TOS Reporting 3 players likely to enter transfer portal

Twelve Alabama players have entered the portal including a former starting QB. That team must be a total disaster.
They are leaving for playing time because they cant get on the field, but yeah lets act like it's the same situation.

Don't care why they are leaving, can they come in and play and contribute and stay out of trouble and pass their classes......please send any of them up here right away please.

Don't care why they are leaving, can they come in and play and contribute and stay out of trouble and pass their classes......please send any of them up here right away please.
That wasnt the point but ok. No transfer worth anything is coming to this disaster and look like a fool.

Any of you smart and savy NCAA dorks want to save me the time and effort and explain how:

if we really have attrition and have a very small roster (we have scholarships open above the 25 recruits coming in), and we can only recruit 25, how do transfer portal players fit into either helping/hurting us in terms of the recruiting limit and scholarship limits in calendar year?

Thanks in advance to the person who knows and posts.

That wasnt the point but ok. No transfer worth anything is coming to this disaster and look like a fool.

I know, my point was any of them coming here........maybe if enough "good guys" (I'll take benchers from bama as still a more than average player) would at least entertain the idea of a max influx it would be mighty helpful. Really, really helpful.

The Florida game was not close ONLY because of stupid mistakes. The great majority of the mistakes were made by Juniors and Seniors. It wasn't from lack of effort, or lack of buying in, it was because of lack of BELIEF that they could win, because they EXPECT to lose. Exactly like a golfer trying NOT to hit it in the trap instead of hitting it on the green. It's all mental, pure and simple, Short of a sports shrink, a purge might be good.

Reactions: Gandalf
Yeah some of the stupid penalties are on players that are all in, like T Smith, Calbert etc... so it may go deeper
Sometimes stupid penalties occur when a player is trying too hard to make something positive happen for his team. Other times it can be a "second punch/shove gets caught" kind of thing, born out of shear frustration.

They are leaving for playing time because they cant get on the field, but yeah lets act like it's the same situation.
It is. These people are leaving because they cant get on the field. They are in their feels because freshmen are playing ahead of them.

You have ZERO knowledge of why they are leaving.

Maybe it’s because of what if what you say.

Maybe it’s because things are totally messed up.

Maybe it’s because Tennessee is dysfunctional and they see better opportunities.

It’s a BAD look.

From what “true fans” say Tennessee is thin and they need a lot more recruits. The thinner Tennessee gets the worse the situation could get. IF ( we don’t know ) players leave because Tennessee is just bad or things are dysfunctional, getting “thinner” could make even more leave.
======================================
In organizational turnarounds, when problem employees are forced out; they and their backers frequently want to talk about how the organization is screwed up, because it does not allow them to rub their negative attitudes off onto new hires and longer term employees who are not negative towards the re-engineering.

They may be nice folks---all of 'em who are x-ferring---but if they are refusing to change as more and more of the others do change, makes them more and more essentially working at cross-purposes with the organization and its leadership. It cannot be tolerated, or change does not happen.

One more thing---when employees who are hired with great fanfare by previous management, which itself was under-performing; they often feel a sense of entitlement---of being part of, and wedded to---a culture that has been decided to need to be destroyed. That means more wheels squeak, louder.

Reactions: VolNExile
I know, my point was any of them coming here........maybe if enough "good guys" (I'll take benchers from bama as still a more than average player) would at least entertain the idea of a max influx it would be mighty helpful. Really, really helpful.
They wont

Reactions: tennvols77
It does make sense. Again I'll compare players leaving to a divorce.

it's a bad look. Lots of questions, lots of explaining, some mud slinging, both parties have contracts that ain't easy or painless to get out of, which indicates something somewhere, is going bad in the worst way to justify such a move. It's 's kind of embarrassing, to all parties involved, even if you aren't at fault personally.

It's Just a bad look, and sure it's happening more and more these days, but still...

...Its just a bad look, trouble in paradise, what went wrong?

I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

“ITS A BAD LOOK EVEN THOUGH WE DONT KNOW WHY PLAYERS ARE LEAVING.”

It’s a bad look to you and you only.

Only in this place can someone say they don’t know why something happened but then say with certainty how the blowback will go

Tennessee could wind up with all the remaining Butch Jones players who have eligibility left transferring out after the season:rolleyes: Getting rid of the driftwood can be a good thing;)

Reactions: sccshortstop
They wont

images

Things will get better......and they can always be worse...........hopefully better is sooner, rather than later...

We see things a bit differently, but good or bad, it’s certainly not a good look for Tennessee right now.
I think it’s great. Upperclassmen who have been here for years and have never contributed anything. Addition by subtraction and good for the program imo.

Reactions: Behr
Cancer not only likes to stay around, it likes to take over the place. I literally do not know, so I’m just asking, but is it possible these 3 are leaving to get away from the cancer that still persists?

It's amazing how differently this is viewed. To some its a sinking ship and others a house cleaning. To me it's neither.
As has been stated, it's after the 4th game. Players all over the country that feel they may not be a starter, or see significant playing time, will be exploring options to go elsewhere and not have this year count against their eligibility. The guys on our team have 2 weeks to decide what they want to do before the UGA game.
Remember that entering your name in the portal does not prevent you from staying with your current team. It can be looked at as strictly testing the waters or as realizing you need to go somewhere else to get more PT.
It could be as simple Ignot and Reid feel like they can start somewhere else when they see that they are not going to start or get much PT over Henry T. and Bituli. Jordan may be able to go somewhere else and be the feature RB.

Some of you are just negative about everything and automatically think something is wrong. You must all think the world is out to get you.

Get ready for this to happen every year after the 4th game.

We see things a bit differently, but good or bad, it’s certainly not a good look for Tennessee right now.
As opposed to what’s already happened? Any movement has to be for the better imo.

Reactions: Behr
Any of you smart and savy NCAA dorks want to save me the time and effort and explain how:

if we really have attrition and have a very small roster (we have scholarships open above the 25 recruits coming in), and we can only recruit 25, how do transfer portal players fit into either helping/hurting us in terms of the recruiting limit and scholarship limits in calendar year?

Thanks in advance to the person who knows and posts.
They don’t affect either. We have a 25 limit no matter how many occupy our 85.

Reactions: tennvols77 and Behr
Last couple parts: true

Also the departures may help the team I don’t know......said as much in my first post. Just said it’s a bad look for a team that nationally looks like a freakin garbage dump.

It looks bad to recruits, to their families ect.
Not being a Vol fan. Would you want you son to go somewhere (to play ball) where the team couldn’t win, where it looked and sounded like a hot mess, where media was saying it was dysfunctional, ect?

Tennessee was so good and now is so bad media is all over it. Anything that can be pushed will be and a lot of it has been.

To me it simply isn’t a good look and only adds fuel to the fire that Tennessee is in deep trouble (true or not).
I want to buy in to the narrative that these guys are getting run off because of underperforming. Wolf’s success at Ga contradicts that. He could very well have a good game in Knoxville and it wouldn’t surprise me if Smart tried to make that happen to prove a point.

Reactions: 08Vol and JoAllan
You have ZERO knowledge of why they are leaving.

Maybe it’s because of what if what you say.

Maybe it’s because things are totally messed up.

Maybe it’s because Tennessee is dysfunctional and they see better opportunities.

It’s a BAD look.

From what “true fans” say Tennessee is thin and they need a lot more recruits. The thinner Tennessee gets the worse the situation could get. IF ( we don’t know ) players leave because Tennessee is just bad or things are dysfunctional, getting “thinner” could make even more leave.
If any of the recruits that CJP have recruited start entering the transfer portal, then I will worry. If you notice, none of those players are starting, or in some cases, even getting significant playing time. I guess the no nonsense, no music and dancing version of playing football didn't sit well with them. If they truly do transfer, much luck to them elsewhere.

Reactions: jimed1 and Gandalf
You have to diagnose cancer before you can deal with it. Maybe the diagnosis was late. May the staff wanted to give them a chance and work with them. No one in this forum really knows. Either way the cancer MUST be gotten rid of or the body dies.

Those are all good points...I certainly don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes...and it’s a hard spot for these coaches when they’ve got a player who’s a problem...I think it’s in most coaches nature to try to turn them around

Reactions: tbones0711

VN Store

Back