Should UT pull a "Houston" in the upcoming Bama game?

Some could make a case for resting the key players, spending two weeks preparing for USCjr and keeping our slim hopes of a bowl game alive. I think the media fall out would be devastating. However, if the game got out of hand early go to the bench and rest the starters.
I don’t see Pruitt doing that. Maurer will be out. Idk who we play at LB and Dline if we rest anyone there, 😂. Just so thin.

I don’t see Pruitt doing that. Maurer will be out. Idk who we play at LB and Dline if we rest anyone there, 😂. Just so thin.
Maurer was perfectly fine on the sideline. I would be shocked if he couldn't pass protocol before Saturday. Only way he is out is if they don't want to put him in there without a full week of practice.

No. Houston has always been a renegade school. You don’t copy them.

Maurer was perfectly fine on the sideline. I would be shocked if he couldn't pass protocol before Saturday. Only way he is out is if they don't want to put him in there without a full week of practice.
I would not play him versus Bama. That’s just me. Even though he had some freshman moments the playbook is much more open with him than JG the rest of the year.

True; we are so thin we would have to pay 7 on 11 to rest players. Of course, that's an exaggeration.

Pruitt said something about the concussion protocol after the game. They have to test him. If he passes, all is good, if not, he likely sits out.

Some could make a case for resting the key players, spending two weeks preparing for USCjr and keeping our slim hopes of a bowl game alive. I think the media fall out would be devastating. However, if the game got out of hand early go to the bench and rest the starters.

I didn’t think so. All the guys that have earned playing time deserve a chance to play and anything can happen...who saw sc beating uga today. Now I know...regardless of what their fans think uga is a long ways from being bama. But still I think you play our best kids and hope we get some breaks. Like 58 of them. All in the same game. Lol

Just forfeit. Saves everybody. And make Bama suffer by not even telling them. Stadium gets packed. Both teams out in the field during warmup. They finish and go back to locker rooms. Band then plays their pregame stuff. Announcers are proclaiming their greatness. And when it's our turn to come on the field, just turn around and go home. That's what I would do.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Iron sharpens iron.

And..anyway...certain players I.e. Jennings,Calloway etc. NEED some film making plays against the highest quality teams for some $ at the next level.

Pruitt said something about the concussion protocol after the game. They have to test him. If he passes, all is good, if not, he likely sits out.

After watching some of the hits that Kellen Mond took, I would make sure he failed the test. Everyone else should play though.

Should never be a question of a Tennessee team laying down in a game.

I get the argument and was concerned about starting Mauer against GA but don't agree with completely throwing a game, Alabama or not.

Reactions: hog88
I was unable to watch it on the television today. Could someone tell me if it was really targeting? Thanks.

Yes. Not lead with the crown type but should have tackled him lower. Facemask to facemask type hit

I was unable to watch it on the television today. Could someone tell me if it was really targeting? Thanks.

Per the rules it was a classic case, but he wasn't trying to do it I don't think, it just kind of happened.

VN Store

Back