Checker Neyland for Real

Ji02425

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion 100%. But what if we all pull together in this difficult time and put 102,455 Orange and White fans in Neyland VS UGA? What a message we could send to recruits! Whether Pruitt is the guy or not and whether you agree with it are not in today's day and age social media rules! I can't stand to see where we have fallen to either but no matter who is coaching you have to go get players to win!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion 100%. But what if we all pull together in this difficult time and put 102,455 Orange and White fans in Neyland VS UGA? What a message we could send to recruits! Whether Pruitt is the guy or not and whether you agree with it are not in today's day and age social media rules! I can't stand to see where we have fallen to either but no matter who is coaching you have to go get players to win!

I will say that UGA is going to be a big recruiting weekend.

13JhCzoE43wDIc.gif

the most impressive thing about us is that we showed up to BYU and we will show up and cheer for Tennessee against Georgia.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbeeman85

Really? lol. Nothing will change if the University is comfortable with mediocrity...let me rephrase that. sub level mediocrity. Depths of hell!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
how is this gonna work when 45% of the fans will be wearing red?
fyp ,UGA will travel well knowing most Vol fans will be selling their tickets. The only chance for a good showing by Tn fans is knowing JG will not be seeing the field at all. Knowing there is no hope at all with him.

Reactions: mrredskin
Georgia is actually trying to take over Neyland with a red out at that game... I suggest we do something

if we can't beat georgia on the field at least do it with the fanbase
Just another smack in the face to the University , which it actually deserves the smack

I agree with what you're saying OP, we are not helping ourselves with the way we are acting, but this fan base has so much apathy now I just dont see it happening. I agree that it would help and finding winners (both coach and player) are the only way back to dominance. Unfortunately, you have a large amount of this fan base that are just content to sit and wallow in their disdain. Sort of the proverbial "Ah crap I fell in a pit.......let me sit here and whine about the hole, the fact that I fell in, being stuck in the elements, the fact that the hole is dirty, etc" rather than coming up with a plan to get out of the hole.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Smart is telling our common recruits to visit Tennessee on that weekend.
Is this for real? I have always thought it was stupid for Pruitt to try and have big recruiting weekends for games like these.

lol

Honestly, I think this what needs to happen:

Pruitt names Maurer the starter right away. Screw the narrative of "UGA doesn't need to know who to gameplan for".....

Second, announce that you want to do an Orange Out with the Vol Shop's custom UT shirt the kid who was bullied made. I saw where Vol Shop had over 100K orders of the shirt.

Third, announce that half the beer sales for UGA would go to that Bullying charity the Vol Shop is donating to with shirt sales....

This is the only big home game for us. Give it one last hoorah and go all out.

The energy of Maurer being the starter should inject some, not a lot, energy to get people to the game.

The orange out with those shirt should inject some energy as well

The donations thru beer sales should inject some energy as well.

Georgia is calling for 40k of their fans to take over Neyland.

lets see what we got volnation.

our team may suck... but we don't
Which is entirely reasonable considering the astronomic ticket prices they paid for that Notre Dame game. Filling up Neyland should be nothing for them. I don't have tickets to this game, but if I did, I personally would sell them to the highest bidder. Why pay good $ to see UT get embarrassed when I have a front row view for free at the house?

I don't know if true, but I would offer this. I was told by a stadium worker during the UTC game, that GA game was sold out. I'm inclined to think that many from GA are coming. If so, not sure this is the game for "checkered Neyland." But I do like the idea

That would be great imo.

lots of tix going for less than $80 each. more than 20% off donor face value. we can't keep the red out

Honestly, I think this what needs to happen:

Pruitt names Maurer the starter right away. Screw the narrative of "UGA doesn't need to know who to gameplan for".....

Second, announce that you want to do an Orange Out with the Vol Shop's custom UT shirt the kid who was bullied made. I saw where Vol Shop had over 100K orders of the shirt.

Third, announce that half the beer sales for UGA would go to that Bullying charity the Vol Shop is donating to with shirt sales....

This is the only big home game for us. Give it one last hoorah and go all out.

The energy of Maurer being the starter should inject some, not a lot, energy to get people to the game.

The orange out with those shirt should inject some energy as well

The donations thru beer sales should inject some energy as well.
At he end of the game , somebody wins a new car lol. Might as well go all out to get people there. I started to say somebody wins a pair of season tickets but that might scare fans away

Checkerboard Neyland takes effort... why should we, the coaches and team aren't putting forth any effort... :mad:

VN Store

Back