Rapidly declining expectations

ThreatLevelOrange

Wish that I was on ol’ Rocky Top
I supported the last 3 firings. I supported the hard pass on Schiano, although he checked several boxes UT needs. He was tough (perhaps overbearing). He was a defensive-minded coach, and he had success bringing a program out of the gutter. I supported the hiring of Pruitt because he knew “what good looked like.” He was going to bring us the Saban blueprint. He was going to recruit at a high level. He was going to bring in a good staff. So far, all of those things have happened.

But at this point, Pruitt has many question marks.
- Can he sell the program and handle the press?
- Which positions are he going to restock first, when we are short in so many areas?
- Can he motivate players accustomed to losing?
- Can he develop underperforming players?
- Can he handle game management?

Going into this season, everyone on here thought repeating the 5-7 record, while losing 6 games by 4 scores was off the table. But after 4 games, a 5-7 record is likely out of reach. The only sign of progress will be whether we beat Vandy, and the overall margin of defeat. A Florida team that gave us 3 turnovers still beat us by 2x the spread.

So assuming we can’t show improvement on the scoreboard, we put our faith in Fulmer to see the building blocks are in place for a better record NEXT year. That is going to be hard for the fans, the media, and the recruits to get behind.

Declining expectations...………..now there is a statement. I am so used to that it isn't even necessary to think about it.
We aint at the bottom yet.
I dont think UT can take another hit finacially to just fire everyone. NO GasMan Money to Bail this thing out.
The constant drum beat on here...….is to spend the BIG Money for a Coach. Well, Michigan and UCLA is a proof that doesn't work. Texas A&M will be soon.

They will probably have to ride it out another year after this.
Let Fulmer go. Hire an AD. Let that AD hire the next Coach. I would say our "declining expectations" will be with us for a few years.

Bring back Johnny Majors! He's only 84. Surely he has a few good coaching years left in him. :)

I had high hopes, but honestly believe Pruitt May indeed be over his head. Yes we have minimal SEC level talent and much of that is young, but losing to GA State, our more experienced player regressing ( I’m looking at you JG), lack of in game strategic adjustments, and now an obvious inability to adequately prepare and motivate, leads me to believe that he is not ready for a HC role.
He looked great in his previous posts, but I’m starting to see that being a coordinator with the best recruits in the nation does not make you ready to captain a ship

Why do we start new threads just to discuss what's being hashed out in every other thread? Asking for a friend.

You’re right. We we need one official “we suck” thread. And all members area expected to weigh in on that thread. And comment on everyone else’s comments.

Lighten up, weezie.

You’re right. We we need one official “we suck” thread. And all members area expected to weigh in on that thread. And comment on everyone else’s comments.

Lighten up, weezie.

You're probably right except that it might be the only thread started for a while and it would quickly reach the post limit.

I see the fan base going into apathy and not giving a damn. At this point I’ve said to myself “this is rock bottom. Can’t go anywhere but up” but low and behold they find a way to go even lower. I never imagined in my lifetime (45) that I’d ever see this program or ANY SEC program hit this level of losing and incompetence. We drool over a win against a UTC win as if it were Bama in the 90’s now. Let that marinade a while

Guarantee you in the offseason we will have threads predicting us pulling the upset in Oklahoma 😂
I have zero faith in Pruitt though, he is lost.

Yes, and many of those same people will then be asking why anyone expected us to and [insert excuse].

I see the fan base going into apathy and not giving a damn. At this point I’ve said to myself “this is rock bottom. Can’t go anywhere but up” but low and behold they find a way to go even lower. I never imagined in my lifetime (45) that I’d ever see this program or ANY SEC program hit this level of losing and incompetence. We drool over a win against a UTC win as if it were Bama in the 90’s now. Let that marinade a while
Joey Kent said basically the same thing on the Tennessee Tailgate Show yesterday. He said he is like most fans, in total shock. Wouldn't go so far as saying what's wrong or who is to blame, but said he never dreamed this program could get this bad. And it will get worse before it gets better.

Watching the "expectation threads" during the offseason I knew there would be alot of disappointed people on this board with their unrealistic predictions.

VN Store

Back