Aviation Discussion

Area 3. Purely high sector so not sure how I feel about that. It’s begins just north of my hometown so that’s kind of neat, covers some KY and a lot of WV.

Seems like there’s lots of places with no low stratum sectors. I enjoy having the mix of different things to do though.

I’m not sure their area numbers but we share a boundary with sectors 81,82, & 84 on the high sectors. Those are probably just to the west of you.

Seems like there’s lots of places with no low stratum sectors. I enjoy having the mix of different things to do though.

I’m not sure their area numbers but we share a boundary with sectors 81,82, & 84 on the high sectors. Those are probably just to the west of you.

Any advice on the maps? Because that shiz sucks.

Any advice on the maps? Because that shiz sucks.

Lol yeah it does. Just repetition. We had these clear sheets you could stick over the maps and use a dry erase marker on. I would try to start with VOR’s, then do airways, then add mileages, and so on until I had everything.

I learned fixes in weird ways that most probably don’t. Like Beckley (BKW) was Burger King Whopper. Crimson is the VOR in Tuscaloosa (LDK). That was Love Da Krimson for me. I associated mileage numbers with athletes who wore those numbers.

Reactions: Tri-CitiesVol

This is me.

I really wanted area 2 because they share boundaries with TYS and TRI apch. It would’ve been fun working the guard unit that I fly with. Don’t think I’ll be seeing any UH-60s at FL240, though.

If I’m not allowed to put this up for some reason just let me know and I’ll remove it.

Attachments

• 3AC6A1B7-24E3-49D3-A0B3-9E3DA98CEB3B.jpeg
    3AC6A1B7-24E3-49D3-A0B3-9E3DA98CEB3B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
This is me.

I really wanted area 2 because they share boundaries with TYS and TRI apch. It would’ve been fun working the guard unit that I fly with. Don’t think I’ll be seeing any UH-60s at FL240, though.

If I’m not allowed to put this up for some reason just let me know and I’ll remove it.
I wouldn’t think there’s anything wrong with that. Do you border ZDC? I see BKW and HVQ on there, those are routine fixes for us to clear people direct to.

I wouldn’t think there’s anything wrong with that. Do you border ZDC? I see BKW and HVQ on there, those are routine fixes for us to clear people direct to.

Yes that’s DC to my east.

Are highs easier, harder, or just different?

Yes that’s DC to my east.

Are highs easier, harder, or just different?

Just different. Some people prefer one over the other. Most weird situations seem to happen on the lows. On the high sectors you’re pretty much exclusively dealing with professional pilots so it’s more cut and dry.

Never transferring if it means learning maps again. And frequencies. And LOAs/SOPs.

I start in the lab sometime next month.

@ATC_VOL
lol don’t blame you, it’s a lot to learn. Good luck in the lab. I’ve got a R-side trainee starting tomorrow so I’ll be busy with that for a few months.

lol don’t blame you, it’s a lot to learn. Good luck in the lab. I’ve got a R-side trainee starting tomorrow so I’ll be busy with that for a few months.
How many trainees have you had? I’m interested to see who I end up with.

How many trainees have you had? I’m interested to see who I end up with.
This will be my 3rd time I’ve been a primary trainer on a training team. Have been a “guest” trainer for several others.
Actually I’m going to be on two training teams at the same time after we change crews in January.

VN Store

Back