'20 TN DL Marcus Henderson

Nobody ever talks about him. not VQ, 247.. they didn’t even mention him on the RTI podcast with VR2. His recruitment has been about as silent as you can get. He seems to be friends with most of the other in state crop tho, especially the Knox Catholic crew.

Would be a very nice pickup IMO. Could play anywhere on the line.

Despite last Saturday’s big loss, the recruiting weekend was quite fruitful for the Vols.

The staff did a nice job getting the Whitehaven trio on campus early Friday and also made moves with unofficial visitors like Omari Thomas and Marcus Henderson — with all five prospects coming from Grind City.

Former Vol Aaron Hayden has helped mend some relationships in Memphis, allowing Jeremy Pruitt and the staff to work the city hard.

Bryson Eason, Martavius French and Tamarion McDonald have emerged as major targets and the Vols made a move with all three prospects this weekend. It’s been no secret that Eason has been pushing to play alongside French, and when Tennessee offered McDonald several weeks ago, that seemed to help the Vols even more.

-VQ

maybe just adjusted expectations for the class given how the season has started, but i'm to the point now where if you can get all 5 of those guys, baron, hardy and grimes..........................i'm gonna be pretty excited....
It’s pretty shocking that these guys weren’t a priority to begin with.

We’ve always done such a poor job of recruiting West TN and it drives me nuts.

Other than it just happening to be in the same border as UT, why would it make sense to do well there? Hours and hours drive and a completely different culture, not to mention all the other schools that are in play.

not really. considering who else we were going after, and at the time looked ot have legitmate shots at, it didn't bother me at all. sewell, smalls, whitehead etc....those guys are all players. we've always been in on the DL guys and wanted them from the jump. the LB's, well yeah, we've come around.

but credit the staff for maintaining relationships and still being in position at this point with these kids. but i don't blame them for going after who the originally did, and if we could have gotten sewell, smalls and whitehead, i wouldn't have felt bad about not getting the kids from whitehaven.

at least 2 of those kids are semi projects and there's some decisions to make on where you want Eason in the front 7. so i don't consider any of those 3 "immediate" impact type players....though i'd expect at least 2 to figure in to some type of rotation as freshment if they come in next year.

sewell and smalls probably are immediate impact guys......you make a board and those guys are probably on top of most schools boards.....so no harm done there imo.

Other than it just happening to be in the same border as UT, why would it make sense to do well there? Hours and hours drive and a completely different culture, not to mention all the other schools that are in play.
yeah, there's not much "lukewarm" on TN in Memphis. you either love them or you hate them. lot of dynamics in play over there. the little brother memphis state, ole miss, msu, arkansas, lsu, bama...all closer to memphis and have always recruited it hard....as has been well documented with all the chaos and corruption that Memphis has in it's recruiting past....

bottom line, there were a lot of reasons, still are, that Memphis is a tough place to recruit from....least of which is that it's simply inside the state of tennessee.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Goodness. It's nice to be back in the city of Memphis!
Probably doesn’t matter and I’m just thinking out loud but hopefully if we continually get guys from Memphis it will help with a b-ball recruit here and there...... probably not but it may help every once in awhile

Probably doesn’t matter and I’m just thinking out loud but hopefully if we continually get guys from Memphis it will help with a b-ball recruit here and there...... probably not but it may help every once in awhile

Rick Barnes doesn't need Memphis. He's killing it in recruiting without them. ;)

Nah, I'm with you, stealing anyone from Memphis is a big win, especially in basketball.

Rick Barnes doesn't need Memphis. He's killing it in recruiting without them. ;)

Nah, I'm with you, stealing anyone from Memphis is a big win, especially in basketball.

I live here. I'm so tired of the talk about Penny, but can't deny that infusion of talent should make them very good. Steal all of them.

Just out of curiosity, who would be a better get, this young man, or Oxendine?

Memphis trio back in. Recruiting for Tennessee around Memphis to the ones that has a scholarship. I was told tonight to not forget about this young man.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back