Finebaum Now

Well Finebaum started off show today with the news out of Knoxville. So far he is basically saying it is very disturbing from Banks and Pruitt. Should be a good show today
Anytime there is a potential coverup, it's bad!

Alright, this thread is bringing me out of retirement to state one basic thing:

How does he have 500? At the start he’s telling another player where to get 500 of his money to bail him out. Pruitt claims the kid has no one at home to help him. Yet, this 500 seems really easy for him to come up with. Am I the only one confused by that?

They get that cost of attendance stipend now.

Reactions: Vol8188
Sir, I feel the same as you on this matter. It isn't just caring about UT, but about Tennessee and the U.S., we're sliding into the toilet when the scum of creation starts offering excuses for this, and things like it. As long as there are those that will look the other way, and/or offer up excuses, it will just continue to get worse.

Allowing this type of behavior just because they are Star Athletes got us here. It's been going on since Elementary School with some of these guys. NO Consequences for anything they do. WELL; here is your full grown result. Next stop; Brushy Mtn.

Alright, this thread is bringing me out of retirement to state one basic thing:

How does he have 500? At the start he’s telling another player where to get 500 of his money to bail him out. Pruitt claims the kid has no one at home to help him. Yet, this 500 seems really easy for him to come up with. Am I the only one confused by that?

He could have $500 pretty easily. First of all the scholarships and financial aid they receive is more than what school, room and board, and classes cost. Most of those guys pocket a pretty good chunk of money each month because of this. A lot of them will even stretch it, go live with 3 other guys off campus and get even more due to a larger stipend given living off campus instead of on campus.

If he has no family and is basically on his own then he probably also sells his football tickets. That is pretty common.

There are a variety of other options as well, but those would be 1 and 2 for me.

Allowing this type of behavior just because they are Star Athletes got us here. It's been going on since Elementary School with some of these guys. NO Consequences for anything they do. WELL; here is your full grown result. Next stop; Brushy Mtn.

He has to pay the fine, what more "consequences" are called for?

This is just the latest example of how unprepared to be a head coach pruit is. Again, how on earth could fulmer have met with him and came away impressed thinking this is the guy I want running all football operations. Just shocking. If he came away thinking he wanted to pruitt of a defensive coach...I got it. But the head coach is the ceo. And I’m the opening 2 minutes of hr interview the grammar along should’ve been enough to realize he isn’t a head coach!

I count 11 grammatical errors in the above post....

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood
He has to pay the fine, what more "consequences" are called for?

OH OK. I See. Just pay the fine, never mind the threats to UTPD and the Total Black Eye He gave the University. IF you had read my post, you would have noted I said No Consequences since Grade School for any transgressions by these Athletes. SO they continue; knowing nothing will happen. This is so obvious based on Banks' own Remarks. "I bet you don't show up at the Football Facility". "Coach Pruitt won't let you either". How much more do you need Buddy?

So what, Pruitt cussed over the phone and he is right, Knoxville PD should have made a better effort on notifying UT on the speeding ticket/warrant. To be honest, this makes Pruitt more like everyone else, only, he knows what a great program looks like and some Vol Fans do not.

Reactions: Voltopia
Don't know how his contract reads. If it states something to the effect of an embarrassment to ut. A good possibility

I think Pruitt is an awful HC and a blithering idiot but he didn't do anything meriting getting fired for cause. The GA State game, now there is a fired for cause reason.

Holy crap dude, the only really big issue with this whole thing is Pruitt not having a player personnel guy on staff to handle these things.

This **** happens at every P5 school.

Banks was totally in the wrong, and should be disciplined, but don't think he should be kicked off the team. I am more concerned with what Pruitt said at this point

Reactions: I40flyer
Pruitt on the phone with Banks, "I thought that warrant was taken care of?"

Pruitt today, "The point was the warrant was issued for five weeks or four weeks there, and I wasn’t aware of it."

????
Pruitt first tells Banks, "I thought you paid for that TICKET?" Just speculating on everything here, but I think what happened is Banks didn't pay the ticket and then received a summons. He went to Pruitt and a state trooper who was to help Banks pay said ticket in hopes of not having to go to court, so therefore Pruitt assumed it was handled...he either paid and didn't show up for court, attempted to pay and didn't show up for court, or just didn't do anything. By failure to court after the summons the judge issued an arrest warrant. I think Pruitt was totally confused, imagine that, thought it had been handled and was baffled that he wasn't told on of his players had an active warrant. He has been around enough big time programs to know he needs someone on staff who handles these kinds of things.

Did he kill someone or did I miss something? Being Stupid and shooting your mouth off is not against the law. If that were the case several of the people on this site would be on death row. SMH

OH OK. I See. Just pay the fine, never mind the threats to UTPD and the Total Black Eye He gave the University. IF you had read my post, you would have noted I said No Consequences since Grade School for any transgressions by these Athletes. SO they continue; knowing nothing will happen. This is so obvious based on Banks' own Remarks. "I bet you don't show up at the Football Facility". "Coach Pruitt won't let you either". How much more do you need Buddy?

None of that was criminal.

I think he should have be punished internally for the embarrassing remarks AND not taking care of his business by paying his fine. That punishment should be running until he drops and letting him know he gets no more strikes.

Reactions: Thorp32
So what, Pruitt cussed over the phone and he is right, Knoxville PD should have made a better effort on notifying UT on the speeding ticket/warrant. To be honest, this makes Pruitt more like everyone else, only, he knows what a great program looks like and some Vol Fans do not.

Knoxville PD isn't responsible for notifying the AD about stuff like that. Pruitt should have a staff member who's job is to keep up with this stuff.

Did he kill someone or did I miss something? Being Stupid and shooting your mouth off is not against the law. If that were the case several of the people on this site would be on death row. SMH
The comments he made to the female ride along were beyond just "being stupid and shooting off at the mouth"

If Fulmer wanted to go that route, does anyone think he could fire Priutt "with cause"????

Not yet. I do think we're seeing the beginnings of a campaign that could lead to him being fired for cause in the future. If Fulmer's the evil puppet master that some people think he is then Pruitt will be gone with UT paying zero buyout money if we don't start winning games in a hurry.

Pruitt first tells Banks, "I thought you paid for that TICKET?" Just speculating on everything here, but I think what happened is Banks didn't pay the ticket and then received a summons. He went to Pruitt and a state trooper who was to help Banks pay said ticket in hopes of not having to go to court, so therefore Pruitt assumed it was handled...he either paid and didn't show up for court, attempted to pay and didn't show up for court, or just didn't do anything. By failure to court after the summons the judge issued an arrest warrant. I think Pruitt was totally confused, imagine that, thought it had been handled and was baffled that he wasn't told on of his players had an active warrant. He has been around enough big time programs to know he needs someone on staff who handles these kinds of things.

"Did Nothing" is the likely answer.

Don't know how his contract reads. If it states something to the effect of an embarrassment to ut. A good possibility

If Pruitt tried to bribe officer or convince Banks to lie etc.... yes but he literally just questioned why? Thats not an embarrassment unless people are just looking for a reason to get rid of him which in that case the next coaches in line will keep getting worse as only coaches desperate for a shot at HC would take it.

VN Store

Back