Playoff contention: 14 teams!

FSU found a QB and the Seminoles showed signs of life. Taggart just needs to improve and get his program on solid ground.

Since UCLA went back into hyperdrive, they too have a pulse, barely. Still, if they figure out what works on offense they will at least be a fun watch and Chip might just save his job.

Frost may have come into Lincoln with all the flash and dash, but he looks lost. The coach he replaced was running spread concepts and had the personnel to do it. Could this guy just be over his head?

Jim Harbaugh has Jim McElwain on staff and chose Gattis to run his offense. For as long as he's been struggling to get things going, chosing an unknown commodity is like the ultimate risk. Say what you will but McElwain can run a pro-set style of offense and win championships. One more beatdown by a B1G team and the fans will go ballistic on social media.

FSU found a QB and the Seminoles showed signs of life. Taggart just needs to improve and get his program on solid ground.

Since UCLA went back into hyperdrive, they too have a pulse, barely. Still, if they figure out what works on offense they will at least be a fun watch and Chip might just save his job.

Frost may have come into Lincoln with all the flash and dash, but he looks lost. The coach he replaced was running spread concepts and had the personnel to do it. Could this guy just be over his head?

Jim Harbaugh has Jim McElwain on staff and chose Gattis to run his offense. For as long as he's been struggling to get things going, chosing an unknown commodity is like the ultimate risk. Say what you will but McElwain can run a pro-set style of offense and win championships. One more beatdown by a B1G team and the fans will go ballistic on social media.

Can’t say that I hate it for Gattis. I admit, for me it is personal. He has been a rival since high school and has always run his mouth.

Can’t say that I hate it for Gattis. I admit, for me it is personal. He has been a rival since high school and has always run his mouth.

OK, so you are a NC boy. Gattis is missing a lot of stuff that I think he'll find important later on as he works his way up the food chain. One is looking your boss in the eyes and be a man about your intentions, whatever they are. It's what these coaches want from their players. So be that guy. The way he left Tuscaloosa would have made Petrino blush. And we know how he left Atlanta.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The book on him when he was at Alabama is that he is a recruiter, not a coach. Kind of crazy Harbaugh hired him to be his OC.

Uh McElwain left after last season to be the Head Coach at Central Michigan......

Uh McElwain left after last season to be the Head Coach at Central Michigan......

I know he did. But he had him on board and his offense has been struggling for a while. If you have a 2 time NC OC on staff why go for the complete unknown?

VN Store

Back