How long would it take to clean up JG's Tells?

VolTexas

He is pretty good out of a three step drop where he has no chance to tell the defense where he is going to throw the ball.

People say it is mental, but maybe if he were told to throw no look passes he would miraculously get better?

He is pretty good out of a three step drop where he has no chance to tell the defense where he is going to throw the ball.

People say it is mental, but maybe if he were told to throw no look passes he would miraculously get better?

no

Reactions: KSVOL
JG has an issue with seeing the field. He cannot find open receivers and when he makes the right read he cannot get the ball to the WR half the time. He also has these WTF throws where you can watch it back and have no idea wtf the kid was thinking. I have no idea what has happened to him but something made him regress heavily since last year.

JG has an issue with seeing the field. He cannot find open receivers and when he makes the right read he cannot get the ball to the WR half the time. He also has these WTF throws where you can watch it back and have no idea wtf the kid was thinking. I have no idea what has happened to him but something made him regress heavily since last year.
He has took an absolute beating for 2 yrs. that kid is tough. Not a good qb but man at the hits he’s had put on him.

Now this sounds like a great plan, Rutgers should try it!

Reactions: tbh

One can only throw the 'no look pass' until after they have mastered the 'look and stare a long time pass' . JG has not achieved oneness with the Force.
'

Reactions: bigdaddyh

Remember last season when they would run , run , pass - usually short ...and a large portion of the fan base said 'we gotta open up the passing game ' ?? Most people thought JG was okay that it was the play calling and offensive line ? Well...they opened up the offense and the play calling is not bad this season.

Last year he was protected and baby walked by the staff getting plays from the sideline and given single read executables. This year they have asked him the play QB position. It is beyond his skill set

What in the hell are you talking about? JG can't play dead in a western!

I am curious to know how, according to Pruitt jg is going to help Maurer in helping him on the sidelines. Jg can't read a defense, so how is he going to help him in this way.

Reactions: savannahfan

This seems like a bad idea for a QB under pressure.
Magic-Johnson-No-Look-Pass.gif

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
The only thing I can think of that is different is that he has more time to throw the ball.

I don't think it is regression, last year he took a ton of sacks and partly because of poor OL play and also he holds the ball too long. Just like we have seen of him this year, it screws with the timing of everything, so we saw his indecisiveness this year where as last year he was already laying on the ground.

One of the things I've noticed about JG is that I can't remember ever being tricked by a handoff. There is just no stealth or deception that I see with other quarterbacks that leave me following the wrong man. I think that could be a valuable skill.

To answer the op, i dont know how to "clean up" a stuggling/bad QB. Wish i did, I'd be making millions. Now about no look passes, I'm no expert but I'll tell you right that's a horrible idea. Look off the defense, but look at where you want to throw. My 2 cents

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Maybe the hits he has taken has given him concussions. He could be suffering from post-concussion syndrome.???

VN Store

Back