FL #7 AP and Coaches Poll

I40flyer

keeping it real
FL has moved up in the polls, not down as some have predicted would happen by this time in the season, I guess being Undefeated helps. I'm always glad to see SEC teams in the top 25-and to see them moving north.

FL has moved up in the polls, not down as some have predicted would happen by this time in the season, I guess being Undefeated helps. I'm always glad to see SEC teams in the top 25-and to see them moving north.

The shine comes off when LSU beats them by three TDs.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
OP you’re about to get blasted.

Luckily a mod will give you slight protection by moving this to the “Around the NCAA” forum

Weird, I typically want every other SEC team to lose. When two other SEC teams are playing I look for a sinkhole to form at midfield so both have to forfeit.

Reactions: joevol33 and hog88
Weird, I typically want every other SEC team to lose. When two other SEC teams are playing I look for a sinkhole to form at midfield so both have to forfeit.
The more SEC teams that are in the top 10 (even top25) the "more our brand is worth". The SEC must remain the Gold Standard, we've slipped a little over the years.

The more SEC teams that are in the top 10 (even top25) the "more our brand is worth". The SEC must remain the Gold Standard, we've slipped a little over the years.
Our brand sucks. It's only harder to get back to where it should be the stronger the SEC is.

I don't understand how anyone sees ANYTHING good about the SEC being so strong while we aren't even a worthy non power 5 school

Agree to disagree. Anything positive for another SEC team, does not benefit us.

I have a couple other teams SEC teams I like enough to pull for if there is a perceptible benefit for us, but it's rare.

Reactions: Charlie Kelly
Our brand sucks. It's only harder to get back to where it should be the stronger the SEC is.

I don't understand how anyone sees ANYTHING good about the SEC being so strong while we aren't even a worthy non power 5 school
I understand you point-and it's a good one. When TN is down, or out, my next choice is to pull for an SEC team, I believe being an SEC team is still worth something- and can be exploited in recruiting. And brings in TV revenue etc. It's a "Southern thing".

I don’t begrudge any Tennessee fan in 2019 for not giving a crap about the success of other SEC schools.

Totally understand.

It’s a Southern thing because as all the other teams hold their own, we continue to be the laughingstock of college football. It’s a Southern thing that other SEC schools rebuild (some numerous times) and we wallow in misery. Their success isn’t helping us at all. Look on the field. We’re getting NOTHING by the success of others.

It’s a Southern thing because as all the other teams hold their own, we continue to be the laughingstock of college football. It’s a Southern thing that other SEC schools rebuild (some numerous times) and we wallow in misery. Their success isn’t helping us at all. Look on the field. We’re getting NOTHING by the success of others.
Yep.

You're only in a position to benefit from the success of others if you're really good. For example, I actually think it'd be in Clemson's interest for the ACC to be stronger. Conference strength (or lack thereof) could be the difference between them getting into the CFP with one loss versus having to run the table. You see a little of that already - when they scuffle like they did against North Carolina, people all of a sudden start looking at their schedule and noticing more how in addition to some lackluster play, they also don't play anybody.

The facts are: every team in the SEC shares revenue derived from broadcast rights, last year the average payout was $41,000,000 per school. The over-all success of SEC teams, adds value to the conference, win or lose, TN derives a lot of money from being in a premier conference. Enough to hire anyone we want-and have a big pot left over...

Last edited:
I keep waiting for UF to be exposed but they keep winning. Might just be one of those seasons.

I keep waiting for UF to be exposed but they keep winning. Might just be one of those seasons.

Coach yaw yaw will change that this weekend. Florida has not had a true road test (Lexington doesn't qualify) this season. I doubt LSU makes the same mistakes Aubie did.

The facts are: every team in the SEC shares revenue derived from broadcast rights, last year the average payout was $41,000,000 per school. The over-all success of SEC teams, adds value to the conference, win or lose, TN derives a lot of money from being in a premier conference. Enough to hire anyone we want-and have a big pot left over...
Nobody mismanages money like UT.

Reactions: I40flyer

We could always leave and join Conference USA and not have worry about playing SEC schedule anymore.

Then why are we not coming up that high in the black?

We get the money, what the admin/AD does with it is another matter. I believe we are still paying boy butch millions a year, just as an example.
I don’t think you understand how much it costs in general

I don’t think you understand how much it costs in general
I Believe I do understand how much it costs, to include debt service, and to whom it is paid. My point is being part of the SEC brings UT $41,000,000. a year, in broadcast dollars. Not our only source of income, but just one revenue stream. This is why one reason why I'm high on the SEC, and as long as the SEC stays the premier conference this revenue should only increase. As per the discussion on the board.

VN Store

Back