24) Gus Malzahn Auburn
25) Dana Holgorsen Houston
26) Steve Campbell South Alabama
27) Frank Wilson UTSA
28) Matt Luke Ole Miss
29) Scott Frost Nebraska
30) Mike Neu Ball State

Reactions: MAD
How many times do you have to read it???

CJP isn’t going anywhere!

Some people don’t understand patience at all! What kinda IQ do you need not to have wisdom enough to know it takes time and that it’s definitely going to be bumpy?

The world of fast paced, electronics, give it right now, and look what they’re doing isn’t going to make us win!! After 4 coaching changes you would think some of you would stop the brat agenda.

Some people don’t understand patience at all! What kinda IQ do you need not to have wisdom enough to know it takes time and that it’s definitely going to be bumpy?

The world of fast paced, electronics, give it right now, and look what they’re doing isn’t going to make us win!! After 4 coaching changes you would think some of you would stop the brat agenda.

Butch was given 5. If Pruitt is given 5 years and UT is continuing to barely break .500 for the season record, then what? The SEC is no place for "on the job training".

How is Charlie Strong only #20? No way he survives. Randy Edsall isn’t higher? UConn is awful. Fuente?

No way Brohm deserves to be on that list, half of Purdue’s roster in injured. Pat Fitzgerald should never be on that list either. He’s the best coach NW will ever have. Some of these rankings are real head scratchers.

Hopefully Jeremy Pruitt will be gone by November-December 2020

Reactions: Catbone
Hopefully Jeremy Pruitt will be gone by November-December 2020
Well I hope he’s not, because that just means we have lost more and more games and I don’t really have the stomach for another coaching search right now. Losing the way we have is embarrassing enough, but to fire another coach and then the possibility of getting turned down..again.... does not sit well with me.

Put it this way, I just feel that if we move away from Pruitt we better have a damn good plan in place and know exactly where we are going forward and with whom we are going forward with.

Butch was given 5. If Pruitt is given 5 years and UT is continuing to barely break .500 for the season record, then what? The SEC is no place for "on the job training".
Butch wasn't so much given 5 years as he earned 5 years. He inherited a 5-7 team and in year 3 went 8-4 (and was just a few plays away from 10-2/11-1). Had the program on an obvious upward trajectory. All the top guys off of that 2015 team were returning and he was recruiting on paper very well at that time. If Butch went 5-7 in year 3, he would have been fired.

I'm in a tough spot with Pruitt at the moment. While I think Pruitt has forgotten more about football than Butch ever will ever know, there is absolutely nothing to indicate at the moment that Pruitt's ceiling is higher than Butch's. In fact, there are many indications to the contrary. Butch went 8-4 in year 3; there is no way this team goes 8-4 next year. Pruitt is going nowhere after this year, even if we finish 1-11 (which I think we're going to). However, I don't think Pruitt will be given 5 years. I think he probably needs to make a bowl in 2020 to keep his job regardless of how this season turns out.

Well I hope he’s not, because that just means we have lost more and more games and I don’t really have the stomach for another coaching search right now. Losing the way we have is embarrassing enough, but to fire another coach and then the possibility of getting turned down..again.... does not sit well with me.

Put it this way, I just feel that if we move away from Pruitt we better have a damn good plan in place and know exactly where we are going forward and with whom we are going forward with.
UT fans better hope Pruitt figures it out, personal feelings aside.

Butch wasn't so much given 5 years as he earned 5 years. He inherited a 5-7 team and in year 3 went 8-4 (and was just a few plays away from 10-2/11-1). Had the program on an obvious upward trajectory. All the top guys off of that 2015 team were returning and he was recruiting on paper very well at that time. If Butch went 5-7 in year 3, he would have been fired.

I'm in a tough spot with Pruitt at the moment. While I think Pruitt has forgotten more about football than Butch ever will ever know, there is absolutely nothing to indicate at the moment that Pruitt's ceiling is higher than Butch's. In fact, there are many indications to the contrary. Butch went 8-4 in year 3; there is no way this team goes 8-4 next year. Pruitt is going nowhere after this year, even if we finish 1-11 (which I think we're going to). However, I don't think Pruitt will be given 5 years. I think he probably needs to make a bowl in 2020 to keep his job regardless of how this season turns out.

After seeing some kind of a pulse from the team against Georgia, I don't believe 1-11 will be the final results. I'm not into moral victories but, there was a bright spot last Saturday. Now how that translates on the field over the remaining games will be interesting.

I'm in agreement that Pruitt is here until 2021 regardless of this season's results. No one on the BOT is going to pony up 9.3 million for his structured buyout...so we're kinda stuck with him.
However, I believe that if the team improves slightly next year and makes a bowl, but is blown out by Georgia, Florida and Bama again, his seat will still be hot going into 2021.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

If we go 1-11, I think Pruitt will have to do more than just make a bowl to keep his job. I personally don't think we'll go 1-11 but if we do, the excitement for next year will already be dead. If in 2020 he merely goes 6-6 and eeks into a bowl game, I can still see him being let go if the fan outrage is loud enough; or even worse if the fan apathy is bad enough. Although if one of those 6 wins is UF, UGA, or Alabama that might be enough. But if it's 6-6 with the 6 being Charlotte, Troy, Furman, Arkansas, UK, and Vandy I'm not sure that excites people enough.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I feel your pain. Matt Rhule lost his first game as HC at Baylor to Liberty. Our local sunshine pumping homers gave us some crap excuses about Saban losing his first game as coach at Bama lol. Then Matt "Jersey" Rhule (he's actually from NY) promptly followed up that loss by losing to Texas-SA in route to a 1-11 season.

Rhule likes to spout off about turning down the Oregon job to come to Baylor. I still wish he had taken the Duck's job and that we had hired Dino Babers, Les Miles or Mack Brown instead...they all wanted the job.

Maybe Rhule will FINALLY get one of those NFL jobs he applies for every offseason or Penn St will take him off our hands. Hell, if Kingsbury can get an NFL gig so can Rhule.
Gotta eat crow here. Rhule has Baylor 5-0 and in the Top 25. He was just extended thru 2028.

Gotta eat crow here. Rhule has Baylor 5-0 and in the Top 25. He was just extended thru 2028.
It's stuff like this that chaps my ass. Baylor had one of the greatest scandals in college football history, they are atrocious for a year, and after that they keep moving on like nothing even happened. Penn St similar deal - gigantic scandal, former DC was a pedo, then the legendary coach has his legacy tarnished and dies, massive sanctions (that later got removed)...they did not even have a losing season and now are back being a relevant team again just a few years later.

Meanwhile, here's Tennessee 10+ years on, still hitting new lows because of admin incompetence. How the F does that happen?

Meanwhile, here's Tennessee 10+ years on, still hitting new lows because of admin incompetence. How the F does that happen?
espnapi_dm_140115_nfl_werder_browns_coach_search_wmain.jpg

which I guarantee we won't.

Here's the latest Coaches Hotseat List

1) Lovie Smith Illinois
2) Clay Helton USC
3) Chad Morris Arkansas
4) Chip Kelly UCLA
5) Joe Moorhead Mississippi State
6) Kalani Sitaki BYU
7) Willie Taggart FSU
8) Jeremy Pruitt Tennessee
9) Jimbo Fisher Texas A&M
10) Kirby Smart Georgia
11) Derek Mason Vanderbilt
12) Doug Martin New Mexico State
13) Randy Edsall UConn
14) Mike Bloomgren Rice
15) Bobby Wilder Old Dominion
16) Dana Dimel UTEP
17) Will Muschamp South Carolina
18) Philip Montgomery Tulsa
19) Justin Fuente Virginia Tech
20) Dana Holgorsen Houston
21) Pat Fitzgerald Northwestern
22) Steve Addazio Boston College
23) Gus Malzahn Auburn
24) Matt Luke Ole Miss
25) Scott Frost Nebraska
26) Steve Campbell South Alabama
27) Frank Wilson UTSA
28) Charlie Strong USF
29) Tony Sanchez UNLV
30) Manny Diaz Miami

Coaches Hot Seat 2019

Reactions: MAD
This list is funny at times.

Smart at 10 is absurd. Happy they lost, but his seat is not warm.
I used to check out that guy's site somewhat regularly until he put Saban somewhere in the top 30 after they lost to Clemson the first time in the title game. Then after they beat FSU to open the next season, he had him back down at the very bottom. He overreacts incredibly to a single game.

VN Store

Back