Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea. I think any coaches ceiling is national championship in a sense bc it’s been done here in the modern era. and now the more Tennessee as a state improves its recruiting i think it can stay there. I’m not of the believe that a coach has to win a national title to be deemed a success bc there’s so much that goes into it and honestly a lot of luck too. If Pruitt has a mark Richt style UGA style tenure, i would gladly take that especially in the playoff era. 10-2 might get you a shot in the dance
With you there. I think once an even average coach is established at Tennessee he can win 7 or 8 year in and year out. Just about any competent dude can get players here. People like Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina and Missouri are simply inferior to Tennessee. All I want is to get to a point to where we're handling those programs consistently. Rest should take care of itself.

Last edited:
baseball blows ass

not if you played. as a boy i dreamth of donning that blue Bravos uni. Tom & Jerry...Three Stooges...Dale Murphy, Rafael Ramirez, Bruce Horner...just beat the Cubs please!!!

That line of thinking is what made Sid Bream and worst to first so special.

As a lefty...let me break this down for you. It gives me chills...Mantle, Williams, Griffey, Jones....this game has a history.

Had to rant. Good stuff, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Edit: Wow, Caucasian at dinner = rant. 😂

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure the logic of it. We've seen this new era of transfer portal to go play is just different. People who think Maurer playing solid and taking over won't potentially impact recruiting Bailey are crazy. I just hope it's too late in the game for him to be flipped.

I really hope that Pruitt & Chaney take this QB situation to heart though moving forward. Makes a lot more sense to split reps with the 1s among two QBs, regardless if they are in a legit battle to be starter or not. If you're #1 is "the guy" then he doesn't need all the reps, and you need to have a backup that's got some familiarity with the starters in case of an injury.

I think they probably were telling the truth that he was not ready. True freshman, learning an offense and acclimating to college. Not crazy to think maybe they were right and week 1 or 2 may have looked markedly different than his last game. Which I might add was still an asswhoopin

Reactions: OrangenSC
That's still dumb though, because Maurer (and Shrout) would have been in a QB battle with Bailey next year regardless of who starts this year. Why would we not start a good QB because we're afraid he'll look too good?! Madness!

Edit: Also, Guarantano will still be a Senior next year, so that is another wrinkle.
Hopefully at Rutgers with CBJ so we can save $$$ haha

Hopefully he wins. Butch was close to getting there. He had the right idea on some things. He sold the program and university very well early on.

True. He made some bad moves early on, too like getting rid of some coaches he shouldn't have. But he did some other things very well. Salesman that just couldn't get out of his own head.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
So many things I said before the season have become reality. We didn’t fire Snit, we didn’t replace Markakis with a quality bat, and we didn’t go and get a catcher. Instead we resigned Markakis and went and got washed McCann bc he loves the Braves. Oh, and Snit has costed us at least 2 games with his decisions in this series

Should have spent the money on Realmuto.

You're old fashion.
Let him build his confidence. There is nothing wrong with him taking 2 seconds out of his morning to post a video. Who said he isn't working? Maybe he is in class and just wanted to post it.

Agree or disagree, but when JG was doing basically the same thing preseason or early in the season he was crucified by some. Funny how a change of names makes such a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back