Maurer listed as the starter for Bama

It's right there by moxie and energizing the team.

You know, literally the only things people say BM does better at of has more of.
Yeah... except for hitting receivers in tight windows. Hitting receivers in stride. Throwing the passes that JG NOT throwing caused him to lose the job.

The tangible stats all favor JG.
You can keep saying it... and it just ain't true.

If you want to include UTC... if you really just can't handle life's reality without doing that... then carry on in your fairy tale.

It's right there by moxie and energizing the team.

You know, literally the only things people say BM does better at of has more of.

The tangible stats all favor JG.
Lol. No they don't. They say JG is not a good QB. Fact. And you literally hang your racist fedora on the fact BM has only started 2 games. When BM goes 3 games in a row with 0 TD's you might have a point..

Reactions: joevol33
Look at him, hardly any muscle tone at all and he's what 6'3"? I'd have to see him on a scale before believing he's 200 lbs. I'm 6'2 and know exactly what 200 lbs looks like and he's not it, not 200 lbs of muscle. He'll get there eventually but he's way to light muscle wise to handle the rigors of the position. Either that or he has a glass jaw suffering injuries in both his starts. I think it's simply that he's not ready physically and once a player starts getting concussions in today's sports climate they don't last long. He needs more muscle before he starts getting concussed every game.
Not creepy and weird at all...nope..

So "coulda, shoulda, woulda"... you are reading your assumptions into it.

I have no earthly idea though if I'm not mistaken one of those weights would have been from the Elite 11.

Again I wish he were more developed. But JG's ineffectiveness forced them to try someone else. Why do you keep avoiding the reason Maurer has to be out there?

They chose Maurer. They didn't feel he was too little. They didn't even tell him not to run. If they told him to slide... it didn't take. Shrout and JG are actually listed at 213. Somehow the coaches didn't think whatever the difference was... was critical.
Maurer is not playing because hes physically or mentally reading to take the spot. Hes getting a chance because JG is not clearly a better QB as a RS Jr and this team has responded with better play behind him.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
This is called projection... the only one in this conversation who has shown themselves to be biased by race is you. You've trashed every white QB who competed with a black QB over the past several years. If FLVOL_79 is a racist then he must be color blind. He's pulling for a team with at least 18 black starters out of 22. He's pulling for a school that had one of the first black QB's in the south. He's pulling for a team who gives far more scholarships and plays more black kids than white kids.

So he's either the most confused racist in the world... or someone else is the racist.
Looks at the hit dog holler.

Lets not discuss how you seem to think all the black qbs are dumb and can't read a defense or process.

Then you magically think the worse, less accurate, turnover prone white qb is automatically some whiz at reading the defense and making smart decisions. No matter how many bad reads and turnovers they have.

You have hyped up multiple white qbs that can't play as being better than obviously better black qbs.

What happened to Dormady being better at reading defense and decision making than Dobbs? Remember that gem?

Did JG have a higher ypa in 2 of 3 SEC games or not? YES!!!!!

UF 6.3 to 4.0
MSU 15.1 to 8.7
It’s sad that you have to go to such lengths to prove a not so valid point. UF? Really? BM was tossed in there with no preparation at all and leave it to you to throw up the stats of such a contest. Just be happy that JG is still a valued part of this team. You sound like Pulaski trying to discredit anything the kid does simply because he’s not your personal preference.

Lol. No they don't. They say JG is not a good QB. Fact. And you literally hang your racist fedora on the fact BM has only started 2 games. When BM goes 3 games in a row with 0 TD's you might have a point..

News flash! They say BM is even worse. So a not a good qb and a terrible qb is all we have apparently.

Which three full games from start to finish did he play and not throw a td?

It’s sad that you have to go to such lengths to prove a not so valid point. UF? Really? BM was tossed in there with no preparation at all and leave it to you to throw up the stats of such a contest. Just be happy that JG is still a valued part of this team. You sound like Pulaski trying to discredit anything the kid does simply because he’s not your personal preference.
Sorry that facts discredit your arguments. Maybe that tells you that you are wrong?

I don't believe Maurer actually had a concussion at any point. He was jumping around on the sidelines and practiced Sunday. You don't do that when a player actually has a concussion.

As for who should start, the player with the most upside for this week, the rest of the season and next year. That's clearly, hands down, Maurer. You know without a doubt what you're getting from JG at this point in his career. Even if it were marginally better than Maurer (it's not) the fact that JG is in year 4 and seems no better than he was the first time he came into a game says enough about the situation.

Still wrong. Even though you are trying to move goalposts. Every non SEC game is a buy game. AND I'm sure you would want to leave those out as BM was atrocious passing those games.

It's a fact out of the three "real games" JG has a higher ypa in two. And if you go just SEC games it's 7.9 to 7.8 overall.

BYU is a home and home, not a buy game. I'll give you credit for one thing: you'd be a great gravedigger since you know how to keep digging.

The funny thing is I'm not sure JG still isnt the best QB on the roster...

I heard some UT fans/alumni say that the Vols should play their 2nd&3rd team athletes? What in the wide world of sports is going on with these Similac-brats? That would be complete cowardice and not what the Fighting Volunteers are all about.

Sorry that facts discredit your arguments. Maybe that tells you that you are wrong?
No. It tells me that you are actually AVOIDING the facts. While you’re hugging stat lines most are actually watching the game. You keep saying JG was better vs MSST but fail to add the rushing yards BM put up as well. 3/41. Thats over 13.5 yards a carry. Add his passing to that and you’ll get how well he really performed (in a quarter and a half I might add). No one is denying that he made 2 freshman mistakes. The problem is people like you and Pulaski that expect a true freshman to perform like a seasoned vet and focus all your energy on criticizing his mistakes while avoiding the DIMES he threw otherwise. It’s pathetic

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
High risk, high reward, imo... this would be some really good experience for him. I'm just not sure how many shots he can take like he did in the GA game. I haven't watched Alabama this year, but I hear their defense isn't what it usually is, so there's that.

Dang good possibility that's for sure but it want be cause of their defense. If they can get by LSU they have a good chance. I don't see the loser getting in. Shaping up to be the game of the ages. This years playoffs could be very interesting. Ohio St is great in all phases, Wisconsin's D is stupid good, Oklahoma's D has got much better and Clemson is playing a high school schedule so they're in for sure plus there's still Bama and LSU. Penn State, Ohio St and Wisconsin will sort themselves out. But Clemson and Oklahoma should be undefeated so there's 2 in for sure. If Ohio State wins out and is undefeated there's 3 in and Bama or LSU will be left out. Plus they still play at Jordan hare and the SEC championship. That's a tough row to hoe plus the semi finals. 1 lost could be season ending unless it's to Auburn. Going to be fun!
You're right about it going to be fun! This year there are a number of teams with a great D, in fact, I'd say there are about seven teams with a D, that is ten rungs higher than the rest of the field, BAMA is one of those seven, and may be much higher than one thinks. BAMA's O is so good, the D hasn't been "taxed", and they won't be this Saturday-I don't care what type of uni the Vols are wearing. I'm going to step out on a limb here, Maurer, if he plays for the full first half, will be amazing. I don't see him making the entire game-BAMA's D is looking for him.

The Bama defense is no better than Georgia. Our guys aren’t slouches. He’ll be fine.
I disagree, I believe BAMA's D is better than UGA, but even if they are evenly matched, UGA Knocked Maurer Out, Period. Even Mississippi put him out of the game, I would not rest on, Maurer is so tough, BAMA can't touch him, he'll be okay for 4 quarters.....just saying

I don't think it's critical at all. Maurer needs 20-30 lbs of muscle to even have a chance at finishing a season healthy. He's only played really 1 decent quarter of football, he's making a bunch of mistakes and we have HB coming in who is closer to being ready to play physically right now. BM wasn't recruited by any of the big 3 Florida schools and most of his other offers, including our, were made based off what he might be 3-4 years down the road. It's not a particularly popular opinion but my guess is that JG plays a bunch the rest of the year and HB is our likely starter next season. BM will transfer out of here before his Jr season if Bailey comes in and starts. His development at Tennessee may not matter at all.

That's a fair point. I also expect HB to come in and compete for the starting job. However, I think Maurer has the potential to be very good. If HB comes in and wins the starting spot that is great, but it will not be a bad thing if Maurer gets developed this season and can be a solid backup option or maybe even surprise us and be a stellar QB. More than likely JG is gone so we need that backup option even if HB wins the starting spot. Anyways, I see your point that Maurer's play and development may not mean much in the grand scheme of things, but I definitely think it is important for this season.

Looks at the hit dog holler.

Lets not discuss how you seem to think all the black qbs are dumb and can't read a defense or process.

Then you magically think the worse, less accurate, turnover prone white qb is automatically some whiz at reading the defense and making smart decisions. No matter how many bad reads and turnovers they have.

You have hyped up multiple white qbs that can't play as being better than obviously better black qbs.

What happened to Dormady being better at reading defense and decision making than Dobbs? Remember that gem?
You disappear for a week, then JG comes in Saturday and throws one td that was actually more credit to Byrd than him, and you're back crowing like JG is the best in the world? 😂😂😂😂 I'm sure that got the scouts fired up sunday. Why don't you pist us a link of them touting him? And ftr, accusing everyone who doesn't think JG is a great qb of being racist is weak, desperate, and getting old.

Not sure about this. I think I'd probably just let JG take the bruising, and not risk Maurer getting injured. The rest of the games after Bama are winnable, and we need our best QB to be healthy for them.

VN Store

Back