Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad news from the grid iron up here. During a game last night, from the adjacent county to me, a hs senior collapsed and died when his heart stopped beating on the field last night.
No news as why yet. He played for Roane Co, high school WV.🙏

Sad news from the grid iron up here. During a game last night, from the adjacent county to me, a hs senior collapsed and died when his heart stopped beating on the field last night.
No news as why yet. He played for Roane Co, high school WV.🙏
That's sad. prayers to the family.

All you peeps dealing with Alzheimer's in family members, or yourself, need to look at Dale Bredesen's book, The End of Alzheimer's. When caught at the MCI or SCI stage it is fully reversable in the majority of cases, and even in full AD, it can be halted and partially reversed in most cases.

The summary point of his 30+ years of research is that AD is really 3 different diseases Types 1-3, and the treatment is semi-unique to each. The majority fall under Type 1, which is primarily a metabolic dysfunction, and which responds quickly and consistently to his treatment program. Types 2 and 3 can be a bit more nuanced, but outcomes are good there as well.

There is hope, but 90% of physicians have no clue. To make it worse, because Bredesen's program is primarily functional medicine rather than monotherapy, they tend to dismiss his approach without a fair evaluation.

We enjoy winning, but we enjoy the environment more. It's unfortunate that the preponderance of opinion is that the only purpose of being a fan and attending games is the final score. I have decided that I can and will enjoy the gameday environment regardless of the outcome, and we'll be here every time we can.
The atmosphere is still the best, anywhere.

All you peeps dealing with Alzheimer's in family members, or yourself, need to look at Dale Bredesen's book, The End of Alzheimer's. When caught at the MCI or SCI stage it is fully reversable in the majority of cases, and even in full AD, it can be halted and partially reversed in most cases.

The summary point of his 30+ years of research is that AD is really 3 different diseases Types 1-3, and the treatment is semi-unique to each. The majority fall under Type 1, which is primarily a metabolic dysfunction, and which responds quickly and consistently to his treatment program. Types 2 and 3 can be a bit more nuanced, but outcomes are good there as well.

There is hope, but 90% of physicians have no clue. To make it worse, because Bredesen's program is primarily functional medicine rather than monotherapy, they tend to dismiss his approach without a fair evaluation.
Thanks for this. I'll definitely look into it. My mom is too far gone to have any hope at this point but I'm interested none the less.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Thanks for this. I'll definitely look into it. My mom is too far gone to have any hope at this point but I'm interested none the less.

My father's family was decimated by it, and he is showing signs as well, so I started reading. For Type 1, ApoE4 status is the big red flag, and in familial cases it is usually present. I got tested and partially have the gene (ApoE3/4 vs 4/4) so I have begun to implement the program for prevention. They've tracked a bunch of people with risk factors but who are asymptomatic, and they have not had anyone become symptomatic who went on the program.

It was sobering when I realized that my test numbers on critical things were in the danger zone. My primary care doc takes good care of me, but most don't know what to check for and why. Much of it is easy to correct when you know.

Reactions: SmokinBob
We enjoy winning, but we enjoy the environment more. It's unfortunate that the preponderance of opinion is that the only purpose of being a fan and attending games is the final score. I have decided that I can and will enjoy the gameday environment regardless of the outcome, and we'll be here every time we can.

I get what you mean, but it's a pretty bitter taste walking out the door.

Let's hope the improvement is consistent and sustained.

I am torn on this to a degree, while I pretty much agree and feel the same way, I don't want to be used as a stupid cash cow.

The UT admin has a responsibility to us to provide the best money can buy. We invest our money and time in the trust that they will always do their best to uphold that responsibility. LWS told me in a coversation nine or ten years ago that there was an agenda to force lowered expectations by those in power.

I did not believe it at the time, I told him that it was ridiculous...I absolutely do now, and if that group regains control of the AD...it will be really hard for me to deal with it and continue.

But I am a Vol till I die..so that is a problem.

AT&T (and Directv) and Disney are in a carriage dispute regarding ESPN and there was a lot of chatter yesterday that may effect games today (UT/UTC being one of them because SEC Network is ESPN). Has anybody heard anything today about the status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back