Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robot/crab relations picture for those interested.

D-UW1_bW4AABDS_.jpg

I am torn on this to a degree, while I pretty much agree and feel the same way, I don't want to be used as a stupid cash cow.

The UT admin has a responsibility to us to provide the best money can buy. We invest our money and time in the trust that they will always do their best to uphold that responsibility. LWS told me in a coversation nine or ten years ago that there was an agenda to force lowered expectations by those in power.

I did not believe it at the time, I told him that it was ridiculous...I absolutely do now, and if that group regains control of the AD...it will be really hard for me to deal with it and continue.

But I am a Vol till I die..so that is a problem.

Buy your gear on DHGate and buy tix from scalpers, rather than high donation season tix...greatly reduce the revenue to UT and send that message, but still support the Vols.

Wife and I have had that conversation: “do we keep the premium seats?” My problem that as an eternal optimist, I see down times as an opportunity to improve seat location...so that becomes a bit of a quandary. Send a message, or snag some other dude’s seats on the 50?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I didn’t know UT sells out parking passes to other people if they bid higher for them. A buddy of mine, his father has had season tickets for years, and said if someone bids higher then what you paid they get the spots for that game. That true?
Sorry if this a dumb question and should be known, just never really heard of it.

That was just my worst case best case scenario.

XIII-II all the way!
Ha, I heard you. I'd take beating Mullen & Muschamp. I wouldn't mind swapping Muschamp for Dooley, or Mullen for Saban. One would be for petty reasons, but the other would be a huge signal that we're on the right track and that we have the right coach. Which is what we really all are hoping for right now!

All you peeps dealing with Alzheimer's in family members, or yourself, need to look at Dale Bredesen's book, The End of Alzheimer's. When caught at the MCI or SCI stage it is fully reversable in the majority of cases, and even in full AD, it can be halted and partially reversed in most cases.

The summary point of his 30+ years of research is that AD is really 3 different diseases Types 1-3, and the treatment is semi-unique to each. The majority fall under Type 1, which is primarily a metabolic dysfunction, and which responds quickly and consistently to his treatment program. Types 2 and 3 can be a bit more nuanced, but outcomes are good there as well.

There is hope, but 90% of physicians have no clue. To make it worse, because Bredesen's program is primarily functional medicine rather than monotherapy, they tend to dismiss his approach without a fair evaluation.
@SSVol thanks for the recommendation. My mom just passed three weeks ago after a long protracted decline due to Alzheimer’s. Her dad (my grandad) was the same.
My brothers and I have all been talking about what awaits us as we age. My younger brother has taken the dna tests suggesting he is not very susceptible. I know that this probably increases the statistical odds that I will be the one out of the three of us who needs to worry the most about heading down that path.
I will have to check out the book. 👍

Reactions: SmokinBob and SSVol
AT&T (and Directv) and Disney are in a carriage dispute regarding ESPN and there was a lot of chatter yesterday that may effect games today (UT/UTC being one of them because SEC Network is ESPN). Has anybody heard anything today about the status?

Negotiations still ongoing. Temporary extension set to expire at 12:00 ET.

Herbstreit just said we as fans think we’re going to Atlanta every year and we haven’t mattered since 01. I’d say 07 but point is still taken. We better change and in a hurry and it starts with our qb play. Only way we have a shot to upset any teams on our schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back