Last sliver of a chance for a bowl this weekend

sJ61gmw_d.jpg

Oh wow it's the fandom police going around telling everyone how they should act:rolleyes: You know where you can put that command,Vol4gruden:mad:
If you think you’re man enough boy, come do it. You’re not a true fan. Plain and simple and anyone that defends you or says things like you do, there are not fans either. I’m not the fandom police, I just call like I see it and have balls big enough to call you out on it. This team needs fans that believe in them, not what you spew out of your mouth. It’s important to the players to have the support from their fan base. That’s being in the stands, social media, or anywhere. They are hearing enough of it from ESPN and other analyst. They don’t need it from us.

Reactions: amorange
If Maurer plays at least as well as he did the other night and makes a reasonable progression throughout the year, I think sadly we probably end up with 4 maybe 5 wins which is a lot better than I thought a few weeks ago when I figured we didn't have a better QB on the roster than JG or he'd be starting. Since that was wrong, I think that raises us from 2 maybe 3 wins to the 4-5 referenced above.

MISS STATE- I think Moorhead is a bad coach and I am not convinced MSU is really very good at all this year, the problem is we aren't good either of course, but being at home, if we can score some points, we've got a chance to pull this out, maybe 3 in 10. I'm betting that we pull this one out.

@ALABAMA- At least it's late and the elderly and the very young won't have to see it. Those with heart conditions should avoid.

SOUTH CAROLINA- S. Carolina's record is not good, but they are not that bad a football team, particularly I think they are a good bit more stout than us their DL vs. our OL and their OL vs. our DL. Just a bad match up. It's home though, so we got a puncher's chance. 1-2 out of 10.

UAB- UAB has a pretty good team, we certainly can't overlook them, they will beat the hell out of us if we trot out a GSU or UF game effort. 2 out 3 chance we win.

@MISSOURI- I don't know what happened to them out at Wyoming, but Dooley will boatrace us again I fear. Puncher's chance if Maurer plays at least as well as he did the other night and progresses some, 1 out of 10.

@ KENTUCKY- They've got at least as many problems as we do, but it's on the road, 50/50.

VANDY- UGA beat them 30-6, they beat us 43-14. Vandy scored 30 something points on LSU, I'm not sure we could do that, but assuming Maurer performance/progression, this is another 50/50, maybe a little better than that but considering recent history, I'll leave it at 50/50. This is our Super Bowl this year.

So, assuming we take 2 out 3 of UK, Vandy, & UAB and pull an upset, best shot is this weekend I think, that would get us to 4 games, run those 3 and get the upset this weekend and that would be 5.

Last edited:
Yep win this weekend or it’s gonna get real tough keeping this thing together both on the field & recruiting.

Give me a break, we are all Volunteer brothers and sisters, everyone is justified to have their own opinion.
Do you even know what justified means? He has ZERO justification in his opinion. Justification is facts and knowledge, which he has none. You want to argue with that? We are not all Vol brothers and sisters. You can take that crap somewhere else. My Vol brothers and sisters lift up instead of tear down. They believe instead of put down. That’s true Vol fans or any fans for that matter. There is enough of that going around without it coming from Negavols.

Reactions: 1967vol
This Vol team won’t be playing in any bowl game, save for Devine intervention

If Maurer plays at least as well as he did the other night and makes a reasonable progression throughout the year, I think sadly we probably end up with 4 maybe 5 wins which is a lot better than I thought a few weeks ago when I figured we didn't have a better QB on the roster than JG or he'd be starting. Since that was wrong, I think that raises us from 2 maybe 3 wins to the 4-5 referenced above.

MISS STATE- I think Moorhead is a bad coach and I am not convinced MSU is really very good at all this year, the problem is we aren't good either of course, but being at home, if we can score some points, we've got a chance to pull this out, maybe 3 in 10. I'm betting that we pull this one out.

@ALABAMA- At least it's late and the elderly and the very young won't have to see it. Those with heart conditions should avoid.

SOUTH CAROLINA- S. Carolina's record is not good, but they are not that bad a football team, particularly I think they are a good bit more stout than us their DL vs. our OL and their OL vs. our DL. Just a bad match up. It's home though, so we got a puncher's chance. 1-2 out of 10.

UAB- UAB has a pretty good team, we certainly can't overlook them, they will beat the hell out of us if we trot out a GSU or UF game effort. 2 out 3 chance we win.

@MISSOURI- I don't know what happened to them out at Wyoming, but Dooley will boatrace us again I fear. Puncher's chance if Maurer plays at least as well as he did the other night and progresses some, 1 out of 10.

@ KENTUCKY- They've got at least as many problems as we do, but it's on the road, 50/50.

VANDY- UGA beat them 30-6, they beat us 43-14. Vandy scored 30 something points on LSU, I'm not sure we could do that, but assuming Maurer performance/progression, this is another 50/50, maybe a little better than that but considering recent history, I'll leave it at 50/50. This is our Super Bowl this year.

So, assuming we take 2 out 3 of UK, Vandy, & UAB and pull an upset, best shot is this weekend I think, that would get us to 4 games, run those 3 and get the upset this weekend and that would be 5.
This team sadly is probably looking at a 2-10 season at the very best

Reactions: 08Vol
IF we beat Miss State Saturday, we have a chance to maybe get to 6 wins (UAB, SC, KY, Vandy) but I think losing to Georgia State and Byu sealed our fate

Do you even know what justified means? He has ZERO justification in his opinion. Justification is facts and knowledge, which he has none. You want to argue with that? We are not all Vol brothers and sisters. You can take that crap somewhere else. My Vol brothers and sisters lift up instead of tear down. They believe instead of put down. That’s true Vol fans or any fans for that matter. There is enough of that going around without it coming from Negavols.
Like the ones that booed JG when he was put in the game? Is that how true vol fans lift up?

Very well said,...great post.

VN Store

Back