Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize those are decent stats, right? That puts him 6th in the sec by qbr, 1 pt behind Kelly. But that's because box stats don't encapsulate how many misses he's had this year that were just bad or inaccurate.

Thus, Ubben's stats about his overall decrease in accuracy and PFF ratings that look at actual throw quality, not just box stats, and all say he has regressed from decent/good to poor.

158 ypg at the college level is sorry as hell. Averaged one TD pass per game. Wouldn't exactly call that decent. Basically the most watered down version of a game manager that you could find.

Kasim Hill in 2017 had 12 attempts for 60 rushing yards. In 2018 he had 40 attempts for -15 yards. He isn't mobile. In 2018, when he was the starter, he had a 49% completion percentage throwing for 9 TDs and 4 INTs. He isn't our hope here. He's a walk on for a reason.
Well, yeah, it’s more likely that every QB we have on the roster might be ass.

Bailey is the only true hope. But depending on a true freshman QB without being able to lean on a running game or defense usually means you don’t win very many games.

giphy.gif

Attention Legion of the Miserable!!

I will be returning to Knoxville for the first time since the Southern Miss game in '07. 2007 is the last time we won the east. By attending the UGA slaughter on Saturday, I will break the curse that has plagued our beloved Vols for the past 12 years. I will be in section PP with the other peasants who probably also overpaid for their tickets.

Since the game is at 7, where is the best area to hang out on Saturday before the game? Just two adults, so breweries or restaurants. Is the Mouse's Ear still around? Also, is it easy to Uber/Lyft on gameday? Don't want to drive around if we've been drinking. TIA.
Represent!

giphy.gif

Attention Legion of the Miserable!!

I will be returning to Knoxville for the first time since the Southern Miss game in '07. 2007 is the last time we won the east. By attending the UGA slaughter on Saturday, I will break the curse that has plagued our beloved Vols for the past 12 years. I will be in section PP with the other peasants who probably also overpaid for their tickets.

Since the game is at 7, where is the best area to hang out on Saturday before the game? Just two adults, so breweries or restaurants. Is the Mouse's Ear still around? Also, is it easy to Uber/Lyft on gameday? Don't want to drive around if we've been drinking. TIA.

Stock & Barrel on Market Square. Free garage is right there too, so technically you could park there and walk to the game even.

Plenty of bars and such on the square too, so you really could just hop around there.

@HankHill It's my memory that Crompton has a really rough start to 09...culminating with a BAD Auburn game. Then, against UGA, he played lights out and pretty well rest of season. Question is, in your opinion, did Chaney/Kiffin change something, did the team change around him, or did the light switch come on the last half of the season?

There are a lot of other losing teams who can offer that too. The playing time argument is way overrated imo. Kids want to win, be developed, and play. Not just play.

Yeah and they see our freshman playing and being developed and Bailey is still on board so what’s your point? Oh yeah, I remember. You like just having a pissy and whiny attitude to feel better. Yeah, we’re losing and may for another decade but this staff leaves a lot to be desired on game day but with Fitz ect, I do think Pruitt is showing he can develop his guys. Just not many of them on field yet as far as classes he’s had the entire cycle to recruit.

@HankHill It's my memory that Crompton has a really rough start to 09...culminating with a BAD Auburn game. Then, against UGA, he played lights out and pretty well rest of season. Question is, in your opinion, did Chaney/Kiffin change something, did the team change around him, or did the light switch come on the last half of the season?

that team had a fantastic Offensive line specifically run blocking. (I know sullens twins) and hardesty was a complete workhouse. so crompton basically had to do nothing but occasionally hit a deep route off PA.

Yeah and they see our freshman playing and being developed and Bailey is still on board so what’s your point? Oh yeah, I remember. You like just having a pissy and whiny attitude to feel better. Yeah, we’re losing and may for another decade but this staff leaves a lot to be desired on game day but with Fitz ect, I do think Pruitt is showing he can develop his guys. Just not many of them on field yet as far as classes he’s had the entire cycle to recruit.
Goodness you've got issues man.

We're not hiring a new coach. You guys can stop wasting your time with that topic. Please.

What we need is a transfer QB. Think of how different the season would be going had we landed Hurts, Fields, Eason, or Bryant. We'd be 3-1 if not 4-0 and the outlook on Pruitt and this team would be way different. That's what we need for next year. I love Bailey, but I'd rather not play a freshman if we don't have to, especially when we play OU next year. We need to do what OU did this year: bring in a difference making transfer and redshirt Bailey like they are Rattler so that he can develop, mature, and learn the system.

Is there one out there that anyone knows of that might be looking around? A former big time recruit who didn't win the starting job as a freshman like Fields? Or a really good QB that just got beat out by a superstar like Bryant? Bentley is probably transferring from SC. Not an elite QB, but better than anyone we have imo. Jack Sears is transferring from USC. Is he any good? Are there any more?

Landing a big time transfer QB could really change what this team is capable of in 2020.

Jack Sears seems the highest rated, good size and a pro-style. Would fit Chaney perfect, and I wonder if Tee has any ties there?

A few other names, Cade Fortin from UNC just a 3 star though...Keytaon Thompson from Miss. State will be a Grad Transfer it looks like was a 4 star coming out, hasn't played much.

Pretty slim pickings at the moment...I guess King from Houston would be the "steal" for QB in the transfer market, but he may have also decided to RS to prepare for the NFL draft.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
He’s currently eating a ham and cheese outside his school. I can’t tell if the soda is diet or not. I feel a little off about being this close already
K
I got over it

Diet Sprite. Wearing Joop cologne and I’m pretty sure that’s Panic at the Disco leaking from his Beats earbuds

that team had a fantastic Offensive line specifically run blocking. (I know sullens twins) and hardesty was a complete workhouse. so crompton basically had to do nothing but occasionally hit a deep route off PA.

So nothing changed, Crompton just started playing better/hitting the deep routes IYO?

We're not hiring a new coach. You guys can stop wasting your time with that topic. Please.

What we need is a transfer QB. Think of how different the season would be going had we landed Hurts, Fields, Eason, or Bryant. We'd be 3-1 if not 4-0 and the outlook on Pruitt and this team would be way different. That's what we need for next year. I love Bailey, but I'd rather not play a freshman if we don't have to, especially when we play OU next year. We need to do what OU did this year: bring in a difference making transfer and redshirt Bailey like they are Rattler so that he can develop, mature, and learn the system.

Is there one out there that anyone knows of that might be looking around? A former big time recruit who didn't win the starting job as a freshman like Fields? Or a really good QB that just got beat out by a superstar like Bryant? Bentley is probably transferring from SC. Not an elite QB, but better than anyone we have imo. Jack Sears is transferring from USC. Is he any good? Are there any more?

Landing a big time transfer QB could really change what this team is capable of in 2020.
Yuup. I'm now watching games with a different perspective. What would be happening with mediocre QB play and a little depth.
Makes it much easier to observe coaching and thankfully, to see some of the good. Highly recommend.

If nothing else, just the break from the agenda driven talking points here, is worth it's weight in gold.

Yeah I think you gotta give him this and next year regardless and then evaluate. That is unless if he goes 1-11 this year, he has to go ASAP
people stan for Pruitt because of his staff (whether that’s warranted or not is a different conversation). We finish this year with 4 or less wins which we all pretty much agree is happening.... you’re losing or firing 3-5 assistants more than likely....

What qualified assistants are going to leave good spots to join a coach coming off the worst season in school history and next year has 4 automatic losses built in already. You’re only shot is if you extend Pruitt 2 more years (lol) to show all potential coaches and recruits that he’s hear no matter what at least two more years.
or else you’re gonna have to go hire unproven recruiters again which imo is the reason Pruitt has struggled.

Yuup. I'm now watching games with a different perspective. What would be happening with mediocre QB play and a little depth.
Makes it much easier to observe coaching and thankfully, to see some of the good. Highly recommend.

If nothing else, just the break from the agenda driven talking points here, is worth it's weight in gold.
You will submit.

You will submit.
Ha, stepping away and returning just to see the dynamic duo still repeating themselves daily, makes it a little more humorous than I was expecting.

It's like they have a loop feature. That or we should make the them take a "I am not a bot" test. Not sure they'd pass😛

So you have no faith Maurer , Shrout or the Maryland transfer can fill the position until Harris is ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back