Everyone wants to throw Pruitt off the bus!

But he had them in position to be competitive, and they should have won the game. I put the blame on the players! Stupid penalties, dropped balls, missing wide open receivers. The coach can't get on the field with them! They beat themselves!

How did he have them in position? The defense was atrocious for most of the game. I don’t even think we even slowed them down on their first possession which is usually the only scripted series. The offense had some opportunities but Pruitt has nothing to do with those play calls.

I was speaking primarily about the offense. And yes Volgrad, that was a very winnable game!

But he had them in position to be competitive, and they should have won the game. I put the blame on the players! Stupid penalties, dropped balls, missing wide open receivers. The coach can't get on the field with them! They beat themselves!
WTH, the HC is responsible for the performance of the team.

I guess I watched a different game didn't see anyway he put us in a position to win. I thought we got out butts beat from the beginning to the end.

The powers that be don't have the luxury of "acting" out of emotion. They, I think, have to look at anything such as a coaching change from a business standpoint. As we stand "today," that being the key word here, we will not/would not be able to bring in a proven coach. We've simply had too many coaching turnovers, no pun intended, in a relatively short period of time. For me, the answer is time, maybe not so much as giving "Pruitt" time, as giving "stability" time. Stability will make us look more attractive to any coach looking to make a change. In the meantime, if Pruitt works out, we'll be the better for it. JMO

The good ole “beat themselves” argument. In the real world, Florida won 34-3 because they are a superior football team.

The powers that be don't have the luxury of "acting" out of emotion. They, I think, have to look at anything such as a coaching change from a business standpoint. As we stand "today," that being the key word here, we will not/would not be able to bring in a proven coach. We've simply had too many coaching turnovers, no pun intended, in a relatively short period of time. For me, the answer is time, maybe not so much as giving "Pruitt" time, as giving "stability" time. Stability will make us look more attractive to any coach looking to make a change. In the meantime, if Pruitt works out, we'll be the better for it. JMO

How did that “stability” work out for us with butch? Did it attract a big name coach? Keeping terrible coaches just to say “see we gave him 5 years!” Is foolish.

A sign of a well coached team is players not making stupid penalties, not coming out flat (GAST), not having a bunch of bonehead plays, all 11 players being on the same page and not beating themselves. Doing more with less.

So far this season this team has put on a clinic of miscommunication, had dumb penalties, and came out as flat as any team I've ever seen during the 1st game. A good coach will develope the players he has so they don't do the crap our players are still doing, cuts out any cancer asap, and knows how to scheme around his teams weaknesses and play to their strengths. I literally have not seen any of this. Pruitt didn't even seem to know who the cancer was or who his starters were until AFTER the worst loss in my lifetime.

Not looking good for the coach from my house.

It’s still on the coach. Big part of his job is to motivate. If you can’t motivate your players then what are you getting paid 4mil a year for?

Reactions: minorvol
Coach can't be blocked by Eli Wolf, Bro.

How did he have them in position? The defense was atrocious for most of the game. I don’t even think we even slowed them down on their first possession which is usually the only scripted series. The offense had some opportunities but Pruitt has nothing to do with those play calls.

The D wasn't atrocious. That's just the frustration talking. They played ok for what they are. Due to the DL, we had to blitz to be effective. It was what it was.

Pruitt isn’t a head coach. Not even close it one. He’s dead man walking but Tennesssee can’t fire him now and pay the buyouts for him & the assistants. $13 mil isn’t just lying around.

Our secondary just can't keep up with the talent they are matched against. Either that or they are playing way too soft because Florida feasted all day on pass play across the middle and Tenn did not seem to have an answer. I give credit to Florida for not running the score up. They could have abandoned the run and just passed all game and got not resistance from Tn. We did tackle them good once they completed the 30 yard pass.

Reactions: wmcovol
Pruitt isn’t a head coach. Not even close it one. He’s dead man walking but Tennesssee can’t fire him now and pay the buyouts for him & the assistants. $13 mil isn’t just lying around.
Yeah it is. The scary thing is that all these coaches are going to get the feeling that UT is a giant ATM and they have the PIN.

Bring in a Meyer, Miles, Richt... some proven winner, and if they don't.... petition the SEC for a release to another conference.

They have beer sales now so raising $13 million should not be a problem with the beat down UT fans going to the games. They could afford it if they would stop doing stadium improvements and expanding the football training facility. The only stadium improvement they need is a head coach that can do the job and a football team that looks well coached. The fans have not seen a well coached team in many years.

VN Store

Back