Official season prediction thread

How many regular season wins will the 2019-2020 Vols have?

• 25 or more

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 24-7

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • 23-8

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • 22-9

Votes: 40 18.8%
  • 21-10

Votes: 45 21.1%
  • 20-11

Votes: 47 22.1%
  • 19-12

Votes: 37 17.4%
  • 18-13

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • 17-14

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 16 or less

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

bleedingTNorange

Nov. 5 H UNC-Asheville
Nov. 12 H Murray State
Nov. 16 N Washington
Nov. 20 H Alabama State
Nov. 25 H Chattanooga
Nov. 29 N Florida State
Nov. 30 N VCU/Purdue
Dec. 4 H Florida A&M
Dec. 14 H Memphis
Dec. 18 @ Cincinnati
Dec. 21 H Jacksonville State
Dec. 28 H Wisconsin
Jan. 4 H LSU
Jan. 7 @ Missouri
Jan. 11 H South Carolina
Jan. 15 @ Georgia
Jan. 18 @ Vanderbilt
Jan. 21 H Ole Miss
Jan. 25 @ Kansas
Jan. 28 H Texas A&M
Feb. 1 @ Mississippi State
Feb. 4 @ Alabama
Feb. 8 H Kentucky
Feb. 11 H Arkansas
Feb. 15 @ South Carolina
Feb. 18 H Vanderbilt
Feb. 22 @ Auburn
Feb. 26 @ Arkansas
Feb. 29 H Florida
Mar. 3 @ Kentucky
Mar. 7 H Auburn

I think we’re in that 18-20 win range but will gladly take more. Just hope we’re a tourney team.

I think we’re in that 18-20 win range but will gladly take more. Just hope we’re a tourney team.
This is where I'm at. I see the ceiling as maybe a 6 seed? I feel like we'll be around a 7-11 seed though. I'm ok with a bubble season next year, but the year after with our loaded class, I expect big things!

Once again our schedule is ridiculously back-loaded. Check out our last 11 games, especially the last 5. We REALLY need Plavsic and hope we have gelled by then with the new rotations.

Feb. 1 @ Mississippi State
Feb. 4 @ Alabama
Feb. 8 H Kentucky
Feb. 11 H Arkansas
Feb. 15 @ South Carolina
Feb. 18 H Vanderbilt
Feb. 22 @ Auburn
Feb. 26 @ Arkansas
Feb. 29 H Florida
Mar. 3 @ Kentucky
Mar. 7 H Auburn

I went 20-11. That schedule is brutal and so brutal, 18 regular season wins with at least one SEC Tournament win, will get them in the NCAA Tourney, imo. Of course, UT will need a couple of big wins in the OOC part of the season and their annual beatdown they give Kentucky at TBA, to insure that

We lost a ton of talent and production.... I’m definitely on the bottom side of this curve
Seems to be a theme in the SEC this season. You either lost half or more of your offense or changed coaches. Who's on top?

Seems to be a theme in the SEC this season. You either lost half or more of your offense or changed coaches. Who's on top?
It seems to clearly be UK and Florida as 1 & 1a, then everyone else. I guess you could argue that LSU perhaps belongs in a tier by themselves below UK and Florida. But everyone else is in a cluster of teams that have questions about talent, experience, or coaching.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Not making any sort of prediction before a Plavsic decision.

That's definitely the smart move. I went ahead and put that I believe we can win 25 or more games this year. Overly optimistic, but I do believe its possible, especially with two senior guards and a point guard that could play in the league before even playing a college game. The Plavsic decision would help make this possible, but I'm a firm believer that Nkamhoua will make a significant splash.

Looking at the team Plavsic for Alexander looks like at least even or a positive. Hopefully we get an even deal with James for Bone. Turner and Bowden hopefully play well enough to take up most of the Admiral three point shooting and scoring. Then comes the big problem no Grant Williams. Staff tried hard to get a guy that would take up most of that slack didn't succeed. Now all hops are pinned on a freshman, a frenchman, and a guy that has been here seems like forever and played about 10 minutes in Kent. I guess Fulkerson could be vastly improved as well and give us some bigtime play in Grant's position. That is the one position that is a huge concern and if we can get close to the production at that position he gave us we want fall to much. I am going 21 and 10 mainly because of the unknown at the four and also somewhat at the point. If Plavsic has to sit make that 16 and 15.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back