I surrender (To the extremely irrational portion of our fan base)

Well over 6,000 posts since Feb. 2019 and everything that's posted by you is the most negative. You certainly have an agenda that doesn't favor UT. We're not gonna lose that many recruits and this team will improve as the season goes along. Many true VFL's are well aware that UT is not gonna contend for several years but it's gonna be done right this time because a caring VFL is calling the shots now. Crawl back into your hole down in Ga., Fla., S.Car., Kentucky, wherever you're from. 2thetop!!!! Go Big Orange !!
Put me on ignore and you wont have to read my posts

3c87d0bae0040cb721927e4160ed6cbe.jpg

Reactions: Byrddog
Dooley was simply unqualified from day one. Even his father had doubts about that hire (though not his mom). Jones, bless his heart, showed nothing that ever indicated he was ready for prime time. His cliches got old within days and his boastful ways hid his insecurity and lack of coaching skill for far longer than it should.

There is nothing outwardly smooth about Pruitt. He's no smooth talking Steve Spurrier or Lane Kiffin. But he's been to the very top of the profession as an old school defensive coach and as an absolute star recruiter. He's a football guy, not a salesman. Whether it was wise to hire someone who hadn't been a head coach or not no longer matters. UT did that, and now he deserves a chance to succeed.

Look past the short term 0-2 start (yes, horrible). Look at who he's recruited and how they are doing on the field. Look at who he has coming in next year. He deserves more than 14 games to show his abilities. No one knows if he will succeed yet.

There is a reason the Vols have become a national punch line and its not just because the program has sucked for a decade. It's because the program's fans think a quick trigger is the solution to all of its problems. UT stuck with Barnes after the UCLA presser and it looks like he may pull in an entire lineup of 5 star recruits. I think Pruitt should get the chance to do the same. It's obvious he's a football coach. We need to see if he can become a head football coach and you cannot reasonably do that in a little over 1 season.

The 2019 football season is already horribly effed up and Tennessee will be very lucky to win 3 games. Tennessee wouldn't be any worse off with an interim head coach for the rest of the 2019 season.
Dumb take. Yes, we would be far worse off to install an interim coach while searching, yet again, for a different head coach. You guys need to put your emotions aside and think about this stuff like an adult.

You are most welcome. I got exactly what I wanted from this post. I hope you enjoyed it. The emoji is appropriate as only irrational people are the target audience.
Nope I didn't "enjoy" it at all. So what did you want? Attention? Sounds like you need to get a puppy. I have been a Vols fan for a long time and grew up in Knoxville and attended UT. I can be pissed. I can vent. I can hate on Beldar Conehead. I can hate on Fulmer. I can hate on position coaches. I can hate on the players. I can hate on other fans. But its MY decision alone. I will be a Vols fan til the day I am planted but that does not mean I have to accept a s***t sandwich served up as UT football. GBO!!!

Last edited:
There is a reason the Vols have become a national punch line and its not just because the program has sucked for a decade. It's because the program's fans think a quick trigger is the solution to all of its problems. UT stuck with Barnes after the UCLA presser and it looks like he may pull in an entire lineup of 5 star recruits. I think Pruitt should get the chance to do the same. It's obvious he's a football coach. We need to see if he can become a head football coach and you cannot reasonably do that in a little over 1 season.

The fans did not hire the last four head coaches. They just show up in force after Pruitt delivers the worst loss this program has taken since the last Bammer was running Tennessee.

We are not here because of the fans. We are here because the folks who make the decisions routinely hire people who are not capable of rebuilding this program.

Elite level fans. Bottom-tier administrators.

One thing I’ve learned from being on here: when this part of the fan base wants something done because “it couldn’t get any worse”, and if said thing is carried out it immediately gets worse, gets better for 5 seconds, then continues down the path of crap.

I can totally understand why people want to see Pruitt fired. Personally, I do not feel that way, after seeing the improvement from game one to game two. Pretty sure we destroy UTC. Hopefully even more improvement will happen.
It's all about the culture of losing, in UT Football. We have a knack for stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. So, naturally, with the attitude/mindset, we found a way to gift wrap a win to BYU.
Until there is a culture of victory, and a bit of a swagger, this will continue.
Pretty sure we destroy Chattanooga? Freakin Chattanooga?? Did you feel the same about Georgia Freakin State?

Reactions: kbear01
Short term thinking.

Pruitt should not have beaten Auburn last year and finished 2-10. Then, he could finish 3-9 this year and you'd claim "improvement".

There's a hard reality here. UT hasn't been ready for SEC competition for 12 or more years. You can choose to suck it up and do what's necessary or you can go for the heroin and the joy of the quick result. One is for lasting success where the other wears off.

This generation of "instant success" and how they "want it now" attitude is what got is in this mess to began with!!!! They made the mess they're bitchin about!!!!! Patience is key, cause Nick Saban himself couldn't win with this roster. Our players give it all they got but I believe thete is a difference in what was here and what is being recruited, different schemes they were recruited for and level of talent. I hope Pruitt does succeed and is here for many many years. But hey what do I know, I'm just a nobody can!! Go VOLS, Go Pruitt, 🍊🍊🍊

Reactions: kcvols1
This generation of "instant success" and how they "want it now" attitude is what got is in this mess to began with!!!! They made the mess they're bitchin about!!!!! Patience is key, cause Nick Saban himself couldn't win with this roster. Our players give it all they got but I believe thete is a difference in what was here and what is being recruited, different schemes they were recruited for and level of talent. I hope Pruitt does succeed and is here for many many years. But hey whtheat do I know, I'm just a nobody can!! Go VOLS, Go Pruitt, 🍊🍊🍊
This mess was created by Athletic directors, college administrators and booster....all well over 40 years old

But yeah, blame the young generation like all grumpy old men with no answers always do.

Btw, nick saban would be 2-0 with this team right now.

You’re joking right? If this team’s goal wasn’t to win their first three games then they need to choose a different profession and sport to play.

You’ve got to be about crazy to even say something so out of left field like that.

Do you think ALL players are playing to win? I don’t. Some are barely walking, not running, on plays. I don’t think they have a goal to win. I think they want to lose and embarrass Pruitt.

Not left field. Human nature.

Do you think ALL players are playing to win? I don’t. Some are barely walking, not running, on plays. I don’t think they have a goal to win. I think they want to lose and embarrass Pruitt.

Not left field. Human nature.

Well if that's the case, that tells us all we need to know about this coach. If he's got guys not giving any effort and is still playing them, then he might as well go find a new job.

Well if that's the case, that tells us all we need to know about this coach. If he's got guys not giving any effort and is still playing them, then he might as well go find a new job.

You’re right. He’s got a stable of studs secretly stashed in Maryville.

After reading the bile spewed bay a portion of our supposed "fans", I surrender to your "logic" and propose this. I hope they give you guys what you want and fire Pruitt today. Give this year's team over to whichever interim coach to completely obliterate the rest of the year. When we have another large buyout to reduce the available liquidity for a coaching search and we receive even less interest from the "established" coaches community than before. I will laugh at those of you that wail and gnash your teeth as the team I love plummets into the Gehenna that awaits it. No coach with any potential would touch this program knowing that the have the potential of a less than 1.5 year turn around requirement.

When that happens, none of the miserable members of this fan base will have any right to type a single sentence of protest involving the inevitable outcome.

(Sorry to those this does not apply to, just expressing my venom at the ones who have no comprehension of reality.)
Wow, nothing like taking a five year old post and changing the name from boy butch to CP!!!! Misery loves company-I'm sure when so many fans finally got off the boy butch train, you felt a little lonely, fret not, keep pumping sunshine, you'll get a few to get back on the CP train (formerly the Boy Butch Train) with you, and you'll be lonely no more.

VN Store

Back