We can beat Mississippi St.

Im with you....as in we have a legit chance...look at the spread...were only picked to lose by 6.5 by what weve done so far!? When you aren't sure...which i havent been with the vols in years. I look to the bookies but that said if we play the way we played GA...I think we win as we wont be getting beat down by that level of defense or offense for that matter.

Reactions: stephp4ut
This team is too inconsistent with way too many holes to start predicting wins. Hopefully it will be a competitive entertaining game. The QB will watch the film and see he was too quick to pass on the RPO in the 2nd half. He also did not fake the RPO well enough to hold the pass rush off. His progression from game 1 to game 2 will be fun to watch.

That thinks we could very well win this weekend? Maurer will only get better and more confident, he threw for 259 2/1 against one of the best defenses in the country so no reason to think we won’t be even better against MSU. Our D is suspect but MSU doesn’t scare me offensively. In fact, MSU doesn’t scare me that much period. They beat up on their cupcakes, lost to a pedestrian Kansas State, was unimpressive vs a bad Kentucky team, and absolutely got destroyed against Auburn. Tell me I’m crazy.
If that’s crazy who would wanna be sane?? GO VOLS! WGWTFA!!!

I think CJP has a game plan and once the opposing coach adjust and stops it, he has no idea what to do. For that, we wont score points. Gonna be a long season.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
That thinks we could very well win this weekend? Maurer will only get better and more confident, he threw for 259 2/1 against one of the best defenses in the country so no reason to think we won’t be even better against MSU. Our D is suspect but MSU doesn’t scare me offensively. In fact, MSU doesn’t scare me that much period. They beat up on their cupcakes, lost to a pedestrian Kansas State, was unimpressive vs a bad Kentucky team, and absolutely got destroyed against Auburn. Tell me I’m crazy.

With what we've witnessed from this team to date, I'll be pleasantly surprised by any victory they manage to pull off.

I think CJP has a game plan and once the opposing coach adjust and stops it, he has no idea what to do. For that, we wont score points. Gonna be a long season.
Could be. Or, it could be that they don't have the talent to shift strategies with the opponent. Pruitt has said they have made the plays as simple as they can. If they're that simple, it's probably easy for an opposing coach to adjust. Then it's a physical game as opposed to a mental one. And we be shallow in both regards. For now.

Reactions: I40flyer and Vol524
Could be. Or, it could be that they don't have the talent to shift strategies with the opponent. Pruitt has said they have made the plays as simple as they can. If they're that simple, it's probably easy for an opposing coach to adjust. Then it's a physical game as opposed to a mental one. And we be shallow in both regards. For now.
The talent excuse works for a few teams, but not the majority of the teams that wax us.
I just wonder how long folks with string out these excuses for him. Although I dont agree, I can at least see some validity to it right now.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
If MB isn't stillmhurting and can perform like he started out like against UGA, we should win this one. Just need to stop their run game.

Maurer gives us a chance. For me, the BIG problem, is size,depth, and experience. Just not sure we can hang in "4 quarters" with a team who has size and strength. To be honest, I've not watched much college ball on Saturdays. The vols have sucked the thrill of watching other games out of me. I say that, to say, I really don't know how big Miss St players are. Are they a young team or a seasoned team? I have no idea. For us to win, I'm thinking we're going to have to score several on them before half time, and hope to hold them off the second half. I don't know, JMO. GBO!

Noon games are always sleepy
Actually it’s been the second halves For our fans, players, and coaches it seems that are sleepy.
I’d love to see a great second half performance by all of them including some second teamers and our OC and DC halftime adjustments.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
My take is if we are behind, at all, at the start of the 2nd half, Mississippi will just muscle us down, by the 4th, they'll eat our lunch. We need to do what ever it takes to score quickly, and be even or up at the half-otherwise, we're looking at Number 5. Mississippi by 10. After the hit on Maurer, everyman on the MS D will be looking to deliver the knockout, another hit like that in the 1st Q-he'll be out for the game. It was a clean hit, and it was a Hit. TN -O-line better pull their heads out of it, or we are going to have a problem with the QB, and Maurer deserves better protection.

You’re not alone. Close game but we win.

BM’s performance was far better than expected. We have a QB! Georgia had no film on him, MSU now does, so he won’t surprise them, but so what? The kid can make some plays.

Avoiding turnovers and protecting BM are crucial. I’m still smarting over the blitz/fumble/6 play. The blitz was very readable but BM and Pope missed it.

D has to show up for 60 minutes. MSU will try to run all day long.

VN Store

Back