D'Andre Swift, how big an Impact Will He Have?

Won’t be surprised if he gets hurt on our turf. That seems to be the trend. Not saying I wish that on anyone, but it seems to happen for whatever reason.
Preferably severe cramping. Nothing that might affect his career, just slow him down....... A lot. 😎

Reactions: BucksnortVol
The last time GA came calling, we all know what happened, this time, we need to draw as much attention to the state of UT football as possible, on the national stage! Let's checker the stadium, and act as if we're going to kick some butt. Who cares what the announcers or sports writers have to have to say about our program, or how any high quality recruits view us (through their TV), the more attention we draw to this game the better!!! So many are watching SWIFT as he carves his name in the records books, we should be able to pick-up extra viewership! What a great time to be alive!!! BTW, if we have a repeat of the last home game vs UGA, we can say, "We celebrate participation, and trying hard to win", that'll take a lot of the wind out of their sails....champions of life, we're still all about it

I’m not at all concerned with Georgia’s offense. Meaning, they are going to score points. Fromm and Swift will get their stats.

My concern is that Georgia pitches their second consecutive shutout in Neyland stadium. We have a receiving Corp that should eat their secondary alive and we can’t even get the ball to them. Notre Dame’s TE lit Georgia up, and I would just about take Dom over any TE in the country. But again... we can’t get the ball to him.

Unbelievably frustrating.
If they shut us out that would mean we haven't had a TD in 9 consecutive quarters.

Never say never, but...UGA is going to win this game, bigly. So will Bama. So it matters not to me whether it's D'Andre, Fromm, or Elmer Fudd. A loss is a loss. At this point, 6 wins is huge, and likely not going to happen.

From this point forward, this staff needs to be focused on (a) getting the best 11 on the field, (b) recruiting their tails off, and (c) never letting this happen again. I still believe that Coach Pruitt is going to be a winner...hopefully here...but he has a lot of work to do. Welcome to the pointy end of the spear, Coach Pruitt. Let's see what you can do when what you have been doing doesn't work.

The jury is no longer out on JG. Great practice QB. In game? Not so much. If you don't think he's going to be #1 next year, then I wouldn't worry about his ego, or a transfer, this year. Again...get your best 11 on the field. It will pay dividends down the road, i.e. - next year and the year after.

We had tickets to this game, and sold them. That tells you what I think about the UGA game.

But Go Vols.
Wait, someone paid you actual currency for those tickets?!?!

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
So far this year, Swift has been a force of nature on the field, Heisman? Maybe. I suspect every time he touches the ball, the cameras will be getting several angles, and crowd reactions.
2019: Has played in all four games to date, starting in three...team's leading rusher with 388 yards on 49 carries, with three TDs...ranks 8th nationally with an average carry of 7.92 yards...also has six catches for 75 yards, including a 48-yarder for a TD vs. Arkansas State...his 98 yards vs. Notre Dame moved him past Tim Worley and into the No. 14 spot on UGA's career rushing list with 2,055 yards...named to pre-season watch lists for the Maxwell Award, Doak Walker Award and Walter Camp Player of the Year...Sporting News Preseason All-America Second Team...Athlon Sports Preseason All-America Second Team... Sports Illustrated Preseason All-America Second Team ... CBS Sports Preseason All-America Second Team ... Preseason All-SEC First Team Offense by media.
BTW, his 2018 stats aren't all that bad either!
I'm betting a lot, if not all, the HS seniors with any chance of playing in the SEC, will be watching the game. Will we try to stop him with a double or triple coverage?

Just use the old 12 man defense from Dooley’s playbook.

Not much of an impact.

He will probably get his stats in the first half then Smart will rest him in the second half to save him for important games.

Think they will do like FL. Put the game out of reach early then use the second half to work on some things.

Last super hyped rb came in here (had 13 straight 100 yard games,first play didn’t go so well for him🤭🤫...Never wish injury on anyone but wouldn’t mind if he “accidentally fell on a helmet or sumthin 😂😂🤪

So far this year, Swift has been a force of nature on the field, Heisman? Maybe. I suspect every time he touches the ball, the cameras will be getting several angles, and crowd reactions.
2019: Has played in all four games to date, starting in three...team's leading rusher with 388 yards on 49 carries, with three TDs...ranks 8th nationally with an average carry of 7.92 yards...also has six catches for 75 yards, including a 48-yarder for a TD vs. Arkansas State...his 98 yards vs. Notre Dame moved him past Tim Worley and into the No. 14 spot on UGA's career rushing list with 2,055 yards...named to pre-season watch lists for the Maxwell Award, Doak Walker Award and Walter Camp Player of the Year...Sporting News Preseason All-America Second Team...Athlon Sports Preseason All-America Second Team... Sports Illustrated Preseason All-America Second Team ... CBS Sports Preseason All-America Second Team ... Preseason All-SEC First Team Offense by media.
I'm betting a lot, if not all, the HS seniors with any chance of playing in the SEC, will be watching the game. Will we try to stop him with a double or triple coverage?
I think he is the best RB in the SEC, both last year and this year. He is very fast, has great balance, and can run over and though tacklers.

Reactions: I40flyer

Kid doesn’t have a chance against big orange defense

He’ll get 125 rushing by halftime and play little, if at all, in the second half. On 12-13 carries.
I believe you're right, best use of talent by their HC; however, he's working on those Heisman stats (I'd like to see it go to someone other than a QB), it will be hard not to call his number, so he can pick up a few hundred more.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Honestly, I'm looking forward to the game, it's a chance to see a Great NFL player play, before they were an NFL star, just like so many of the greats, he makes it look easy. We'll see him playing on Sunday.

Reactions: Atlanta917
I sure hope he doesn't get hurt. Playing Tennessee hasn't been kind to some really good running backs.

Shouldn't you be posting this crap on BullDawgs R Us?

VN Store

Back