Official Nashville Predators Thread

Seems odd to me. I like Sissons but seems odd to lock up a bottom six forward that specializes on the defensive end. 7 years is a long time

Predators Reduce Roster to 32 Players

I just don't get why we're refusing to play Eeli Tolvanen, I definitely think he should have a roster spot over a guy like Salomaki.
It may be just a numbers game. And Salomäki is on a one way contract. He will either have to be released from team or traded. Right? Where Eeli is still on a 2 way so he can be assigned.

ESPN's rankings of teams by their forwards

12. Nashville Predators
The Predators have been openly searching for a second scoring option down the middle to slot in behind Ryan Johansen for years now. They've swung and missed pretty badly on Kyle Turris and Nick Bonino in recent seasons. The next entrant in this contest is Matt Duchene, who is a bit of a polarizing player because he can be overrated in certain circles due to how good he looks when he's scoring, and there's a certain empty-calorie nature to his offensive totals because of what he gives up on the other end of the ice.

That's why it's difficult to know just how much of a difference he'll make in Nashville, and whether he can live up to the vast expectations that have been heaped on his plate. That said, there's no denying that he at the very least brings a certain level of explosiveness to a Predators team that could desperately use a spark after going stale of late.

Preds just reassigned Jarred Tinordi and Frederick Gaudreau to Milwaukee. Roster now at 24 players and have to be down to 23 by 10/1 if I'm not mistaken. Final roster spot battle coming down between Daniel Carr and Steven Santini I would assume (I'm guessing Grimaldi is a lock to make the team).

Preds are 5th in ESPN's power rankings - thought that seemed kind of high.

NHL Power Rankings: Rating every team heading into 2019-20

Not really sure what to make of the Duchene deal. We certainly need help at that spot, and surely he'll increase production over what we saw last year from our second line center, but he's also been overrated for most (all?) of his career and he's making $8m/year. I guess the good thing is that we aren't relying on him to carry the team offensively. I don't think the loss of PK is going to hurt at all, really.

I think an early bounce from the playoffs this year (or worse) and Lavy is gone. I really hope last season wasn't a result of guys kind of starting to tune him out. They haven't looked quite the same since winning the Presidents Trophy. There's no way the power play can be that bad again, right?

Not really sure what to make of the Duchene deal. We certainly need help at that spot, and surely he'll increase production over what we saw last year from our second line center, but he's also been overrated for most (all?) of his career and he's making $8m/year. I guess the good thing is that we aren't relying on him to carry the team offensively. I don't think the loss of PK is going to hurt at all, really.

I think an early bounce from the playoffs this year (or worse) and Lavy is gone. I really hope last season wasn't a result of guys kind of starting to tune him out. They haven't looked quite the same since winning the Presidents Trophy. There's no way the power play can be that bad again, right?
That list also has the Rangers at 14, which is ludicrous. Blueshirts will need a minor miracle to be a playoff team.

5th sounds high, but to me there's a big ball of uncertainty behind the 3 Atlantic teams and Vegas. Of course things will shake up a lot before spring

5th is about right IMO. The Preds are one of a handful of teams that have the outright talent to win it all (and did anyone expect the Blues to win it all last year?).

It literally can't get worse lol. Only one way to go.

Duchene has the talent, he just seems to not use it for long stretches. He wanted to be in Nashville though, so maybe that'll motivate him some more.

VN Store

Back