You don’t want Mike Leach and here’s why

Volanta

Mike Leaches team had 6 turn overs and allowed a horribly coached Chip Kelly team to come back from being down 32 points at the half.

Let that sink in. 32 POINTS AT THE HALF.

Coach Mike Leach’s team then lost 67-63.
This man can’t coach defense.

Defense wins championships. I’m assuming the desired goal of every volnation fan is to 1 win games and 2 start winning championships again. Well you can’t win either (at least as consistently as we wish) without a defense.

Please sit down and stop suggesting Tennessee hire this guy. Because 2 years after he coaches here and he makes us pay him millions to make up for the embarrassment the first time around you’ll be calling for his head too. Funny how people play fast and loose with money that’s not theirs. “Fire this guy! Hire that guy!” “Sure it’ll put us in debt another 25 million plus, to pay for them and their staffs buyout while simultaneously paying for the new head coach and their staff but do it! I can’t go to work and get made fun of anymore. It hurts! FAHHHRRRRR BUTCH, I MEAN PRUUIIIIOTTTTTT”

"Defense wins championships."
So how come the brilliant defensive mind of Pruitt is 1 - 3 and well on his way, apparently, to 1 - 11, OP?

Because his QB is clueless and when the offensive line finally gets it together he over throws Wood Anderson. And when he finally makes a good read our best player thus far (Juan Jennings) bats the ball in the air. Bc the qb can’t pump fake and gets balls swatted in the air.....what else princess?

Good then he can hire Pruitt as defensive coordinator- or do we know whether he can coach defense too? Without the the 5* players I’m not so sure.

Leach may not be the answer but he’d I guarantee he doesn’t lose to Georgia State. Forget winning championships with defense- how about winning a damn game as a start.

When the offense can't score want does it matter if you have a defense.
For years Florida had the most anemic offense under Mushcamp but the defense always kept them in games. At least bowl eligible. Remember Treon Harris? Dude couldn’t play qb for crap. It was the DEFENSE that kept Florida relevant under Mushcamp or however you spell his name.

Good then he can hire Pruitt as defensive coordinator- or do we know whether he can coach defense too? Without the the 5* players I’m not so sure.

Leach may not be the answer but he’d I guarantee he doesn’t lose to Georgia State. Forget winning championships with defense- how about winning a damn game as a start.

You can’t win a game in the SEC if teams can shred your defense by running the ball and running down the clock. That’s exactly what would happen. There’s a reason why his “air raid” is successful because it’s the PAC 12. Where they basically play 7 on 7 with 11 guys and football pads. That won’t work in the SEC. We would be right where we are and even more frustrated bc we would get so close and fail every time.

Mike Leaches team had 6 turn overs and allowed a horribly coached Chip Kelly team to come back from being down 32 points at the half.

Defense wins championships. I’m assuming the desired goal of every volnation fan is to 1 win games and 2 start winning championships again. Well you can’t win either (at least as consistently as we wish) without a defense.

Please sit down and stop suggesting Tennessee hire this guy. Because 2 years after he coaches here and he makes us pay him millions to make up for the embarrassment the first time around you’ll be calling for his head too. Funny how people play fast and loose with money that’s not theirs. “Fire this guy! Hire that guy!” “Sure it’ll put us in debt another 25 million plus, to pay for them and their staffs buyout while simultaneously paying for the new head coach and their staff but do it! I can’t go to work and get made fun of anymore. It hurts! FAHHHRRRRR BUTCH, I MEAN PRUUIIIIOTTTTTT”
So his team has a bad game so he sucks right?....Go back to bed buddy, Your still drunk

Yes, Wazzu did have a defensive disaster in the 2nd half last night. Took them to 3-1 on the season. Raise your hand if you’d trade our 1-3 record for their 3-1...

With the Tennessee budget Leach could get a stellar DC. He could recruit better players. He would have been amazing here. Sigh...

For years Florida had the most anemic offense under Mushcamp but the defense always kept them in games. At least bowl eligible. Remember Treon Harris? Dude couldn’t play qb for crap. It was the DEFENSE that kept Florida relevant under Mushcamp or however you spell his name.

Boom wasted more nfl talent on offense them anyone I have ever seen, he has had 2 nfl roster QBs that he ****ed their careers over

Reactions: 08Vol
His qb had what 9 tds, does UTs qb have 9 tds in 4 games?

Sort of hard to recruit good defensive players to Wazzu?

Please tell us if Pruitt would have a better record at wazzu then leach?

Well they don’t play defense so If you play Chatt every other week chances are pretty good he’d do just fine.

If Leach is the winner y’all say he is he shouldn’t have any problem getting quality players on D.

More importantly Pruitt gave up 34 in 4 quarters Leach and Co gave up 30+ in 2

So tell me how Leach will do any better at Tennessee?

Well they don’t play defense so If you play Chatt every other week chances are pretty good he’d do just fine.

If Leach is the winner y’all say he is he shouldn’t have any problem getting quality players on D.

Please tell me how many points Pruitt scored yesterday?
The talent Pruitt has vs leach is laughable.
Leach would have a top 25 team at UT in his second year

Thank you! My point exactly! Some of y’all on this board are showing very poor logic skills

Reactions: carpbc
WSU's qb threw for almost 600 yds, 9 td's yesterday

And lost. That’s not a problem to you? Let me ask you who exactly does that help for him to have those stats and is still lose? Him and only him.

Last edited:

I’d take him in a heartbeat over the current gump.

Yes, Wazzu did have a defensive disaster in the 2nd half last night. Took them to 3-1 on the season. Raise your hand if you’d trade our 1-3 record for their 3-1...

With the Tennessee budget Leach could get a stellar DC. He could recruit better players. He would have been amazing here. Sigh...

Yea ok. Just like people swore the Oregon Offense would run LSU off the field?

They’d stop the offense and if they didn’t they’d be worn out by half.

It’s amazing that there’s this perfect savior cloud around Leach that if hired he’d never lose.

When we know good and well at the first sliver of adversity y’all would be screaming from the smokies fire Leach now!

VN Store

Back