Took the time to think about Tenn: practicing the right way

6 games into second year and practices are being done right, just wait until the 5th year and he may have grown some hair

Reactions: I40flyer
As I look back at the way practices were with Butch Jones, and comparing Pruitt’s practices, I see it more complexed.
1. Butch had the music playing loud. Pruitt none.
2. Butch loved to have his players dancing around, Pruitt none.
3. Butch players got hurt a lot for some reason, Pruitt players not so much.
4. Butch hollowing on a megaphone, Pruitt no.

If there is anything that you can think of the differences, please help me out!
It's a Prucess

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
I am hoping that Pruitt is trying to implement a system that is geared toward the players he's recruiting. This will be similar to what teams like Alabama do, players come and go.... system remains the same....you lose coordinators every year, no problem...system is in place and you don't suffer an effect. If a player goes down to injury, his backup is on the same page to step in. We could probably of done things differently now for a short term gain of a couple wins with the players on roster now, but at some point you have to sacrifice today to set yourself up for long term success in the future! Yes, Butch was able to win a few more games, but we were NEVER going to be great under his coaching....I really believe in another year or two we will dominate the East and compete annually for SEC championships again!!!!!!!

Reactions: stephp4ut
Y'all are missing the point. Butch threw down the gauntlet, going 4-8, 0-8 in 2017, a new low in the history of Tennessee football.
gauntlet-thrown-down.jpg

How will Pruitt respond? We'll have to wait out the remainder of the season for the answer, BUT, for the 2019 Vols to win 4 or more, some victories will have to be against SEC opponents.

Reactions: I40flyer
Any positive from the past two years is Pruitt's doing, anything negative is the fault of our past coaches. That's how it works around here.

Until he gets fired, then they will say Pruitt was worse than Butch and they will begin to blame him for everything they defended him for.

Hey!!! I've got a new idea!!! Lets fire the whole dam- staff and replace them with NO-ONE!!!! Imagine a bunch of kids playing "backyard ball" at this level. No opponent would ever figure out a defensive game plan for a no tendency offense and would never have any idea what defense their offense was up against from play to play!!! AND top it all, who the hel- could we "hollor farum" all at.

Butch actually won games his second year, Pruitt not so much

Not looking good, but he still has 7 more shots at it. 6 legit ones.
Butch never lost to a team like Georgia State.

No but that UMass win was not allowed to be used in argument as a win. Its aight to now, because agenda and all that stuff.
Butch won 9 games and Pruitt never covers the spread
Fair, but Your boy Butch didn't win 9 until his third year. And it was 8 and a bowl. Say what you want and it will probably be true, except if you actually start reading the future. And no, Butch didn't lose any of the games this year, stupid to suggest. But its also stupid to argue that he had nothing to do with the mess we're in. I think he gets too much blame, but come on. Lol.

Funny the same people who continually rip Pruitt are the same people who said the only reason Butch was worth a damn is because of Dobbs and Hurd.

Lotta laughs up in here. Gonna be more laughs when this gets turned into me pumpin shine, swangin on Pruitt's sack and all the other crap, but they don't like facts unless it makes Pruitt look bad.

I need some clarification....we are saying that if Butch is responsible for the current state of things he’s also responsible for the two wins against ranked teams last year, right?

I’m just trying to stay on the same page. Which coach do we like today?

Hey!!! I've got a new idea!!! Lets fire the whole dam- staff and replace them with NO-ONE!!!! Imagine a bunch of kids playing "backyard ball" at this level. No opponent would ever figure out a defensive game plan for a no tendency offense and would never have any idea what defense their offense was up against from play to play!!! AND top it all, who the hel- could we "hollor farum" all at.
As crazy (and funnnneee) as that may sound, I don't see where it would give us a worse record for the this season than we have right now-in fact we may have actually beaten GS....just saying.

Coach Pruitt doesn't act like he's the be-all, end-all, and talk down to the fans like we are some kind of no-nothing hicks...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MISS ST!

As I look back at the way practices were with Butch Jones, and comparing Pruitt’s practices, I see it more complexed.
1. Butch had the music playing loud. Pruitt none.
2. Butch loved to have his players dancing around, Pruitt none.
3. Butch players got hurt a lot for some reason, Pruitt players not so much.
4. Butch hollowing on a megaphone, Pruitt no.

If there is anything that you can think of the differences, please help me out!

Fweet!!! (sound of a whistle). Penalty, misuse of the word complexed. Fweeet!!! Penalty, improper use of the word hollowing! Ten lashes.

Coach Pruitt doesn't act like he's the be-all, end-all, and talk down to the fans like we are some kind of no-nothing hicks...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MISS ST!

It's funny you would say that, because I recall him lecturing the fans like he was a disappointed parent when only 50,000 fans showed-up for his first spring game.

Pruitt's most glaring mistake was not preparing for Georgia State. He tried to use that game as a scrimmage to shuffle players in and out of every position. Any coach knows that the most important game to win, is the first game.

Reactions: 08Vol and Vol524
I need some clarification....we are saying that if Butch is responsible for the current state of things he’s also responsible for the two wins against ranked teams last year, right?

I’m just trying to stay on the same page. Which coach do we like today?
Of course you need clarification. Cincy said "Butch helped us get into this mess". "Helped". Didn't say he was solely responsible.

I don't make the rules, but I have no problem giving some credit for those 2 wins. He had some players on the teams that beat those two ranked teams, so yes, he gets some credit. That's just my personal opinion.

Now, I would assume you can agree that Cincy's statement is acceptable? That Butch did HELP get us in this mess?

Cracks me up how all of you blamed every thing under the sun on Butch, but now he's a damn Hero. Buncha Coach Butch worshippers.

Of course you need clarification. Cincy said "Butch helped us get into this mess". "Helped". Didn't say he was solely responsible.

I don't make the rules, but I have no problem giving some credit for those 2 wins. He had some players on the teams that beat those two ranked teams, so yes, he gets some credit. That's just my personal opinion.

Now, I would assume you can agree that Cincy's statement is acceptable? That Butch did HELP get us in this mess?

Cracks me up how all of you blamed every thing under the sun on Butch, but now he's a damn Hero. Buncha Coach Butch worshippers.
No...I agree wholeheartedly. Butch sucked out loud...at least as bad as the current regime. You’ve never heard me say otherwise. I just fail to see how he can receive the blame for where we are, and none of the credit for any “good” that may be seen.

I’m just trying to get on board with supportin’ coaches, and didn’t know which one to get on board with. I’m all good now.

Woo-hoo! Let’s do some coachin’!

VN Store

Back