The Atlanta Braves Thread

Even if we argue about the decision makers (whether Liberty Media cares or not truly I don’t know. Hell the only reason they bought the team was because to avoid penalties in a merger, why do they even have the team???), they obviously believe, since Ted Turner left, they won’t give out long terms deals. And won’t try and sign big time players. It’s not their belief system. Hell look at 2014. Instead of spending money to fix holes, they decided to blow it up completely and save money and build again through the farm.

I'm just saying that I no longer believe that the team has to be sold to make aggressive, good moves aimed at winning, as I did the first 500 or so years that Liberty owned the team. The money is there now. It's just that this is a management team who labored under an oppressive budget for so long that they came to believe that theirs is the only smart way of running a team. And so now that there's this new influx of cash, their first instinct isn't to say "Holy ****! Now we can really improve the team!", but rather "Only idiots would spend all this money on free agents. Let's reinvest it."

It does, because we don’t have a true superstar ace. I don’t believe a guy like Zack Wheeler actually fixes anything. He’d be a nice addition though. But I’d rather spend to get a Cole or Stras (but I know that won’t happen either).
We better hope Folty gets it together then. Also I think Newk should stay in the pen

Ok. So I dont really watch the NBA. But what team is the equivalent to the Braves/Vols/Titans I may start and thats my team

If you are in west Tennessee you should follow the Grizzlies. If you're in east Tennessee you should get in on the ground floor with JOHN THE BAPTIST and TRAE YOUNG and RED VELVET and the rest of YOUR ATLANTAAAAA HAAAAAAAAWKS

(You should watch whichever team you get on the Fox Sports regional networks that you get.)

I'm just saying that I no longer believe that the team has to be sold to make aggressive, good moves aimed at winning, as I did the first 500 or so years that Liberty owned the team. The money is there now. It's just that this is a management team who labored under an oppressive budget for so long that they came to believe that theirs is the only smart way of running a team. And so now that there's this new influx of cash, their first instinct isn't to say "Holy ****! Now we can really improve the team!", but rather "Only idiots would spend all this money on free agents. Let's reinvest it."

Fair enough. And there’s actually advantages to having a corporation leave a team alone and let the professionals run it. But it’s things like not having a more hands on owner where “hey we need a better manager” or “how come we had ten pitching prospects in the top 100 and only 2 have panned out??” Or “why do we want a 35 year old Nick Markakis again”? Things like that.

Money, I don’t think it’s an actual issue. The Royals and Giants both never had big time budgets and won titles. Hell the Astros didn’t have a big time budget in 2017. But it’s Jim Crane saying “I don’t care what the cost is, go get Verlander, I will pay it” where that hurts.

If you are in west Tennessee you should follow the Grizzlies. If you're in east Tennessee you should get in on the ground floor with JOHN THE BAPTIST and TRAE YOUNG and RED VELVET and the rest of YOUR ATLANTAAAAA HAAAAAAAAWKS

(You should watch whichever team you get on the Fox Sports regional networks that you get.)
East. I get both

Well I guess I can go over positives. Maybe that will help:

1) Signed Ozzie and Acuna long term

2) Ozzie and Dansby’s improvements, more specifically Ozzie

3) Soroka has a chance to be a superstar ace

4) Fried is a legitimate lefty starter

5) Still have three potential positions that could be really good in Waters/Pache/Riley

VN Store

Back