Fire Pruitt [merged]

Should Jeremy Pruitt be fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Go pitch your 726 employees on the idea of firing Pruitt with his 9 million dollar buyout on top of Butch’s 8 million dollar buyout and then having a pool of mid major coaches to hire from and get back to me. You lucked into your “management position” if you think there is anything business smart short term and long term about firing Pruitt right now

If someone monumentally fails to do their job at a key day, event, or moment for my business, then it is the product of weeks and months of mismanagement and the resultant loss in customers will cost me far more than ridding myself of those responsible for the failure.

I cannot believe Fulmer would be as blissfully happy with incompetence as you are.

Not yet...CBJ worked his way into being fired with the 2017 season (no SEC wins). CJP still has 11 games left in his 2nd year. I was on the Hill in 1988 when Johnny Majors went 0-6 to start the season (wasn't fired). CPF with Peyton Manning as QB lost to Memphis in 1996. You have to see how the rest of the season plays out. I agree there is no excuse for losing to GA St, but losing one game (the first game) in his second season is not where you fire a coach (not to mention the buyout $). BYU, UT Chatt, UAB, South Carolina, Mizzou, Kentucky and Vandy are winnable games. Lets just wait and see what CJP and this staff can do the rest of the way before we bring out the axe. Remember, we had no business beating KY and Auburn last year and he did it...maybe he needs to go back to calling defense.

To sit there and claim this defeat as an accident or an anomaly is to ignore the facts as they appeared on the ground. We weren't defeated by accident or by chance. We were dominated. We were out-worked. We were out-conditioned by a substandard opponent.

Georgia State dominated our lines of scrimmage. Is there anyone left on this schedule outside of UTC who has less talent on the lines than Georgia State?

If you cannot defeat Georgia State in the trenches, then you quite frankly are not going to win many football games.

You are Jeremy Pruitt's Baghdad Bob, incapable of dealing in the reality of what went down Saturday.

I’m dealing with reality because there is no way he is getting fired after 1 game into his second season.

If someone monumentally fails to do their job at a key day, event, or moment for my business, then it is the product of weeks and months of mismanagement and the resultant loss in customers will cost me far more than ridding myself of those responsible for the failure.

I cannot believe Fulmer would be as blissfully happy with incompetence as you are.

Except it was wasn’t a “key day”.....

Here’s the thing I’ve noticed. A lot of you guys haven’t paid attention to Vol football this entire decade. We’ve flirted with near loss after near loss with these types of teams and all of the sudden, we finally lose one and everyone thinks the sky is falling.

You really haven’t paid attention to the program if you think what Pruitt walked into was going to be a quick turnaround. Tennessee had a Culture shift under Butch’s last 12-18 months here. And it’s clear by the number of younger guys that Pruitt is playing over Butch’s holdovers that the flushing that culture under Butch has a long way to go.

And also in terms of business, you never fire someone who comes into a sh!tyy job environment when they still don’t have an overwhelming majority of resources that they need in order to there job. And as of date, Pruitt doesn’t have his recruits and players making up the overwhelming majority of the roster.

Good luck convincing a coach to come here when you’re basically plastering it everywhere that any coach will be fired after 13 games if you aren’t happy.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Let’s just say he starts 1-5. I would be shocked if Phil don’t pull the plug on this experiment...
If and only if recruiting tanks.

If recruiting stays up and we continue to improve our recruiting class, no way Pruitt gets the can. He would definitely be in a win or get fired position in 2020 but The 2020 class will be the barometer for his likelihood to be fired this season

If and only if recruiting tanks.

If recruiting stays up and we continue to improve our recruiting class, no way Pruitt gets the can. He would definitely be in a win or get fired position in 2020 but The 2020 class will be the barometer for his likelihood to be fired this season
Recruits are watching this season. You as well as everybody KNOWS a horrendous start to this year and the class will start to decommit. It’s guaranteed. 1-5 or 1-6 I bet anything most of the recruits we got now ain’t sticking around they will leave and Pruitt is done...

Recruits are watching this season. You as well as everybody KNOWS a horrendous start to this year and the class will start to decommit. It’s guaranteed. 1-5 or 1-6 I bet anything most of the recruits we got now ain’t sticking around they will leave and Pruitt is done...

In this case I honestly have no idea what to expect.

Two things can be true- Pruitt could wind up being over his head AND he could also be dealing with a toxic culture with a significant chunk of the roster that are kids he didn’t recruit.

With that said, he has one of better staffs, recruiting wise, in the country. If they are able to keep and grow the current class, that should say something.

I’ve always thought that following Butch, the coach regardless of who was hired should be judged fairly with “lofty expectations” in year 3 when the overwhelming majority of the roster will be his guys.

Because if we have a bad season this year but the current class stays committed, that speaks volumes off the field than what’s happening on the field.

About a million miles.

Wish I could do a thumbs down on this comment. We’re closer than you’d think. I couldn’t ha e imagined that we’d even be discussing it in year two but this the worst culmination of coaching blunders I’ve ever seen. And it’s just so obvious he isn’t cut out for this.

Reactions: PSYVOL
Yeah, this goes beyond talent, first game jitters, or coming out flat. There is a fundamental problem with how Pruitt is running this program. SOMETHING is not right for our players to not respond better than this.

Maybe the team didn't like that jg was the starting qb and they knew Maurer was better. I did notice a very noticable difference in the teams intensity when Maurer was put into the game at Fla. They played with much more emotion.

Old school football doesn't win anymore

I totally agree. You might win 7 or 8 games, but college football has changed. Look at how Saban changed at Bama. They don't play the same offensive sheme as they used to. In todays college football to be a contender for sec champs as well as nc, you need a true duel threat qb, who can pass just as well as they can run. Look at the top teams and you will see this. You can't win with smash mouth run football anymore, you have got to have a balanced attack, with actually more passing than running. Clemson is not passing as much this year as last year thus they are having trouble with just decent teams. I recall one game recently they only passed 17 times. If Clemson is going to compete nationally again they have to play the same offensive scheme as in the nc game.

VN Store

Back