Maurer listed as the starter for Bama

Pruitt will start JG, sad but true. I have no idea why he likes JG so much...…..
That makes zero sense at this point, JG got benched and Pruitt showed how much he liked him by limiting what he did in the 2nd half. Pruitt nor Chaney trust JG with the football, it just took them a while to get Maurer ready after they realized JG still didn't comprehend big boy football.

He needs as much rest as he can get. Concussions are nothing to f*** with. I would rather he not play than risk it. It isn't like we have a better chance of winning with him playing. The result of the game is still going to be a loss unless something miraculous happens.
I doubt his injury was a concussion.

I don't want to see BM hurt and don't want him to play in fear of getting hurt. I do think that he will gain tremendous experience playing against Bama, experience that will pay off later this season and next year.
Experience on what? How to take a sack?
We can’t run for sh@t against weak teams, doubt the receivers get open, and if they do he’ll have about 1/2 second to throw it

Reactions: FLVOL_79
This is a tough one for me. On the one hand Maurer needs experience. On the other this will look really dumb if we lose Maurer for SC due to another concussion. I chalk this decision under the "I am glad it is not my decision to make" file.

Give him another chance to prove the first half vs UGA wasn't a fluke. He's been a turnover machine since.

This is a tough one for me. On the one hand Maurer needs experience. On the other this will look really dumb if we lose Maurer for SC due to another concussion. I chalk this decision under the "I am glad it is not my decision to make" file.
He's got to learn to protect himself. Part of his growth curve.... that I hope hits sooner rather than later.

VN Store

Back