The Impeachment Thread

At first blush, I see nothing in the "transcript" (if complete and not edited) that justifies impeachment at this time. Unethical? Yes. Impeachment-worthy? No.

However, it's equally - if not more important - that the full whistleblower complaint be made available to Congress. Should Trump bar this, then the whistleblower should testify before Congress - behind closed doors, if necessary, for classified briefing / QA.

One other important tidbit... Pelosi is nobody's fool. I highly doubt that she would put herself out on the impeachment limb haphazardly. Translation: She's probably already met with the whistleblower, and knows the full extent of the situation. If that's the case, Trump is toast.

It does seem unlikely that Pelosi would have initiated the impeachment inquiry completely in the dark about what was coming. Just not her style. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Reactions: Hunerwadel
I read the transcript. Saw nothing troubling in it. Outside of Trump's choppy English being worse than the Ukrainian's. This will backfire for the Democrats because the fact is that Hunter Biden's positions have been set up for by Joe, and Joe never should have helped get the prosecutor fired. It's an obvious conflict of interest. Textbook. And Hunter Biden's reputation isn't sparkling to begin with*.

I am sympathetic to someone who's lost as much as he has.

Reactions: tennvols77
From that raging liberal David French who writes for that liberal rag National Review, which, we all know, is like Mother Jones.

I read the transcript. Saw nothing troubling in it. Outside of Trump's choppy English being worse than the Ukrainian's. This will backfire for the Democrats because the fact is that Hunter Biden's positions have been set up for by Joe, and Joe never should have helped get the prosecutor fired. It's an obvious conflict of interest. Textbook. And Hunter Biden's reputation isn't sparkling to begin with*.

LOL if true.

On the one hand, it is no surprise that talking points get issued. I am sure that all modern day administrations have done so.

But the ineptitude to telegraph that your supporters are working off a script you sent them?

giphy.gif

On the one hand, it is no surprise that talking points get issued. I am sure that all modern day administrations have done so.

But the ineptitude to telegraph that your supporters are working off a script you sent them?

giphy.gif

They have Pretty much been repeating those talking points all night and morning on VN. Do you think they will notice?

Nap is a never Trumper who has previously wrongly said that Trump has committed about 5 different crimes, and that he was going down. You can disregard what he says.

So in this instance we should "disregard" that the source has credentials from prestigious institutions (Princeton and Notre Dame) and was the youngest Superior Court Judge in the history of New Jersey?

I'm kind of new at this, but from earlier posts by Trumpers in this thread I think I am supposed to ask you where you got your law degree from now.

So in this instance we should "disregard" that the source has credentials from prestigious institutions (Princeton and Notre Dame) and was the youngest Superior Court Judge in the history of New Jersey?

I'm kind of new at this, but from earlier posts by Trumpers in this thread I think I am supposed to ask you where you got your law degree from now.
Read the article that I linked where Judge Nap has been wrong. He is now, and has been a Never Trumper for some time. I think he was shunned by Trump about a job.

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol

It's not even a verbatim transcript. It's based on "recollections", not real time documentation. I'm failing to see the value of this release and how it can exonerate him in any way. It can only implicate him, which it has. Maybe not impeachment-worthy but it's definitely not nothing.

Per Fox News:

"The document, declassified by Trump a day earlier, indicates that the call – which Trump made from the White House residence -- took place July 25 from 9:03 a.m. to 9:33 a.m. A notation on the memo says it does not represent a "verbatim transcript" but is based on "notes and recollections" of those listening and memorializing the call. It is still presented in transcript form."

VN Store

Back