Sad Stat on Florida Games

I did the math, because I am that kind of sadist...LOL

Pruitt's teams have lost by more points to Florida in 2 years than all of Butch's and Derek's teams combined in 8 years. Dont let that ruin your week tho...LOL

2019 -31
2018 -26
TOTAL -57

2017 -6
2016 +10
2015 -1
2014 -1
2013 -14
2012 -17
2011 -10
2010 -14
TOTAL -53

Mullen> Urban last year, Chump, Mac

I wasn't making an argument. I was actually pointing out a flaw in the OP's post and making light of it. But since you seem to think I have an argument, I will make one using statistics and facts.

Dooley was 0-3. That's 3 losses in 3 tries.
Jones was 1-4. That's 4 losses in 5 tries. Jones didn't win until his 4th attempt.

Pruitt is 0-2 at this point. That's 2 losses in 2 tries.

He still has another year before your can compare his record of performance against either coach when considering the record against Florida. At this time and through next year, Pruitt can only be AS bad as the other two

Here's an example of statistics: In the years of Fulmer, he went 4-12 and didn't win his first game against Florida until his 6th game.
Based on your logic... Looking at the teams records, Fulmer is worse than Pruitt, Jones and Dooley. Ponder that for a moment.

Look

When you posted yours, you made a claim. That claim becomes your argument.

The poster had the “claim” of losses to Florida and a the number of games in comparison.

Your reply had a claim of losses with with a value of L.......but did not include the comparison of games.

2 L’s out of 2 possible
Isn’t much of an argument, say vs 1 W with 4 L’s out of 5 possible

Neither is good, but it simply does nothing to the OP’s original argument.....or claim.

2 L’s out of 2 = 0%
1 w out of 5 = 20%

Given your example are we allowed to compare jp first 2 years with butch and dooley first 2 years, or first 17 games etc? Or do we just blame all their first two years on the players the inherited?

Not saying that at all. The OP posted a post based on statistics to show how bad Pruitt is. I was actually making light of the post. I just don't know how to use the blue font.

However, when you look at it, none of the coaches have had success against Florida. And when you look at the time frame, no coach since 1992 beat Florida until at least their fourth game and that Butch. That said we still lost and we have to wait til next year to see if that trend changes.

Pruitt needs to pick his game up and do so quickly. The team is showing improvement in general since game one, but not enough.

My personal hope is that it is truly a depth issue and partly aptitude to run the plays asked of them. Many of the guys appear to be lost on defensive assignments. Others have excelled and done well, but you need the whole team to do the right thing. You also have to realize the recruiting pitch he is hopefully making regarding playing time for new recruits.

Pruitt's teams have lost by more points to Florida in 2 years than all of Butch's and Derek's teams combined in 8 years. Dont let that ruin your week tho...LOL

2019 -31
2018 -26
TOTAL -57

2017 -6
2016 +10
2015 -1
2014 -1
2013 -14
2012 -17
2011 -10
2010 -14
TOTAL -53

I’m just here to say that whoever put that bag over the head of Neyland’s statue in your avatar needs to be punched in the neck. Hope it wasn’t you.

Wasnt Florida having some of their worst seasons in recent history when CBJ was here? That does not appear to be the case now.

Look

The poster had the “claim” of losses to Florida and a the number of games in comparison.

Your reply had a claim of losses with with a value of L.......but did not include the comparison of games.

2 L’s out of 2 possible

Neither is good, but it simply does nothing to the OP’s original argument.....or claim.

2 L’s out of 2 = 0%
1 w out of 5 = 20%

You realize you cannot make that argument. SMH I even gave you the facts that NO COACH since as early as 93 won in their first two years. You need to compare apples to apples. Right now they are all the same.

Wasnt Florida having some of their worst seasons in recent history when CBJ was here? That does not appear to be the case now.
I think so

Butch did have some terrible luck though. Like the last minute play to the TE for the TD. It literally looked like the hand of god swept our 3 defenders out of the way.

Not that it matters, but he actually won his first game against Florida. In 1992, we beat them in a upset when they were highly ranked, of course he was interim, but those games are in his overall record I believe.

Majors coached that game didn't he? Fulmer didn't take over til later in the year.

2019 -31
2018 -26
TOTAL -57

2017 -6
2016 +10
2015 -1
2014 -1
2013 -14
2012 -17
2011 -10
2010 -14
TOTAL -53
I won’t!
Butch had 2 teams that should of won the east, he didn’t!!
When those players that were good enough to carry his sorry a$$ left, he was so bad that he got fired mid season and left what was about the worst in a hundred years of football at UT for Pruitt to try to fix.
And I will add those UF teams he lost to were bad and coached by a stooge almost as bad as him.
So don’t let that ruin your day

1. Dan Mullen is the coach now.

2. I support this

3. Against the SEC under Mullen, +57 vs Tennessee, -3 vs the rest of the league

Last edited:
MWA doin' work ... :eek:
raw

The thing that makes it sad and I said it in my prediction thread, it’s just not a team built to blow someone out. It just isnt

Thanks for sharing this very necessary info. Just looking at the first page alone you managed stoke the flames of the anti-Pruitt circle jerk legion.

slanted a bit by the Jones 10 point win, but there you go, a lot of people on here won't even give him credit for that. It was quite an achievement, considering.

That aside, it does matter, but at the end of the day I could give a flying f--- about margin of victory. A W is a W and an L is an L

Look

2 L’s out of 2 possible

2 L’s out of 2 = 0%
1 w out of 5 = 20%
Are you saying Pruitt gets 3 more years to win 1 out of 3 to match the 1 w out of 5? or no, not really?

The thing that makes it sad and I said it in my prediction thread, it’s just not a team built to blow someone out. It just isnt
You said it in your prediction thread? Really?The very one here on VN? OMG. I missed it.

tenor.gif

You realize you cannot make that argument. SMH I even gave you the facts that NO COACH since as early as 93 won in their first two years. You need to compare apples to apples. Right now they are all the same.

Lol I’m not disputing that.

My only claim is stating yours didn’t provide all the relevant information.

What the guy said was true. Yours was also true but you didn’t use all of the information that he stated. He was also saying 8 years vs 2.

If you simply want to say “there all losses” hey that’s fine. But that’s not arguing the fact some were still by a worse margins than others.

Are you saying Pruitt gets 3 more years to win 1 out of 3 to match the 1 w out of 5? or no, not really?

Unless things get even worse, I’m sure he will get more chances.

Nothing changes the fact those two losses under Pruitt were by a much worse margin. If he gets 3 more chances to try and gain more wins has yet to be seen.

But how can one argue the points margin by simply stating.....there losses regardless (basically)......that doesn’t help the case.

I wasn't making an argument. I was actually pointing out a flaw in the OP's post and making light of it. But since you seem to think I have an argument, I will make one using statistics and facts.

Dooley was 0-3. That's 3 losses in 3 tries.
Jones was 1-4. That's 4 losses in 5 tries. Jones didn't win until his 4th attempt.

Pruitt is 0-2 at this point. That's 2 losses in 2 tries.

He still has another year before your can compare his record of performance against either coach when considering the record against Florida. At this time and through next year, Pruitt can only be AS bad as the other two

Here's an example of statistics: In the years of Fulmer, he went 4-12 and didn't win his first game against Florida until his 6th game.
Based on your logic... Looking at the teams records, Fulmer is worse than Pruitt, Jones and Dooley. Ponder that for a moment.
You seem to have invented an entirely new form of statistics based on time of occurrence rather than percentage. I'll offer up a name for it: b.s.

Reactions: JoAllan
I avoided clicking on this thread because judging from the title, I just knew it was going to depress me.

But eventually my curiosity got the better of me. So I clicked on it and, darn it, I was right.

VN Store

Back