Diamond in her own words

Diamond had already graduated when she left. Candace Parker graduated and left before using her extra year of eligibility, too, but noone is trying to strip Parker of her LVFL title.

I swear, you’d think that the longer people are alive the more mature they’d get. But this board proves that older folks can be extremely childish.

Diamond had already graduated when she left. Candace Parker graduated and left before using her extra year of eligibility, too, but noone is trying to strip Parker of her LVFL title.

I swear, you’d think that the longer people are alive the more mature they’d get. But this board proves that older folks can be extremely childish.
There's a big difference between Candace leaving and Diamond leaving. Candace didn't leave Tenn in the middle of the summer because her best friend got kicked off the team for fighting. Candace also won two straight national championships too.

There's a big difference between Candace leaving and Diamond leaving. Candace didn't leave Tenn in the middle of the summer because her best friend got kicked off the team for fighting. Candace also won two straight national championships too.

I see you’ve got it all figured out. There’s nothing quite as effective as using the gross oversimplification of complicated issues and people to make them easy for anyone — even totally clueless strangers — to understand.

She decided to turn pro and start earning income. Ain't that the American way?

With tongue firmly planted in cheek.
I was also trying to make the jump from AAU to collegiate coaching.
Attempting such a feat,,, I would have "toed the line" for Lizzie Borden

BTW, look back at one of my original threads..."Coach Jumper: Prediction: Diamond WILL be a Jumper again"
In it I called for CHW's firing....That was the one that Holly held against me in denying Meme Jackson's request.

It took all I had to back Holly.
I rather new to the board and a bit confused. Coach Jumper. Are you on the Lady Vols coaching staff?

I just read this fluff piece and all I could hear was Me, Me, Me. That's cool. Could be why she was never a good fit here or..........She is a great talent though. No way to deny that. She really could have helped this program.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
To Diamond Deshields: Congratulations on all of your success thus far in your career. As a Lady Vols Fan you are and have always been one of my favorite players and one of my favorite Lady Vols. I can only imagine how much of a crazy whirlwind the last 5yrs. have been, the good, the bad, the ugly, practicing, playing, and living everyday with and in constant pain (I have had a form of that leg injury- imagine your lower leg having a severe migraine), and having so many voices questioning and criticizing you based on what they think is going on with you, and not to mention your own mistakes and missteps as you find your way. But through it all, you have remained true to who you are, and that Ms. Deshields is a rare quality in today's society. There is a great saying that we have here in SC (Try being a Lady Vol Fan in South Carolina nowadays), "It's a beautiful day when a man or woman can live long enough to see the change in their life, and live in the blessings of that change-- God is truly good." How many of us could handle a life on public display at such a young age, and walk through it unscarred and untested. I have no doubt looking back you probably would have done some or a lot of things differently, but you choose to get better and not bitter, so many of us could follow your lead on that one. I'm sure some may wonder why I and others pull for you so much? Diamond, we pull for you because there are so many are pulling against you, and at some point everybody needs someone to stand up say, "I AM WITH YOU, AND I AM FOR YOU". Always know that there only two experts on your life, and that's you and God-- YOU ARE SO MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU KNOW. IF YOU STRIVE TO LIVE IN YOUR BIGNESS YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE SOMEBODY ESLES SMALLNESS. Remember, down through the years a lot people and a lot teams pulled against Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols, especially when we dominated women's basketball, but that did not diminish her legacy or the accomplishments of the Lady Vols Basketball program, so continue to "Shine like a Diamond", and be what you truly are Diamond Deshields-- "A LADY VOL FOR LIFE".

Reactions: 007Racer
To Diamond Deshields: Congratulations on all of your success thus far in your career. As a Lady Vols Fan you are and have always been one of my favorite players and one of my favorite Lady Vols. I can only imagine how much of a crazy whirlwind the last 5yrs. have been, the good, the bad, the ugly, practicing, playing, and living everyday with and in constant pain (I have had a form of that leg injury- imagine your lower leg having a severe migraine), and having so many voices questioning and criticizing you based on what they think is going on with you, and not to mention your own mistakes and missteps as you find your way. But through it all, you have remained true to who you are, and that Ms. Deshields is a rare quality in today's society. There is a great saying that we have here in SC (Try being a Lady Vol Fan in South Carolina nowadays), "It's a beautiful day when a man or woman can live long enough to see the change in their life, and live in the blessings of that change-- God is truly good." How many of us could handle a life on public display at such a young age, and walk through it unscarred and untested. I have no doubt looking back you probably would have done some or a lot of things differently, but you choose to get better and not bitter, so many of us could follow your lead on that one. I'm sure some may wonder why I and others pull for you so much? Diamond, we pull for you because there are so many are pulling against you, and at some point everybody needs someone to stand up say, "I AM WITH YOU, AND I AM FOR YOU". Always know that there only two experts on your life, and that's you and God-- YOU ARE SO MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU KNOW. IF YOU STRIVE TO LIVE IN YOUR BIGNESS YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE SOMEBODY ESLES SMALLNESS. Remember, down through the years a lot people and a lot teams pulled against Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols, especially when we dominated women's basketball, but that did not diminish her legacy or the accomplishments of the Lady Vols Basketball program, so continue to "Shine like a Diamond", and be what you truly are Diamond Deshields-- "A LADY VOL FOR LIFE".

u might as well write a novel.

I just read this fluff piece and all I could hear was Me, Me, Me. That's cool. Could be why she was never a good fit here or..........She is a great talent though. No way to deny that. She really could have helped this program.

Ya, if she plays well, she's not a good fit here. If she wasn't playing well, Holly didn't improve her play. The bottom line is, Diamond is a born star!

Did Williams and Bone go around promising that they would stay to recruits and teammates? Then break their words?
If we wanted her to stay, we should have gotten her a coach that would have helped her get better and not worse. It was in her best interest to move to turkey to get away from Holly’s coaching. She actually improved and is a WNBA all-star and it’s not in Tennessee’s best interest to say she’s not a VFL.

If we wanted her to stay, we should have gotten her a coach that would have helped her get better and not worse. It was in her best interest to move to turkey to get away from Holly’s coaching. She actually improved and is a WNBA all-star and it’s not in Tennessee’s best interest to say she’s not a VFL.

Diamond does not owe any one a dime. Athletes can always change their mind any minute and I will never get angry at them. If anyone have an issue with Diamond decision meet her mother at the gym and talk to her.

Reactions: SandyO

VN Store

Back