Tennessee is the only P5 team left without an FBS win.

That is the thing about statics. Sometimes they make no sense. I would venture to say Pruitt's wife knows more about football than Butch does.
Don't know anything at all about Pruitt's wife; however, she wouldn't need to know all that much to make your post accurate. Now with that said, maybe Pruitt could give her some kind of honorary coaching title, and get out to the practices ..couldn't hurt.

Reactions: Vol524
That was the point I was trying to make. Just hanging around Pruitt she would have to have picked up more football knowledge than Butch had. I can't believe a coach would tell the players they don't have to work out. Not to mention he told Trevor Lawrence he would not be a good fit for his program. SMH

Reactions: I40flyer
That was the point I was trying to make. Just hanging around Pruitt she would have to have picked up more football knowledge than Butch had. I can't believe a coach would tell the players they don't have to work out. Not to mention he told Trevor Lawrence he would not be a good fit for his program. SMH
I mean, im just looking at results.

Reactions: I40flyer and Vol524
815 wins in 115 years does not equate to 9 wins a year.
Correct, only 7. Before the abject failure of the past few years we were an 8-9 win program per year historically , and this is the TN I grew up with. The point of my whole post was to address the Johnny come latelys that want a coach fired if he doesn’t average double digit wins. The 90’s and early 2000’s were an aberration just as the last decade has been. I want us to get back to what we have been historically. Some people jump on everything and miss the bigger picture. Tn has not been and won’t ever be a consistent 11 win team. I still support and always will knowing that if we can get to a consistent competitive level then good breaks can propel us into a higher level occasionally. We are not at the level to get breaks or to be able to capItalize if we do.

Not at all, just replying to the post about averaging 9 wins a year historically. UT historical win % is .725, so whether a 9 game, 11 game or 13 game season 9 wins has never been the norm.

At a 73% win percentage that equates to 9 wins in a 13 game season

You might very well be the first poster on here to try to call me out for not posting, and then try to play the victim; congrats everyone should be first at something.
giphy.gif

At a 73% win percentage that equates to 9 wins in a 13 game season
About 9.5, so the over under every year is 9.5. Fair enough. Big Mountain to climb when UT will always play Bama, UGA, UF, plus the occasional strong Socar or Mizou and occasionally LSU, AU, TAMU and then a strong OoC opponent like OU or ND or others, plus a bowl.

VN Store

Back