'20 TX QB Haynes King (TAMU Commit)

Jake already answered... but aTm just looks to be a quicker path for King. Competition is healthy, but in the end, both guys want to win the job. Bailey is a long-time commit, will be on campus in January and has been working hard to transform his body for SEC play.

This is BOOM worthy y’all!

Why do you include Russell in that list? There was never any solid evidence that he was even wanted by our coaching staff.

Why do you include Russell in that list? There was never any solid evidence that he was even wanted by our coaching staff.
I think we wanted him as a fallback for Henry T. I think he definitely had a preferred walk on spot even if HT committed. Idk that he had a spot if not.

I kind of figured, but it does make it seem like he's "afraid" of competition. Not saying it's true, but maybe that means from what King has seen from Bailey bodes well for us lol.
I agree, honestly look at it as it is what it is/was for him. He said that location wasn't a factor, ok, but ultimately that and the fact that a&m doesn't have a qb already signed to their class influenced his decision. I think we were the favorite choice otherwise he wouldn't have taken as long coming to his decision. In the end, comfort and peer pressure got to the dude. Understandable for a teenager who isn't an adult confident in making their own decisions.

I agree, honestly look at it as it is what it is/was for him. He said that location wasn't a factor, ok, but ultimately that and the fact that a&m doesn't have a qb already signed to their class influenced his decision. I think we were the favorite choice otherwise he wouldn't have taken as long coming to his decision. In the end, comfort and peer pressure got to the dude. Understandable for a teenager who isn't an adult confident in making their own decisions.
I think Jimbo took over that recruitment, he’s still one of the best recruiters out there. It’s recruiting, win some, lose some.

Fact: He has had some of the worst OL play in CFB during his college career.

I find it bizarre that anyone would rip JG's college stats without considering the OLines he played behind, the worst in the entire country.

And I do not remember ever reading that JG complained about the line. He's made no excuses. I hope the kid gets the opportunity to shine -- and does.

Last edited:
Just threw his second interception, but more importantly he shoved a teammate that came to talk to him as they walked to the sidelines.

I find it bizarre that anyone would rip JG's college stats without considering the OLines he played behind, the worst in the entire country.

And I do not remember ever reading that JG complained about the line. He's made no excuses. I hope the kid gets the opportunity to shine -- and does.
He had the opportunity against BYU.

Reactions: Mick

VN Store

Back