesome. It's like a playground there. Coach Swinney is amazing and coach Venables is great. They're definitely one of my top schools. "After that we headed over to Alabama," said Alfano. "I talked to coach Saban for a little while there and he offered me. He told me to keep working hard and have a great season.

"Next we went up to Tennessee and saw my friend Jarrett Guarantano," he said. "I got to spend some time with him. I met with coach Jones and he offered me. We toured the facility and the campus. Everything was just amazing. I really liked how close-knit the alumni and the fans are there.

"From these visits, I'm going to take away how the coaches really cared about their players, the family atmospheres, and where I will be living," Alfano said. "Where I choose is where I'm going to spend the next chapter of my life so the atmosphere around me is very important. "Near the top my list, and no specific order, Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, Rutgers, Florida State, Miami, Florida, Clemson, and Michigan," he said. "I'm probably just going to visit some regional schools coming up. It'll be somewhere close. As far as a commitment goes, the earliest would be next year around this time.

"LSU is one that I'm making an effort to get in touch with," said Alfano. "Georgia, Clemson, Penn State, and Rutgers are also making a big-time effort. The environment will be a big factor for me. I want to get the full college experience."

RIVALS' REACTION

From a physical standpoint, it's very clear Alfano has been putting in a lot of effort to improve and it much more focused on becoming a better player. When it comes to his recruitment, Alfano is very much in the early stages of what will probably be a drawn out process. Schools that are relatively close to home will likely emerge as his top contenders as the process wears on. Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, and Rutgers will be schools Alfano talks about all the way up to his commitment but schools like Georgia, Tennessee, and many others will likely receive additional visits.

- Adam Friedman, Rivals

Reactions: 1 person
[twitter]https://twitter.com/Antonioalfano99/status/903604555992231936[/twitter]

Saw some post from his dad explaining that his grandmother was ill and he was exploring options to be back closer to her. Made it sound like the family was trying to push him into staying at Alabama, but that it was ultimately his decision. I'd think the fact that the "ill family member" explanation has a pretty low batting average with NCAA eligibility waivers would probably play into this to some degree.

As much as JG is ragged on, I highly doubt anyone here would want to take a change on a former teammate of his.

Apparently he stopped going to class and practice after his grandmother took a turn for the worse. I assume that’s the “grade issues” that they’re referring to.

Not been going to class or practice. I would understand if back home do to the grandmother but apparently still in TTown hanging out.

Why did quit going to class and practice? Is it because he hates Turd Town or he doesn't want to put in the effort?

Sounds like a toxic relationship, not sure he would be any better here CJP is very demanding as well.

PSU, Syracuse or Rutgers might take a chance on him as he would be closer to home and family support system.

Alabama freshman DL Antonio Alfano enters NCAA transfer portal

If everything turns out good with this guy, I wonder if Pruitt can get him? Or is something seriously else wrong?
I’d love for him to come to Tennessee, and start a new chapter in his life!
I'd like to know A LOT more about his quitting class and practice, we don't need any more quitters/thugs/I need my mama types! Does he have a restraining order out on him? Does he consider it okay to threaten females, is it okay the threaten to shoot up UT, or shoot at cops? We've had more of that than we will ever need. I've read on this very board, many times, if some of our thugs were playing for SABAN, no one would have even heard of their problems. If that is true, imagine how bad something has to be, if SABAN won't cover it up, bribe cops, falsify records etc. in order to keep him-which many think is something he [Saban] does all the time.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I'd like to know A LOT more about his quitting class and practice, we don't need any more quitters/thugs/I need my mama types! Does he have a restraining order out on him? Does he consider it okay to threaten females, is it okay the threaten to shoot up UT, or shoot at cops? We've had more of that than we will ever need. I've read on this very board, many times, if some of our thugs were playing for SABAN, no one would have even heard of their problems. If that is true, imagine how bad something has to be, if SABAN won't cover it up, bribe cops, falsify records etc. in order to keep him-which many think is something he [Saban] does all the time.
You gather those questions from dude that quit going to class?

VN Store

Back