Sad Stat on Florida Games

All you guys that didn't want Meatloaf.....err....Mullen, raise your hand! hahahaha....Y'all be knowin' everything. I'm not a "Fire Pruitt" guy (yet), but if you didn't think Mullen could coach from what he did at Miss State, then I can't help you. Not that we had a chance once the FLA job came available....

I did the math, because I am that kind of sadist...LOL

Pruitt's teams have lost by more points to Florida in 2 years than all of Butch's and Derek's teams combined in 8 years. Dont let that ruin your week tho...LOL

2019 -31
2018 -26
TOTAL -57

2017 -6
2016 +10
2015 -1
2014 -1
2013 -14
2012 -17
2011 -10
2010 -14
TOTAL -53

What a kick to the balls. Thanks op. Unfortunately it does illustrate how far we’ve fallen. Part of it was butch and part of it has been Pruitt. Pruitt hasn’t been that great in recruiting. I know he just had a short amount of time to secure a class in his first class. The second (his first full cycle) had a few good players but overall didn’t address a lot of our needs. The class had good offensive lineman and linebackers. But it’s surprising how few dlineman we’ve brought in recently. It seems like we should have made that a top priority. Transfers and juco guys need to be at the top of the list. We did get Middleton and Solomon. But we need wayyyyy more. This class is shaping up to be the worst I can ever remember. Not trying to be Debby downer but it really is. We’re hovering just outside the top 25. I can’t ever remember our class not being ranked in the top 25 part way through the season. And we lost the best dlineman we had committed.
Unfortunately, at this point the recruiting is likely to continue to go downhill. In recent years we were able to sell that we were on the verge of being relevant and they could be a part of that. But with the loss to ga state to start the year and huge blowouts to Florida and Georgia...I don’t know how the staff can sell that to recruits. The hard reality is fulmer totally whiffed a first time ever head coach. We need a miracle to get the program back on top. We need a superstar coach that can win with marginal talent. That’s what it’ll take to start consistently getting top recruits back on campus.

Majors coached that game didn't he? Fulmer didn't take over til later in the year.
No, Fulmer coached the first 3 games including Georgia and #4 ranked Florida. He also coached the bowl game. Part of what got Majors fired, Fulmer had them 3-0, then Majors came back won a cupcake then LSU and lost 3 in a row. Although Fulmer lost plenty to Florida, his record against them isn’t really that bad, when you consider how good they were over that time period.

Well I don't think some folks would consider all those losses to have the same value. Playing a team close and getting the doors blown off might both result in an "L" but they don't mean the same thing. How many people would have been excited if UT had lost to Georgia by 1 point Saturday?
Hell, some folks are downright giddy that we lost 43-14. Very exciting.

You seem to have invented an entirely new form of statistics based on time of occurrence rather than percentage. I'll offer up a name for it: b.s.
how so? All four coaches I mentioned all lost their first 22 games against Flordia. You can't compare one coach to another based on metrics they 'have yet. Its not BS, that my friend is fact. Using your logic, Fulmer and Jones are one the same level. Jones had a 20% win record and Fulmer had a 25% (29% counting the win in 92) win record. But if it makes you feel better shape reality any way you want.

Last edited:
No, Fulmer coached the first 3 games including Georgia and #4 ranked Florida. He also coached the bowl game. Part of what got Majors fired, Fulmer had them 3-0, then Majors came back won a cupcake then LSU and lost 3 in a row. Although Fulmer lost plenty to Florida, his record against them isn’t really that bad, when you consider how good they were over that time period.

Ahhhh thanks for the clarification. I thought it was the other way around. Agreed on the Fulmer performance which is why I included him in the comparison. None of the current coaches are on his level. But that kinda throws off the argument that he didnt win his first game against Florida until later.

Again, thank you for the correction.

Pruitt's teams have lost by more points to Florida in 2 years than all of Butch's and Derek's teams combined in 8 years. Dont let that ruin your week tho...LOL

2019 -31
2018 -26
TOTAL -57

2017 -6
2016 +10
2015 -1
2014 -1
2013 -14
2012 -17
2011 -10
2010 -14
TOTAL -53
But if you apply common core, Pruitt is actually 2-0 versus the gators.
😉
GBO!!

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat

2019 -31
2018 -26
TOTAL -57

2017 -6
2016 +10
2015 -1
2014 -1
2013 -14
2012 -17
2011 -10
2010 -14
TOTAL -53

program and team in much different shape when he took over. Butch ran it into the ground. He ruined the culture of the program

I wasn't making an argument. I was actually pointing out a flaw in the OP's post and making light of it. But since you seem to think I have an argument, I will make one using statistics and facts.

Dooley was 0-3. That's 3 losses in 3 tries.
Jones was 1-4. That's 4 losses in 5 tries. Jones didn't win until his 4th attempt.

Pruitt is 0-2 at this point. That's 2 losses in 2 tries.

He still has another year before your can compare his record of performance against either coach when considering the record against Florida. At this time and through next year, Pruitt can only be AS bad as the other two

Here's an example of statistics: In the years of Fulmer, he went 4-12 and didn't win his first game against Florida until his 6th game.
Based on your logic... Looking at the teams records, Fulmer is worse than Pruitt, Jones and Dooley. Ponder that for a moment.
In Phil's first 6 years he wasn't losing to Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, Georgia and Bama on a regular basis either.

Well I don't think some folks would consider all those losses to have the same value. Playing a team close and getting the doors blown off might both result in an "L" but they don't mean the same thing. How many people would have been excited if UT had lost to Georgia by 1 point Saturday?
What is should remind fans of is the fact that Butch didn't recruit very well his last year here, leaving a terrible lack of depth and under developed talent in many key positions. This won't be a quick fix.

For reference...

So what's the excuse from the Fulmer defenders who's combined loss total in 2007 and 2008 to Florida was 63 points? 59-20 and 30-6. That's his roster without multiple head coach turnover.

And we're told he was "righting the ship."

Last edited:
In Phil's first 6 years he wasn't losing to Kentucky, Vandy, South Carolina, Georgia and Bama on a regular basis either.
Thanks for your input but that is off topic and irrelevant to either point that was made.

That said, I am not saying it isn't a valid point. Butch and Dooley don't have the greatest track record against those team's either.

What is should remind fans of is the fact that Butch didn't recruit very well his last year here, leaving a terrible lack of depth and under developed talent in many key positions. This won't be a quick fix.

The exact same thing was true when Butch took over from Dooley wasn't it?

Ahhhh thanks for the clarification. I thought it was the other way around. Agreed on the Fulmer performance which is why I included him in the comparison. None of the current coaches are on his level. But that kinda throws off the argument that he didnt win his first game against Florida until later.

Again, thank you for the correction.
No problem, I wasn’t trying to be a smart aleck, but a lot of people forget he won that year against Florida and beat them pretty bad.

Not that anyone is going to want to admit this but the disparity has a lot to do with UF getting better, not just UT sliding a bit.

For reference...

So what's the excuse from the Fulmer defenders who's combined loss total in 2007 and 2008 to Florida was 63 points? 59-20 and 30-6. That's his roster without multiple head coach turnover.

And we're told he was "righting the ship."
Well to be fair, those Florida teams were number 3 and 4 those years, and we still won ten games in 07. We shouldn’t have gotten beat as bad as we did, but the Florida teams from the last 10 years have not approached being as good as those were and there still whipping us, 3 more head coaches later.

how so? All four coaches I mentioned all lost their first 22 games against Flordia. You can't compare one coach to another based on metrics they 'have yet. Its not BS, that my friend is fact. Using your logic, Fulmer and Jones are one the same level. Jones had a 20% win record and Fulmer had a 25% (29% counting the win in 92) win record. But if it makes you feel better shape reality any way you want.
You were comparing coaches based on how many tries it took them to beat UF, as opposed to how many times they actually accomplished said feat. Beyond that, comparing coaches based on just one opponent rather than how they did against all opponents is textbook cherry-picking and gives your argument zero credibility.

Thanks for your input but that is off topic and irrelevant to either point that was made.

That said, I am not saying it isn't a valid point. Butch and Dooley don't have the greatest track record against those team's either.
How is that off topic and irrelevant? It also wasn't a knock on just Pruitt so calm down. I've mentioned before how Bama has owned us since Saban has been there and how Muschamp is 7-0 against us as a head coach. And how Georgia went 8-2 against us.

Phil did win games when he was here. Especially when it came to the 90s. The only team he has trouble beating during that era was Florida. Not every other SEC program and Florida like our past 3 head coaches.

2019 -31
2018 -26
TOTAL -57

2017 -6
2016 +10
2015 -1
2014 -1
2013 -14
2012 -17
2011 -10
2010 -14
TOTAL -53

No it's not going to ruin my week.
Facts are facts.

And your opinion is still trash.

You were so sure Brian Maurer would throw 4 picks by halftime against UGA.

WTF are you even here?

VN Store

Back