Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? I'm not a scout. Would he be serviceable...maybe. There are what 32 teams in the NFL? Training camps have 3 QBs on the 95 man roster competing for a spot. That is 96 QBs in the NFL. Some move on some don't numbers taken every year are different. I'm sure that there may be an opportunity for him play at the next level but I don't think he makes a roster.

Case of beer on me if he gets drafted or makes it to the NFL.

Reactions: Vols4us and wuwh_08
Camp accolades may be messing with his mindset. Part of being a QB. Luckily for us all the EXPERTS think our guy sucks...and he’s handling it pretty well. 😉

King still has the chance to turn things around for him this season with only being 3 games in. BUT, Bailey is who I wanted between the two. I get why a ton of people wanted both, but some on here wanted him more than Bailey. Give me Bailey and lets ride. Dude just seems to have a confidence in himself and proves it on the field.

Reactions: butchna
My opinion and just my opinion but maybe shared by some of you.

People are clamoring for a backup QB to play Saturday, some even say start. I wholeheartedly agree that a backup QB should at least get some playing time under game situations and most importantly just ID "the guy" that is going in if/when something unforeseen occurs. To start? No way. Reasons.

1) JG Psyche: We have seen how this kid reacts. I'll bring up for giggles, the GT game. His feeling were hurt that game and he pouted. Secondly, as demonstrated most recently with BYU ...CJP got in his butt and that changed his demeanor. Everyone takes critiques and critisim in their own way and coaches know players and how to engage them...but getting in JG's tail didn't work and I don't think benching him would work.

2) We have seen this play out. It seems like for years, before going into the Florida game we are all up in arms about the QB play and the lack there of in games leading up to the game. We want a QB change...Butch Stones actually did it! With Peterman! In the Swamp! How'd that work out for us? Absolutely NO! We do not need to start a freshman actual or R/S in the Swamp.

3) JG is the QB that gives this team the best chance to win. You know it and the coaches know it. Well, actually we may not know it but see #2 above. We have seen this play out before. The QB that play will be the one that can "protect" the football, minimize mistakes and give us the best chance to win.

As the general said we have to protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game. Protect out QB and support him. We can criticize but he is one of us at the end of the day.

Take a look at the poll. It's like 1000 to 50 to sit JG and let one of the young guys start. If JG gives us the best chance to win then I say fire Pruitt now because he's an idiot. Look at the last 4 games he's played, all loses to Mizzou, Vandy, GA ST., and BYU.

Take a look at the poll. It's like 1000 to 50 to sit JG and let one of the young guys start. If JG gives us the best chance to win then I say fire Pruitt now because he's an idiot. Look at the last 4 games he's played, all loses to Mizzou, Vandy, GA ST., and BYU.

It's a rabid fan base that is embarrassed to go to work for fear of goading or talk about football especially to non-UT fans. We (fans) are backed into the corner. Of course we are going to say bench him...we are mad. But it's not sensible.

Why would he be an idiot for playing the QB that gives us the best chance to win in your scenario? What would firing the coach accomplish in this instance?

Quote from Ubben about benching JG:
Do I believe it’s a magic fix or that the staff has some insane reason for not doing it already? No, I do not. They see the practices. Guarantano’s been the best guy. From what I’ve been told all offseason, none of the young guys have even been close. None of the young guys have even given the staff comfort that if Guarantano got hurt, everything would be fine. So the idea they could legitimately bench him for playing poorly doesn’t really hold water. They might bench him if they had an option they thought would offer a good chance of improvement.

Peterman made his first start in the swamp against UF.

Were it to happen (it won't) Mauer or Shrout would make their first start in Neyland against Chattanooga.

Big difference.

The definition of insanity comes into play at some point. The common denominator over the past few seasons that leads to that term/definition being considered - JG.

The coaches don't get or don't want to acknowledge the difference in gamers and practice show ponies. That's a philosophical argument - they either exist or they don't. I have seen too many players in all sports elevate their performances in games above practice levels. Adrenalin flows freely in games when it doesn't in practices as much. Add in the synergy of team performance when all are on the same page as in 1 + 1 > 2. AI's "Practice?" applies. I have also observed the opposite many times. The slow down of thinking, confusion, fear, the deer in the headlights look. JG has been the poster child for the later.

Botch and staff recruited and used him. Pruitt and staff continue to use him. Puzzling to most of us as to why because we don't enjoy losing games they should never lose.

fan poll? that's your basis here?

be careful throwing that "idiot" word around.........it's like a boomerang.

You support the Haslam's? Traitor.

👀😂😂😂 if I had to bet,you’ve been somewhere with 3 miles to empty wondering what you gonna do and you’re looking around in every direction and BOOM there is ole jimmy smiling at you with open arms welcoming you every time to get some gas and a coffee👀👀😩😂😂 i was one of those people and it lasted a week Pilot is just too convenient they are everywhere.hope I didint offend you sir😁

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

According to a comment on the tweet, Alabama hasn't played an in state opponent besides Auburn since the 40's.

Not unheard of. Up until 2013 at least, Arkansas had only directly competed with another instate school once in any sport. That was UA-PB in softball.

In 90 years they've never played Arkansas State. The idea is they don't want to develop an instate rival to recruit against.

Just like the real motivation behind the Alabama state legislature pressuring to try to end UAB's football progran a couple of years ago. They don't want more competition. They don't want UA to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to a small school, who will invest that into improved facilities and get better at recruiting. Similar to what Troy has done, becoming a giant killer.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Peterman made his first start in the swamp against UF.

Were it to happen (it won't) Mauer or Shrout would make their first start in Neyland against Chattanooga.

Big difference.

The definition of insanity comes into play at some point. The common denominator over the past few seasons that leads to that term/definition being considered - JG.

The coaches don't get or don't want to acknowledge the difference in gamers and practice show ponies. That's a philosophical argument - they either exist or they don't. I have seen too many players in all sports elevate their performances in games above practice levels. Adrenalin flows freely in games when it doesn't in practices as much. Add in the synergy of team performance when all are on the same page as in 1 + 1 > 2. AI's "Practice?" applies. I have also observed the opposite many times. The slow down of thinking, confusion, fear, the deer in the headlights look. JG has been the poster child for the later.

Botch and staff recruited and used him. Pruitt and staff continue to use him. Puzzling to most of us as to why because we don't enjoy losing games they should never lose.

I'll bring @UTSuave’ into this discussion. But the difference is that I think suave' would say is that Peterman was/is a better talent than our QBs and more capable to take the reigns in the swamp.

👀😂😂😂 if I had to bet,you’ve been somewhere with 3 miles to empty wondering what you gonna do and you’re looking around in every direction and BOOM there is ole jimmy smiling at you with open arms welcoming you every time to get some gas and a coffee👀👀😩😂😂 i was one of those people and it lasted a week Pilot is just too convenient they are everywhere.hope I didint offend you sir😁

Hah, no offense taken kind sir. Just some low hanging fruit that had to be picked ;)

Reactions: UTSuave’
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back