End of Season QB Transfer?

Yeah that's not going to happen. You- like many- still don't understand what we have in Maurer. Just looking at recruiting rankings...

Bailey is not going to sit for 3 years.
Also, you keep forgetting the loyalty factor with Pruitt. Not to mention the teams loves Maurer.

Bailey is already far behind without even taking any 2nd team reps.
lol. We shall see.

Reactions: LittleVol
As a 2-year starter and Junior getting bumped for a freshman, JG's options are limited. He has no football career after college and would likely need to go to D-II for any chance as a starter.

He should stick it out as backup
I think JG transfers to Rutgers where his dad played. He would be a starter there...imo

As a 2-year starter and Junior getting bumped for a freshman, JG's options are limited. He has no football career after college and would likely need to go to D-II for any chance as a starter.

He should stick it out as backup
Might go FCS, but would never go D2.

Yeah that's not going to happen. You- like many- still don't understand what we have in Maurer. Just looking at recruiting rankings...

Bailey is not going to sit for 3 years.
Also, you keep forgetting the loyalty factor with Pruitt. Not to mention the teams loves Maurer.

Bailey is already far behind without even taking any 2nd team reps.

You seem to know a lot , or at least you think you do.
Tua went to Bama, and beat out Hurts, Lawerence went to Clemson and beat out Bryant, From went to Georgia and beat out Eason.
I wouldn’t be so positive that a much higher rated and sought after QB is going to run from the QB that came in before him, in fact I would
Say you are dead wrong

Reactions: dd4vols
Tua went to Bama, and beat out Hurts, Lawerence went to Clemson and beat out Bryant, From went to Georgia and beat out Eason.
I wouldn’t be so positive that a much higher rated and sought after QB is going to run from the QB that came in before him, in fact I would
Say you are dead wrong
He hasn’t been wrong yet. In fact his prediction has become quite impressive to this point tbh.

You left out one HUGE fact in the examples you provided though...... Tua was more talented than Hurts. Lawrence was more talented than Bryant and Fromm was more talented than Eason. That’s not the case here between BM and HB.

Reactions: LittleVol
I’m still waiting on an answer from ANYONE as to what HB is better than BM at. Don’t understand the obsession with some of you.
I don’t know why anyone would think a #3/128 Ranked
And has offers from more big time programs might be better than a #19/482 ranked player, it’s insane!!!!

butt I’m not as sure Bailey comes in and takes the starting job as you are he won’t. I wouldn’t be surprised though

Reactions: YankeeVol
He hasn’t been wrong yet. In fact his prediction has become quite impressive to this point tbh.

You left out one HUGE fact in the examples you provided though...... Tua was more talented than Hurts. Lawrence was more talented than Bryant and Fromm was more talented than Eason. That’s not the case here between BM and HB.
How much you make consulting for , Dabo, Kirby, and Saban. I know their secret to success now. Bailey has most of the experts fooled but not you!!😃
Why don’t you help UT out and lay some of your Knowledge on them?

Does anyone other than myself think that they should play Shrout in a game to see what he offers in actual play before he up and transfers. Using practice as the only measure of a player's talent may not be all that wise.

Say you are dead wrong

If he actually comes here. It would be an excellent QB battle. That HB may very well win.

But he won't even sign with us, after what Maurer is about to do the rest of this season .

I don’t know why anyone would think a #3/128 Ranked
And has offers from more big time programs might be better than a #19/482 ranked player, it’s insane!!!!

butt I’m not as sure Bailey comes in and takes the starting job as you are he won’t. I wouldn’t be surprised though
#3 in HIS class. 2019 was said to be a weak class of qb BUT look at what the 2019 class is doing throughout college football. They are making fools of anyone (including the services) that’s ever said it to be weak. So if BM was ranked 12 (actually) in 2019, has a stronger arm, just as accurate, more elusive, running a 4.5, and put up numbers that dwarf #3 in 2020 with not NEARLY the weapons...... what’s that say?

How much you make consulting for , Dabo, Kirby, and Saban. I know their secret to success now. Bailey has most of the experts fooled but not you!!😃
Why don’t you help UT out and lay some of your Knowledge on them?
Just for the record......... I haven’t been wrong yet either. Take it for what it’s worth.

#3 in HIS class. 2019 was said to be a weak class of qb BUT look at what the 2019 class is doing throughout college football. They are making fools of anyone (including the services) that’s ever said it to be weak. So if BM was ranked 12 (actually) in 2019, has a stronger arm, just as accurate, more elusive, running a 4.5, and put up numbers that dwarf #3 in 2020 with not NEARLY the weapons...... what’s that say?[/QUOTE]
What’s the competition level? Not the same I guess,
And by not nearly the weapons I assume you mean no running game , which would imply they had to put the game in his hands.
And by the way if he threw for 4,000 yards somebody was catching some balls so , no Weapons??

Just for the record......... I haven’t been wrong yet either. Take it for what it’s worth.
I’m sure you haven’t 🤣🤣.
Somebody please tell HB to not bother coming here because little vol and 1vol8 have never been wrong and they say he would be wasting his time.

I’m sure you haven’t 🤣🤣.
Somebody please tell HB to not bother coming here because little vol and 1vol8 have never been wrong and they say he would be wasting his time.

I've REPEATEDLY said I hope Bailey comes to UT. IOW...I hope I'm wrong about him.

“Not nearly” the weapons doesn’t mean “no” weapons. All of his receivers went D2. No one else went on to college. Competition level looks to be about the same if you ask me given Marietta just faced a team from BMs division just this past Friday night. They gave Marietta all they could handle ranked 71. That “weak competition” argument now holds no weight. Florida HS football as a whole is more competitive than any other state in the nation.

I’m sure you haven’t 🤣🤣.
And I never said he wasn’t good. Never said he shouldn’t come. Never said he would be a waste of time. What I HAVE said is he’s too good to sit. But so is BM. I don’t see us keeping both. It wouldn’t be “running” if he didn’t come here. It would be an educated decision if BM runs away with the job.

Reactions: cgrish
I think people are greatly overestimating the odds that Shrout transfers. His demeanor is more similar to someone like Kyle Trask; he's willing to be the backup and stick it out. He had many opportunities to transfer in high school, but decided to stay as the backup QB until his Senior year.

I'm not even 100% sure JG transfers.

Jg will transfer, unless he is offered some type of job in some capacity on Pruitt's staff.

Say you are dead wrong

Fromm did not beat out Eason, He only came into the game when Eason got hurt. Had it not been for injury he wouldn't have started until Eason left. But correct on the other two.

I’m still waiting on an answer from ANYONE as to what HB is better than BM at. Don’t understand the obsession with some of you.
Why is a PREFERENCE an “obsession” if it doesn’t happen to be yours?

And I never said he wasn’t good. Never said he shouldn’t come. Never said he would be a waste of time. What I HAVE said is he’s too good to sit. But so is BM. I don’t see us keeping both. It wouldn’t be “running” if he didn’t come here. It would be an educated decision if BM runs away with the job.
If Bailey were to redshirt then Maurer would be in his third season before any decisions would have to be made. If Maurer’s as good as you and Little keep selling then declaring for the draft becomes a possibility. Bailey seems the type to feel confident in making your boy sit, but it could be a matter of a year.

I wasn’t referring to only him. The kid just went out and put an egg on the faces of everyone that doubted him and yet after throwing for over 250 yards on arguably the best defense in college football he’s still “below” HB? I just don’t get.

VN Store

Back