TOS Reporting 3 players likely to enter transfer portal

Wouldn't it be nice, or at least enlightening, to be a fly on the wall at the football facility. Might find out how much of our problems are players not buying in, coaches not coaching, head coach not organizing and managing the staff and players and administrators nosing around.

Give me a minute

source.gif

Cancer not only likes to stay around, it likes to take over the place. I literally do not know, so I’m just asking, but is it possible these 3 are leaving to get away from the cancer that still persists?
----------------------------------------------
Uh, are you the type who finds ways to look under rocks to discover ideas that diminish your team?

BULLETIN!!!!! One of the 3 had drug charges during Jones's tenure here!

Sheesh! Amazing

GO VOLS!
Recruit Coach Pruitt! Recruit! Get YOUR GUYS SIGNED UP & Producing!!!!

If we are paying Friend $800,000/year, but don't trust him to choose the five starting linemen, then there's not much hope for Pruitt improving his HC skills.

I am not disagreeing with you---just asking the question about who makes the decision about the starting line-up of OL.
I don't think it's a question concerning trust...but it's a question of chain of command and the OC's area of control/responsibility IMO.

Friend is responsible and accountable to the OC for coaching the OL to block in agreement with Chaney's offensive scheme.
Chaney coached the OL for the Rams in the NFL for 2 years before being re-assigned to the TEs.

The reports coming out of the practices leading up to the first game were that Chaney was taking an active role in coaching the OL.

I honestly don't know...but it seams reasonable to think that Chaney would be responsible in deciding which OL are gonna start for HIS OFFENSE.

Not picking a fight...and I do confess that my anti-Chaney bias appears to be as strong as your disdain for Friend.

But at the end of the day--it is CHANEY who wears the title of OC--and the buck stops with CHANEY for this sheet-show on offense. He's making $1.5M/year to preside over this shite...

After all---Kiffin chose Chaney as his OC...but didn't trust him with play-calling responsibility during games.

I am not disagreeing with you---just asking the question about who makes the decision about the starting line-up of OL.
I don't think it's a question concerning trust...but it's a question of chain of command and the OC's area of control/responsibility IMO.

Friend is responsible and accountable to the OC for coaching the OL to block in agreement with Chaney's offensive scheme.
Chaney coached the OL for the Rams in the NFL for 2 years before being re-assigned to the TEs.
The reports coming out of the practices leading up to the first game were that Chaney was taking an active role in coaching the OL.

I honestly don't know...but it seams reasonable to think that Chaney would be responsible in deciding which OL are gonna start for HIS OFFENSE.

Not picking a fight...and I do confess that my anti-Chaney bias appears to be as strong as your disdain for Friend.

But at the end of the day--it is CHANEY who wears the title of OC--and the buck stops with CHANEY for this sheet-show on offense. He's making $1.5M/year to preside over this shite...

I can't imagine a scenario where a position coach, working with the players every practice, isn't expected/allowed to choose the starters. I guess it's not impossible, but I've never heard of that being the case.

So Ignot is not in the portal, per a link to the portal itself above, and this:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...tennessee-players-enter-ncaa-transfer-portal/

I am glad, as he is by far the best of the three, and one of our better LBs IMO (and yeah, I know that's not saying much). Hope he sees the field against uga and does well. If the reason he was left off the UF travel squad was attitude, maybe he has seen the light and will do better. Since he is IMO a legit starter for this team or at least in the two deep, we need him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly! Goodbye! Good Luck! Good Riddance! At least one of them had drug charges surrounding his tenure here. Duh????????? You mean attitude problems, negativity and drug charges.
And some of these internet cowboys wanna keep 'em.

THAT'LL BE GREAT FOR MORALE, HUH???????

Come on Coach Pruitt! Recruit the rest of YOUR guys!

Show these message board cowboys how misinformed they are about the FACT
that you know how to coach winners...and so does the rest of the staff.

When the negatronic riff raff is shed, those with the good attitudes will get the job done...to be joined by a more like them, in 2020.

Recruit, Coach Jeremy, Recruit!!!
GO VOLS!

Might be time to step away for a bit, brother.

Uh, have to disagree. The older, discontented players don't think they'll see the field under Pruitt so they're leaving.

You may very well be right.

What happens if some players are leaving because things are simply so disjointed?

Tennessee is a laughingstock to the football community and is a hot mess to many in the media. More drama (good or bad) is a further “bad look” to me.

I may be wrong, I often am. I also hope Pruitt succeeds (here) because that would mean Tennessee is succeeding.....but I don’t think that will totally happen.

I can't imagine a scenario where a position coach, working with the players every practice, isn't expected/allowed to choose the starters. I guess it's not impossible, but I've never heard of that being the case.

Well....remember that the practice reports before the Georgia State game did have Chaney taking a very active role with the OL during the practices.

Once again, I don't actually know---but I can't imagine that Chaney would divest himself completely in those decisions--both in the week of preparation and during the game.
After all--he's up in the press box with the eagle eye trained on those guys during the action--or he has guys assigned up there with him who report to him when the bullets are flying.
I do admit that I could be wrong.

You have ZERO knowledge of why they are leaving.

Maybe it’s because of what if what you say.

Maybe it’s because things are totally messed up.

Maybe it’s because Tennessee is dysfunctional and they see better opportunities.

It’s a BAD look.

From what “true fans” say Tennessee is thin and they need a lot more recruits. The thinner Tennessee gets the worse the situation could get. IF ( we don’t know ) players leave because Tennessee is just bad or things are dysfunctional, getting “thinner” could make even more leave.
False, the players don't read this nor do the coaches nor does the recruits. Or so I have been told and people wanna be db's about it.

What happens if some players are leaving because things are simply so disjointed?

Tennessee is a laughingstock to the football community and is a hot mess to many in the media. More drama (good or bad) is a further “bad look” to me.

I may be wrong, I often am. I also hope Pruitt succeeds (here) because that would mean Tennessee is succeeding.....but I don’t think that will totally happen.
Problem is CBJ had soft players, CJP isn't a soft coach. He has been tryn to toughen up CBJ players. Then the fans say fire him when they shouldn't. Let's give CJP time to prove himself with his players before we jump to firing him. Hell since he has been the head coach the defense has improved... We do need a new QB coach though

You can't imagine a coordinator or even a HC overruling a position coach on personnel decisions? You really don't think that happens like, all the time?

We are, or should be, past the point of caring what outsiders think or say. Our program is in a very bad spot. The only people who matter, IMO, are its supporters, players, coaches, and AD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Exactly! Goodbye! Good Luck! Good Riddance! At least one of them had drug charges surrounding his tenure here. Duh????????? You mean attitude problems, negativity and drug charges.
And some of these internet cowboys wanna keep 'em.

THAT'LL BE GREAT FOR MORALE, HUH???????

Come on Coach Pruitt! Recruit the rest of YOUR guys!

Show these message board cowboys how misinformed they are about the FACT
that you know how to coach winners...and so does the rest of the staff.

When the negatronic riff raff is shed, those with the good attitudes will get the job done...to be joined by a more like them, in 2020.

Recruit, Coach Jeremy, Recruit!!!
GO VOLS!
charges?? Convinced??

We are, or should be, past the point of caring what outsiders think or say. Our program is in a very bad spot. The only people who matter, IMO, are its supporters, players, coaches, and AD.

Yea, but recruits and their families probably care.

I like some of your posts. In fact I have liked some of em. I just hope like you do you are wrong about CJP

You can't imagine a coordinator or even a HC overruling a position coach on personnel decisions? You really don't think that happens like, all the time?

I can't imagine a competent HC saying to his oline coach, "I don't agree with your assessment, let's rotate all 9 offensive linemen, even when we start losing". No, that's not a scenario that I can envision.

Reactions: JoAllan
I like some of your posts. In fact I have liked some of em. I just hope like you do you are wrong about CJP

You ain’t kidding

I hope like heck I’m dead wrong. Tennessee has him at least for 2 more years. So I seriously hope it does work.

I say 2 more years at the very least because: Tennessee has to be better next year. Also with the QB coming it will be better, so even if it ain’t great he’ Get another year.

Reactions: Volinfla13
Yea, but recruits and their families probably care.
Of course. And I wish fans wouldn't brutalize our players, coaches, and program on social media but that's just what fans do. I agree with Rumph that it would be better if fans didn't do that and it makes coaches jobs harder, but it's simply reality in 2019.

I can't imagine a competent HC saying to his oline coach, "I don't agree with your assessment, let's rotate all 9 offensive linemen, even when we start losing". No, that's not a scenario that I can envision.
I can envision it even tho I disagree with it. It's simply a difference of opinion and everyone in the world thinks their opinion is the right one - that's why it's their opinion. If they thought their own opinion was the wrong one, they would simply change their opinion.

So Ignot is not in the portal, per a link to the portal itself above, and this:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...tennessee-players-enter-ncaa-transfer-portal/

I am glad, as he is by far the best of the three, and one of our better LBs IMO (and yeah, I know that's not saying much). Hope he sees the field against uga and does well. If the reason he was left off the UF travel squad was attitude, maybe he has seen the light and will do better. Since he is IMO a legit starter for this team or at least in the two deep, we need him.

Well he hasn’t been at practice for 2 days now and isn’t listed as injured ... something is going on and he is very likely next to the portal

Of course. And I wish fans wouldn't brutalize our players, coaches, and program on social media but that's just what fans do. I agree with Rumph that it would be better if fans didn't do that and it makes coaches jobs harder, but it's simply reality in 2019.

Hey I agree, but it’s also why I think “it’s a bad look”

I even try to refrain from totally bashing players on here.....but not coaches, they grown men making a lot of money.

I wish there was a way to get around the hard cap 25 rule. Pruitt could get this roster flipped a lot faster., HT is a better linebacker than Ignont. He feels entitled because he is older. He mad. The Freshman and Sophomores he is bringing in are better than the upper classmen. Play the best and let the chips fall. I am behind Pruitt...

VN Store

Back