Breakdown of Nick Saban's undefeated record against former assistants

Only a couple have had good enough rosters to play him a even game. The deck has been stacked against most of these coaches. His Jimmy's and Joe's have been much better for the most part. Kirby has had similar talent lately, just hasn't broke through. Probably won't get that chance this year. UGA has a few more losses coming. One day though, it's bound to happen.

Only a couple have had good enough rosters to play him a even game. The deck has been stacked against most of these coaches. His Jimmy's and Joe's have been much better for the most part. Kirby has had similar talent lately, just hasn't broke through. Probably won't get that chance this year. UGA has a few more losses coming. One day though, it's bound to happen.
Despite Georgia’s loss on Saturday, they’re still incredibly talented. It wouldn’t surprise me if they upset Bama this year.

I wouldn't.

UGA struggled to tie the game against a less talented SC team on a 3rd string QB. With hoards of talent they very rarely show up to play on Saturday. It’s usually one or 2 at most.

Florida on the other hand just took LSU to the wire. No one will argue LSU is worse than Georgia or USc. Trask will get them with his arm and feet and make Georgia play sideline to sideline.

I’d be willing to bet Georgia is beat by 14 before they beat Florida outright

Reactions: VolunGator
If you'll recall you're Attack of the Clones, you know that when you pledge yourself to Darth Sabanious, you forfeit some part of your force power, which explains all.

I don't think it's that odd. Bama lost a grand total of 21 games in the 10+ years he's been there. They've only lost 15 games since the end of his 1st season. The only coaches to beat him multiple times I believe are Dabo, Malzahn, Urban, Richt, and Freeze. So roughly half of his losses are at the hands of those gentlemen.

In short, Bama is really effing good and it takes a really effing good team to beat them.

Despite Georgia’s loss on Saturday, they’re still incredibly talented. It wouldn’t surprise me if they upset Bama this year.

If they get to play them.. They have got to get past Fla. which has become a better team than I ever thought they would be.

UGA struggled to tie the game against a less talented SC team on a 3rd string QB. With hoards of talent they very rarely show up to play on Saturday. It’s usually one or 2 at most.

Florida on the other hand just took LSU to the wire. No one will argue LSU is worse than Georgia or USc. Trask will get them with his arm and feet and make Georgia play sideline to sideline.

I’d be willing to bet Georgia is beat by 14 before they beat Florida outright
Transitive property is seductive. UGA is better than they played against SCAR.

UF is a better team than i thought them to be, though. Should be a really great game. Hopefully a meteor hits the stadium at kickoff.

Transitive property is seductive. UGA is better than they played against SCAR.

UF is a better team than i thought them to be, though. Should be a really great game. Hopefully a meteor hits the stadium at kickoff.

Are they really that much better? Look at how they played Tennessee. They weren’t all that great until later in the game. If their offense doesent come out clicking they’re in trouble against Florida early.

*By no means am I saying Tennessee would have won but there’s no reason given talent it should have went the way it did for that long.

Are they really that much better? Look at how they played Tennessee. They weren’t all that great until later in the game. If their offense doesent come out clicking they’re in trouble against Florida early.

*By no means am I saying Tennessee would have won but there’s no reason given talent it should have went the way it did for that long.
Yes. They really are that much better. Georgia has the talent. UF has better coaching.

UF fell upward when Franks got injured. Trask looks like the real deal.

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
I'd put my money on Florida being in that game instead of them...
I’ll give UF a little credit. I personally thought, with how we played them and if we’d not had all the critical errors, we could have been in that game. I thought, coming out of that game, that UF was closer to UT as a team, than UGA, but they’ve clearly gotten better...credit to them. UGA, on the other hand...love to see the self implosion. I’d trade to be where they’re at in a heart beat, but here they are again, dealing with the reality that they’ve got a team built for a national championship, and after last year’s 4th and 11 fake punt blunder, they’re more than likely not going to be in the playoffs...again...unless they win out

Yes. They really are that much better. Georgia has the talent. UF has better coaching.

UF fell upward when Franks got injured. Trask looks like the real deal.

Swift and Pickens only showed up to play Saturday.

Swift had 113 and a TD
Pickens had 98 and no TDs
Cager who played well against Tennessee only had 48 yards on the day

I just don’t see it being close if Georgia can’t get motivated to beat USc how are they going up against UF? With Fromm Georgia should be blistering scoreboards and they aren’t

Swift had 113 and a TD

I just don’t see it being close if Georgia can’t get motivated to beat USc how are they going up against UF? With Fromm Georgia should be blistering scoreboards and they aren’t
You may be right. UF might dominate. But your use of the transitive property is a fallacy in NCAA football, though.
Try this on for size...how could a P5 school who lost to Ga State possibly beat Miss State? See? It doesnt work like that. Teams get upset. Have a flat game; or half.

Swift had 113 and a TD

Teams have bad games. It happens. I bet we'd beat Georgia State by an average of four touchdowns if we played 10 more times.

Reactions: McDad
You’re not the same team every week.

Georgia is better than Florida.

Can Florida win? Yes. But, Georgia winning is more likely. SC was a bad loss. No doubt about that. But, sometimes that jump starts a team too.

Having said all that, I’d love nothing more than to beat Georgia

As for the thread, someone had it right. A: Saban has had the better teams. B: Bama doesn’t do a whole lot of losing to anyone

You may be right. UF might dominate. But your use of the transitive property is a fallacy in NCAA football, though.
Try this on for size...how could a P5 school who lost to Ga State possibly beat Miss State? See? It doesnt work like that. Teams get upset. Have a flat game; or half.

Your right.

Maybe it’s just wanting Georgia to lose more than anything.

You’re not the same team every week.

Georgia is better than Florida.

Can Florida win? Yes. But, Georgia winning is more likely. SC was a bad loss. No doubt about that. But, sometimes that jump starts a team too.

Having said all that, I’d love nothing more than to beat Georgia

As for the thread, someone had it right. A: Saban has had the better teams. B: Bama doesn’t do a whole lot of losing to anyone

Yes, SC played past their limitations Saturday and stole one they shouldn’t have. Let’s not pretend like this isn’t classic Georgia having the same mentality they’ve always had “we are gonna win simply because we’re Georgia”

Because he has more TALENT than their teams 99% of the time. If talent were equal or less, the win percentage wouldn't be so hot. He was average at MSU. It wasn't until he landed in BR that anyone cared about Nick Saban. He realized he had tons of talent in LA and kept it all! For $ome rea$on.

Surprisingly Saban has had only one undefeated season at Bama back in 2009 but he rarely loses more than 1 game a year he is unbelievably consistent the last 2 loss season he had was in 2014 and he hasn’t had a 3 loss season since 2010. In today’s college football landscape that is a amazing record.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back