Pruitt dismisses Banks.

It’s done. He’s gone. Good, bad or indifferent...it’s over. Time to move on. That IS....ALL we can do.

Reactions: m1al
More absolute BS

If you make a decision that you believe to be right and cave because it is unpopular then you have no backbone and your moral compass is skewed.

So no it isnt the moral or ethical thing to do.

Nonsense. Reversing course simply because it may not be popular, is wrong.

Unless it's unpopular because you made the wrong decision, in spite of your certitude. Then you should have the integrity to reverse course.

Were you saying this bull sheet after the Auburn and Kentucky victories last year????
Those seem to be the outliers the flukes. At the time I thought that we might be turning the corner but we have regressed considerably. He should be showing Improvement this season not going backwards.

I would love to here some of these expert detectives, all knowing, trolls,
Football geniuses, and VN journalists
State their evidence on this case....
All ears......

Seriously?

"A silly statement?"

That's laughable. Dude was belligerent and at the doorstep of threatening cops. That's the dumbest dude ever. He should've been dumped immediately.

A silly statement is "hey man I got really effed up tonight." Or even "aww, po po done got me." Maybe even "do you know who I am and who I play for???"

Anyone that said what he said should be immediately kicked out school. The team should've never even factored in.

I know a lot of police
They deal with it so much they don’t even pay it any attention. 99% of the time it’s a loud mouth just talking making baseless statements because they want the street cred.

"I have made the decision to remove Jeremy Banks from our football program.

While I will continue to support Jeremy in the next steps in his life, information I recently received made it clear that this decision is in the best interest of the football program and the university."
Good move. This guy is hateful towards women. All players that share his views can go too!

That's the problem today, people like you expect schools to pay for a students driving infraction or speeding ticket, when I grew up and went to UT young kids and friends my age were going to fight and die in Vietnam and the others had to pay their own tickets........whats this world comming to?
Someone has to be responsible, don't they?

I'm sorry you as a fan don't understand the hows and whys of a winning program. You see REAL big time football does all this. Its why when Saban gets a call 2 players in a car with stolen guns and smoking marijuana it disappears. In the 90s at UT there were several Jeremy Banks. You got disciplined and counseling. This is a direct result of a losing culture and lack of leadership starting at the top in the AD ofc. No disrespect to veterans but we're not talking about that. We're discussing what happens in a winning football program. Last thing, who do you think post the players bail when they get arrested? LOL exactly I'll wait.

If you think this is a bad move then you hate cops

People can approve or disapprove of something and it doesn't indicate either a love or hate toward participants. I vigorously disapproved of my daughter's worst teenage behavior as well as that of callous, bullying, and gross misconduct of too many kids today. But I never hated my daughter nor kids. Exactly the opposite as a matter of fact. Despite it all, I think kids are amazing and smarter than adults in myriad ways. I disapprove of the white bread sold in stores as being too sugared, empty calories and overall unhealthy. But I don't hate those who buy it or the stores that sell it. Now, you on the other hand with your extremist mindset are loaded with hate of all kinds as can be clearly seen. Dig into your bigot bag and prove the blanket statement of your post. Oh, by the way, I originally felt JB deserved another chance until I saw that video. You just don't do that kind of thing, though n several levels I understand the why of his outburst. You just don't do that. You claim I hate cops, you just proved you hate for the sake of hating.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolEngineer
Hopefully, Pruitt has now designated some one on staff as the fixer who will take the 3 am calls and deal with this kind of stuff.

I know a lot of police
They deal with it so much they don’t even pay it any attention. 99% of the time it’s a loud mouth just talking making baseless statements because they want the street cred.

How anyone can watch just the first video alone and still try to defend him in any way is beyond me.

Coaching Thugs is not a new concept for Pruitt it’s coaching Thugs that don’t have a clue how to play football is what Pruitt is not familiar with!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Those seem to be the outliers the flukes. At the time I thought that we might be turning the corner but we have regressed considerably. He should be showing Improvement this season not going backwards.
Lost some big D linemen. The o line is better . New OC can make you take a step back . Bad QB play.

I'll just let this sit here while Jawga runs it up on the nice guys. No attitude no edge guys LOL

Wrong (in this context). The "attitude" should be in the form of skill and mind (learning how to line up properly / not jumping offside / blocking the men in front of you / hitting open TE's, etc) and the "attitude" should be exhibited ON THE FIELD (NOT in or of the type of these videos at sidewalk bar AND in back-seat of police cruiser).

1. It doesn't take "attitude" against women / female intern / Public Police Officers (i.e. the kind of "attitude" displayed in the videos), for SEC-caliber Players/Team to beat Georgia State -- THAT (disrespect for Authority and Women) is the WRONG attitude.

This team needs an "attitude" adjustment if they think the videos exhibited the type of "attitude" we need to be successful on the field (and I suspect / hope many of the players don't follow JB's example).

2. So far as we know, he/JB CAN have a 2nd chance -- on a different Team (Coach P has removed him from THIS team).

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I'm sorry you as a fan don't understand the hows and whys of a winning program. You see REAL big time football does all this. Its why when Saban gets a call 2 players in a car with stolen guns and smoking marijuana it disappears. In the 90s at UT there were several Jeremy Banks. You got disciplined and counseling. This is a direct result of a losing culture and lack of leadership starting at the top in the AD ofc. No disrespect to veterans but we're not talking about that. We're discussing what happens in a winning football program. Last thing, who do you think post the players bail when they get arrested? LOL exactly I'll wait.

In my mind your post is good argument for a losing football program.

VN Store

Back