Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question....After getting beaten this weekend, if (and this is an enormous IF) Tennessee wins out does Jeremy Pruitt get any talk of SEC Coach of the Year? To get THIS Tennessee team from getting beaten by Georgia State to 7-5 would be remarkable IMO. But Coach O or even Mullen might be too good. Again, I understand that this is HUGELY improbable.

Reactions: SoilVol
Cliff notes from Pruitt's press conference that frank posted in the FF.
-Alabama has to try hard not to score 100 most weeks.

[So far this sounds like an Alabama infomercial. :(]

-On Maurer, should he have been pulled immediately after he hit his head? -- We didn't know he had a concussion until he came out. He jumped up and ran to the huddle and called the next play. People are out there having collisions every play. We could stop the game and evaluate everybody out there, but I don't think we have time for that.

-I didn't even know if we had orange pants. I asked, and we did, so I said let's wear them.

-We are changing the line of scrimmage more on offense. Still not where we need to be but we are improving.

-Brian took some reps last night at practice. He's going to be fine I'm sure.

-With Tee and Rumph on the sidelines. With Tee, we rotate a lot of guys at that position so having Tee on the sidelines gave us the best option for the substitution patterns of our receivers.

-Anybody that's been associated with this rivalry, it's a pretty special event. The third Saturday in October, whether you're on the Tennessee side or the Alabama side, this is the rivalry. This is the game. I grew up watching it, played in it, and have coached on it on both sides. It gets you going, so to speak.

-Ramel Keyton has made plays all camp going back to last spring. He's been a good playmaker. It's been hard to get some of the younger guys on the field. One of the reasons we moved Tee, we felt like our top three guys were playing more snaps than they should. We're working on about 67 scholarships right now, so those guys are playing special teams too.

-Flowers had a lower leg injury. We'll find out a little more this afternoon.

-Jerome Carvin played a lot of snaps last year and probably wasn't ready. We considered redshirting him this year. We've had so many moving parts this year, with the freshman, injuries, newcomers like Wright arriving in the fall, and the issues with Trey.

-On Warrior: I see a guy that has really deleloped over the last 22 months. His habits on and off the field, being a leader, in the classroom. He's matured. He's worked extremely hard. I see some confidence there that probably wasn't there when we first got here. I think he's playing his best football right now.

-On the game plan for this week. There's a high school team in Arkansas that onside kicks every time and never punts. We considered that this week. (I assume he's kidding but he didn't smile.)

/the end

If we find a way to beat USC, Mizzou will be in for a serious fight. We will beat the others.

Whatever it takes, need to win 4 of these. Bowl game would do amazing things for this program, fanbase, recruiting and national perception going into next year. MUST WIN 4 MORE!

Those extra practices are precious

Simonton. Just stop with the weird slang. You come off as the goober of VQ, which is hard to do going against price and Hubbs.

Man the typos...I'm so disgusted by the lack of proofreading in so many digital "news sources" and they want to ask for monthly subscriptions... @ChattaTNVol post better edited stories than all these local yahoos!

You all ready for this?

72744080_3352966234728395_5570193822631067648_n.jpg

The good news UAB will most likely be 6-1 when they come to town, after a hard fought victory over Old Dominion (1-5) another elite powerhouse they will have faced.
I get what you’re doing, but you wouldn’t say Georgia State has any good wins either, would you?

UAB is not good. But we’ve proven we can’t take a single game for granted.

Also I don't agree with anything about this paragraph.

Obviously, this list was much harder to cobble together. Maurer had his moments, but he made two bad freshman mistakes in the red zone, one in which came immediately after a concussion. Maurer got up awkwardly after he was helicoptered on a designed run, yet he was never checked out by trainers and stayed in the game for three more plays, including the pick in the end zone. That's not a great look for the Vols there. Earlier in the half, Maurer was totally baited on his first interception, deciding pre-snap he was going to Jauan Jennings without recognizing State’s bracket coverage.

Re watched it, he stayed down for a moment then popped up and started jawing at a MSU defender. Handed the ball off twice, PA roll out and he threw it late and floated it for his next pick.

We did have 3 timeouts there, so might have been a good chance to take one to make sure he was alright, but it was a big play to get inside the red zone and he appeared fine. Guessing they wanted to keep attacking MSU.

Media asked How do you stop Bama's amazing offense? Pruitt said There's this HS team in Arkansas everyone talks about that doesn't punt and always on side kicks. Maybe we'll do that. Have to find a way to not give them the ball.

lol that was a great answer
would be glorious

I don’t care if it ended 98-27... what a show! Lol

I get what you’re doing, but you wouldn’t say Georgia State has any good wins either, would you?

UAB is not good. But we’ve proven we can’t take a single game for granted.

Let's start here, are we playing Georgia State or UAB?

Move on, can't replay games we already lost. There's no point bringing back up Georgia State. UAB is can crushing to the maximum level and they'll come in here off a bye week having beaten 6 teams with a combined win total (right now) of 6, half belong to the FCS school they played!

So let's focus on the teams we're actually playing, stop deflecting to a game that's done over with and can't be changed. Also the only team Georgia State has beaten that still has a losing record to this point...is UT.

Also I don't agree with anything about this paragraph.

Obviously, this list was much harder to cobble together. Maurer had his moments, but he made two bad freshman mistakes in the red zone, one in which came immediately after a concussion. Maurer got up awkwardly after he was helicoptered on a designed run, yet he was never checked out by trainers and stayed in the game for three more plays, including the pick in the end zone. That's not a great look for the Vols there. Earlier in the half, Maurer was totally baited on his first interception, deciding pre-snap he was going to Jauan Jennings without recognizing State’s bracket coverage.

Re watched it, he stayed down for a moment then popped up and started jawing at a MSU defender. Handed the ball off twice, PA roll out and he threw it late and floated it for his next pick.

We did have 3 timeouts there, so might have been a good chance to take one to make sure he was alright, but it was a big play to get inside the red zone and he appeared fine. Guessing they wanted to keep attacking MSU.
Who wrote this? Deliberate rabble-rousing for sure.

Honestly absolutely NOTHING about Maurer's headstand made me think concussion, and he didn't even appear to have gotten his bell rung even a little bit.

I've seen linemen get up from normal blocking plays with more wobble in 'em than he had.

It looked awful to me. And then he bounced up like those inflatable air dancer thingies on the side of the road. He collapsed the next play lol.

Media asked How do you stop Bama's amazing offense? Pruitt said There's this HS team in Arkansas everyone talks about that doesn't punt and always on side kicks. Maybe we'll do that. Have to find a way to not give them the ball.

lol that was a great answer

I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back