Looks like Tony Robinson was exactly right.

Mauer plays loose and with emotion. Those are the type of players that everyone gives a little bit extra for.

He has been saying for almost a year that the players didn't like JG and didn't like playing with him so they didn't play hard for him. He said he could see it in the way the players acted on the field and that JG just didn't inspire the team at all. Looks like a different team with Mauer.
The team that just got their ass drug up and down the field again? The team looked that much different with Mauer.? The same team that didn’t have a single passing yard in the second half until their last drive of the night against UGA’s third string. That team? The team that gave up 260 on the ground, and 300 through the air. That team? Or the team that managed a whooping 70 yards rushing? That team? Or the team that didn’t score a point after the start of the second quarter. That team? Or the one that was outscored 33-0 from that point on? That one?
If you get a good feeling after that game then it is worse than it seemed. If you can come away happy after getting beat 43-14 at home, well I am happy for you. Good game.
I will give you that the did seem to have more fight in them...unfortunately they were fighting themselves before the game, so does that really count?

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
The team that just got their ass drug up and down the field again? The team looked that much different with Mauer.? The same team that didn’t have a single passing yard in the second half until their last drive of the night against UGA’s third string. That team? The team that gave up 260 on the ground, and 300 through the air. That team? Or the team that managed a whooping 70 yards rushing? That team? Or the team that didn’t score a point after the start of the second quarter. That team? Or the one that was outscored 33-0 from that point on? That one?
If you get a good feeling after that game then it is worse than it seemed. If you can come away happy after getting beat 43-14 at home, well I am happy for you. Good game.
I will give you that the did seem to have more fight in them...unfortunately they were fighting themselves before the game, so does that really count?
Yeah...that team.

VN Store

Back