We played decent for 1 quarter and that makes me feel

We showed some fight. We hung in well for almost 2 quarters. It’s a start at least
Hell yeah!! Reminds me of last years Auburn and Kentucky games,,,,,
So,,,, I guess we got 1 more good game in us this year??

My opinion?

Georgia had 37 guys play 25 snaps or more against Notre Dame. We lost 3 linebackers in the past two weeks.

Defensively, we didnt have depth to keep up.

Their offensive line is seriously the best in the country. Once Solomon went down, we had no one who could get any push.

Maurer had a fantastic game. Definitely cant blame him for that fumble, that was a ridiculous hit. However for a guy who was playing in high school a year ago to come out against the #3 team in the country and play with the gonads and toughness he did? My hat is off to him. The team respects him, and I would like to see us ride with him the rest of the season.

Defensively, I think the main issue is depth. But I think secondly, is we just dont have players with the Football IQ needed to be successful in JPs defense. Some obviously are. Henry T is gonna be a first rounder. But we heard from before he even signed how incredibly smart he was. I'm just not sure that our guys "get" the scheme. And I think Pruitt is trying to recruit guys who can get it. It is disappointing to see us not lined up right though.

Overall, I dont feel embarrassed. Yes, second half was worse. But I felt like that was what I expected with a team as deep as they are. You just cant expect to keep up. You cant send your WRs running 20-40 yard sprints for 60 snaps and expect them not to be tired.

We are going to get there. I feel encouraged. Georgia has a good team. A great team. They didn't make many mistakes.

But I feel like we found some things we can build on.

On to Mississippi State now.

It wasn’t the expected slaughter (‘Cept for the last 20 mins...

“Good-ish”...works

What bothers me, is Georgia went into halftime and made adjustments, we didn’t. And it showed in the second half
They have better players and more experience at this point. There are less adjustments available when you have a roster disadvantage. UGA's O scored 10 points in the 2nd half. UGA was able to throw stuff at Maurer and the O that they couldn't deal with at this point.

UT had a pretty good 25 minutes until giving up two scores with two minutes left in the 1st half. Maurer was not a factor again until 23-24 minutes into the second half, having gone 1-8 for no gain.

Subjectively, it's hard to imagine a 43-14 drubbing as our best effort of the season, but it was.
Losing still sucks just as bad, however.

Fortunately, we're all well-adjusted, securely tethered adults that don't live and die by the exploits of teenagers and barely adults, so this expected outcome doesn't fock up anyone's weekend, week, month or life. No familial black eyes, crying children or pets being kicked through a makeshift OLED goalpost, right?

It doesn't really matter where we should be at this point. We are where we are . Had we started with Maurer the first game, we are probably 3-2 right now and more competitive vs UF and UGa as well. Compared to what we looked like up to this point, I'm content to see us go toe to toe with no.3 with a loaded roster for most of the first half . We'll get there .

VN Store

Back