"UT Football is 5x worse than you think it is."

The defense was good before and after pruitt. The offense struggled and kiffen went there in the first year and lit it up..
Alabama's offense was not struggling in 2012. They won the freaking National Championship for crying out loud. They beat the living hell out of Notre Dame 42-14 in the BCS Championship Game. They were just as good on offense in 2013... They had won 3 out of 5 BCS titles, before Kiffin arrived.

Reactions: 05_never_again
OK, but that is more of a damming statement on Butch's recruiting rather than the current staffs coaching ability and backs up what I have said before that maybe JG is a great practice QB and not so much a game QB.

I don’t know how you can make that leap of logic. It is more than one player.

You're afraid? No, you are gloating and reveling in another fan base's disappointment and discontent. It's snarky and petty. Wouldn't you rather discuss your own team on a Florida fan site?

The sad part is that I have been posting as long as I have to prove that I will stick around when Tennessee is back where they were to prove I’m not just “trolling”.

But, they haven’t given me the opportunity.

I post what I think is true. And that goes for Florida. People who have seen my posts know what I think is coming when they play Auburn, Georgia and LSU. And I’m scared about Missouri too

Alabama's offense was not struggling in 2012. They won the freaking National Championship for crying out loud. They beat the living hell out of Notre Dame 42-14 in the BCS Championship Game. They were just as good on offense in 2013... They had won 3 out of 5 BCS titles, before Kiffin arrived.
Don't let facts get in the way of the story though.

I just listened to podcast of Chuck Oliver "The King of College Football" for 680 The Fan in Atlanta. He asked his co-host, "How would you describe the current state of UT football?" Co-host says, "a F-ing nightmare." Oliver responds, "It's 5 times worse than that."

He goes on to say that when JG signed with UT, Barton Simmons of 247sports told him that JG was always good in skills competitions, but it never translated to the game. "He can throw the ball through the tire....he'll always be one of the best athletes, but it won't show up during the game." Also says the offense drops passes and they don't block.

Defensively he said, "I can't remember another SEC defense I have ever seen as consistently out of position on every single play."

For the overall team he said, "they don't block up front, they're consistently out of position, they're poorly prepared, and they don't tackle on defense."

Take it for what it's worth. He is an Auburn grad and unabashed fan.

appreciate the info, but, what did he say that hasn't been said on here...apparently he just reads VN and talks into a microphone...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

The sad part is that I have been posting as long as I have to prove that I will stick around when Tennessee is back where they were to prove I’m not just “trolling”.

But, they haven’t given me the opportunity.

I post what I think is true. And that goes for Florida. People who have seen my posts know what I think is coming when they play Auburn, Georgia and LSU. And I’m scared about Missouri too

99...don't stop posting...you objectively analyze....if you do stop I'll come looking for ya...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Are you trying to tell us something? Is this a cry for help?

I’m here for you Behr.

No, I'm ready to get the show on the road. You guys crying and VFB all kinds of mad. Lol, bring it.

Obviously football at Tennessee is over, so I can't wait to see who they bring in next. I have nothing to lose here. They bring in a proven experienced home run hire and gets us back on track, they did something they've never done and I was wrong. Don't care, especially if we're winning. They do what we ALL expect... I'll have the same kind of fun you are now.

With a defense driven team, their explosive offense began under kiffin

Ultimately, at some point all this garbage play reflects on coaches. If no one in the right position, that means system is too complex at this point. Personally, before the season, I thought there's no way Pruitt fired at end of the season. He'll last thru the season, but if they consistently have critical errors on both sides of the ball as we move thru the season, without any improvement, then that's on the coaches. These aren't novice players...all of them could have signed with Miz, for example, and they always seem to get their players to play to a higher level.... Don't envy Fulmer's position. At some point, during this season, Pruitt and staff must show they deserve to be the guys for next year. Otherwise, as much as I don't like it, better to bite the bullet than continue to fester in obscurity.

Oh I know. He’s about to make absolutely sure we won’t ever change that LOL.

Dudes about to walk into Athens-stadium-North and stick a wooden stake into the heart of this program in two weeks. It’s gonna be BADDDDDDD.
No doubt, GA will likely embarrass us at home.

No, I'm ready to get the show on the road. You guys crying and VFB all kinds of mad. Lol, bring it.

Obviously football at Tennessee is over, so I can't wait to see who they bring in next. I have nothing to lose here. They bring in a proven experienced home run hire and gets us back on track, they did something they've never done and I was wrong. Don't care, especially if we're winning. They do what we ALL expect... I'll have the same kind of fun you are now.
Nobody is ponying up the amount of money it would take to buy this staff out, plus come up with an enormous amount of money to hire a proven winner--and that's if you could find someone stupid enough to come in here and deal with the craziest, most unrealistic, obsessive fanbase in America.

With a defense driven team, their explosive offense began under kiffin
Alabama 2013 results:

Alabama 35 Virginia Tech 10
Alabama 49 Texas A&M 42
Alabama 31 Colorado State 6
Alabama 25 Ole Miss 0
Alabama 45 Georgia State 3
Alabama 48 Kentucky 7
Alabama 52 Arkansas 0
Alabama 45 Tennessee 10
Alabama 38 LSU 17
Alabama 20 Mississippi State 7
Alabama 49 Chattanooga 0
Alabama 28 Auburn 34
Alabama 31 Oklahoma 45

This was the season prior to Kiffin becoming the OC at Alabama. They averaged 35 points per game. For the most part, the Alabama defense was very good in 2013, but the Texas A&M game was a shootout and the two losses at the end of the season against Auburn and Oklahoma, were clearly on the defense and special teams, not from any lack of offense. You are wrong that their explosiveness began with Kiffin.

Ultimately, at some point all this garbage play reflects on coaches. If no one in the right position, that means system is too complex at this point. Personally, before the season, I thought there's no way Pruitt fired at end of the season. He'll last thru the season, but if they consistently have critical errors on both sides of the ball as we move thru the season, without any improvement, then that's on the coaches. These aren't novice players...all of them could have signed with Miz, for example, and they always seem to get their players to play to a higher level.... Don't envy Fulmer's position. At some point, during this season, Pruitt and staff must show they deserve to be the guys for next year. Otherwise, as much as I don't like it, better to bite the bullet than continue to fester in obscurity.
I think a component of the team's struggles is Pruitt & Co. coming in with more advanced systems on both sides of the ball and his current personnel isn't ready for it. That explains JG's inability to make reads, people on defense not being lined up properly, being out of position and shooting wrong gaps, etc.

To the extent the struggles are caused by that, it's on Pruitt. Pruitt has only ever coached at "up" programs that had personnel who could grasp what he was throwing at them. I'm sure the culture and environment he talked into when he took the job is something he's never seen before and isn't used to, to say the least.

Alabama 2013 results:

Alabama 49 Texas A&M 42
Alabama 25 Ole Miss 0
Alabama 48 Kentucky 7
Alabama 52 Arkansas 0
Alabama 45 Tennessee 10
Alabama 38 LSU 17
Alabama 49 Chattanooga 0
Alabama 28 Auburn 34
Alabama 31 Oklahoma 45

This was the season prior to Kiffin becoming the OC at Alabama. They averaged 35 points per game. For the most part, the Alabama defense was very good in 2013, but the Texas A&M game was a shootout and the two losses at the end of the season against Auburn and Oklahoma, were clearly on the defense and special teams, not from any lack of offense. You are wrong that their explosiveness began with Kiffin.
I think the poster is equating "explosiveness" with Kiffin's style of offense, which was more pass-centric and employed some spread concepts that the Alabama offenses before him did not. Before Kiffin arrived they had an offense that was even more centered around the run, but their offensive output as measured by yards and points scored has always been good since Saban got there.

Alabama 2013 results:

Alabama 49 Texas A&M 42
Alabama 25 Ole Miss 0
Alabama 48 Kentucky 7
Alabama 52 Arkansas 0
Alabama 45 Tennessee 10
Alabama 38 LSU 17
Alabama 49 Chattanooga 0
Alabama 28 Auburn 34
Alabama 31 Oklahoma 45

K, kiffen was brought in to open alabamas offense more. The years prior it was a defense driven team, creating turnovers and shory fields for the o. Several stories were written about the genius of saban understanding that the game was changing and thats why he brought kiffin in.....I mean are we seriously arguing that kiffin isnt great offensive coach?

K, kiffen was brought in to open alabamas offense more. The years prior it was a defense driven team, creating turnovers and shory fields for the o. Several stories were written about the genius of saban understanding that the game was changing and thats why he brought kiffin in.....I mean are we seriously arguing that kiffin isnt great offensive coach?
Their offense was heavily predicated on the running game before Kiffin arrived. They pounded the ball and put up mountains of rushing yards and points. It wasn't like their offense was bad before Kiffin. I mean, they had a RB win the Heisman (Ingram) before Kiffin got there.

The other aspect from this where I would agree with Oliver is that I don’t think anyone thought that 2019 and 2020 would be done 4 games into the 2019 season.

But, I’m afraid the writing is on the wall for the 2020 season. A bowl game next season would be semi-miraculous.
The irony, especially w/ a group of assistant coaches, who, on paper have great resumes, is that they can't coach their position groups to play a clean game. If we play a clean, that FL game could have been alot closer. Halftime score could have been very close, and kept everyone engaged...but by the time it reached 17-0, it was over, so think everyone packed it in. When we've continued to make the same critical errors thru four games, that's who you are...and who we're going to be, until they show otherwise. The damning statement on Pruitt this season is that Butch's early teams, though not good and had very little talent, played with more discipline...I've seen many high school teams execute their assignments better...it's baffling beyond belief.

Reactions: 05_never_again
OK, but that is more of a damming statement on Butch's recruiting rather than the current staffs coaching ability and backs up what I have said before that maybe JG is a great practice QB and not so much a game QB.
Pruitt has had two springs and two fall camps and yet they look as bad if not worse than when Butch was here.

Their offense was heavily predicated on the running game before Kiffin arrived. They pounded the ball and put up mountains of rushing yards and points. It wasn't like their offense was bad before Kiffin. I mean, they had a RB win the Heisman (Ingram) before Kiffin got there.
Right, but they were a defense driven, ball control team and really good at it, thats my point. That changed when kiffin got there. Similair to what we saw his year here, with far less talent obviously

The irony, especially w/ a group of assistant coaches, who, on paper have great resumes, is that they can't coach their position groups to play a clean game. If we play a clean, that FL game could have been alot closer. Halftime score could have been very close, and kept everyone engaged...but by the time it reached 17-0, it was over, so think everyone packed it in. When we've continued to make the same critical errors thru four games, that's who you are...and who we're going to be, until they show otherwise. The damning statement on Pruitt this season is that Butch's early teams, though not good and had very little talent, played with more discipline...I've seen many high school teams execute their assignments better...it's baffling beyond belief.
Butch's teams also played with more consistent effort too. Remember those 2016 teams that routinely got down big and came back and won (or almost won)? They were unprepared too, but they didn't mail it in.

You said that Alabama's explosive offense began under Kiffin. It didn't.

Right, but they were a defense driven, ball control team and really good at it, thats my point. That changed when kiffin got there. Similair to what we saw his year here, with far less talent obviously
Yes, they were, but their offense was really good before Kiffin got there. Kiffin changed the style of their offense, but it isn't like he made their offense "explosive." It was already good before he got there.

If by "explosive" you mean they threw the ball more, or they had a more dynamic QB, then I suppose that's true, but they've always scored points.

VN Store

Back