Micah Simon, BYU WR who beat us

Just heard on in Finebaum a caller stating we were in 3 deep coverage and not in a dime package on the play given up by A. Taylor. Can anyone confirm this?

That is correct. It was a Cover 3 and AT got sucked up and neglected the zone of the coverage for which he was responsible. As bad as that was, Warrior's pathetic attempt at a tackle on that play was the coup de grace.

That is correct. It was a Cover 3 and AT got sucked up and neglected the zone of the coverage for which he was responsible. As bad as that was, Warrior's pathetic attempt at a tackle on that play was the coup de grace.

Warrior's becomming an Actor, no?

Reactions: Offset Eye
I agree. But you were one of the ones complaining about the OP’s post. Doesn’t seem like you wanted him to speak his mind...

I was more talking about the repetitive nature of it. Not the content itself. 👊🏼 There’s been several threads created that bash and rip the coaches and administration.

That means it’s coaching.

UH......NO....it doesn't!!!

It wasn't coaching that led Alontae Taylor to walk up to within 3 yards of the WR on 3rd and 7 with 24 seconds to go in the game and KNOWING that BYU needed at least 50 to get into scoring position!!

That is ALL ON TAYLOR!!!

Even Middle school CBs know that stuff....

Taylor played like a fool who had NEVER played CB before on that play!! It was all on him.

smh......

Reactions: pharmDvol11
Even good coaching doesn't prevent mistakes. Kid bit on a move that he should have ignored. Pretty simple. I've told my kids not to do something only to watch them go do that exact thing. Am I a bad parent? (Don't answer that)..... ;)

He shouldn’t have a chance to bite on it if his ass was planted 40 yards downfield where it belonged.

UH......NO....it doesn't!!!

It wasn't coaching that led Alontae Taylor to walk up to within 3 yards of the WR on 3rd and 7 with 24 seconds to go in the game and KNOWING that BYU needed at least 50 to get into scoring position!!

That is ALL ON TAYLOR!!!

Even Middle school CBs know that stuff....

Taylor played like a fool who had NEVER played CB before on that play!! It was all on him.

smh......

You think the coaches could have yelled over pre snap and said “hey dummy, get back!!” ?

You think the coaches could have yelled over pre snap and said “hey dummy, get back!!” ?
They didn't need to do that....and he could never have heard them, anyway.....

But CJP did throw his head-set down on the ground after BYU spiked the ball to stop the clock and got right up in Taylor's face and chewed him a new a-hole.

It's obvious that Taylor did his own stupid thing on that play.

And it's equally obvious that you don't know a da&$ think about playing CB.....

Reactions: Lurker
They didn't need to do that....and he could never have heard them, anyway.....

But CJP did throw his head-set down on the ground after BYU spiked the ball to stop the clock and got right up in Taylor's face and chewed him a new a-hole.

It's obvious that Taylor did his own stupid thing on that play.

And it's equally obvious that you don't know a da&$ think about playing CB.....

Lol. High school cornerback at your service.

He should have been 30 yds off the line of scrimmage.

Poor ol Jeremy musta forgot to tell him.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Not that hard to do against busted coverage. If he was a SEC caliber player he wouldn't have been caught from behind.
He also covered the ball with both hands to make sure he did not fumble! Hard to run fast with both hands covering the ball! Very smart player!

Just curious why we would not be in a prevent dime coverage?

Just curious why we would not be in a prevent dime coverage?

I can't speak for Pruitt, but I suspect because they ran the same coverage the previous two plays and had success. If I recall, in that coverage, BYU only got maybe 5 yards the two plays prior. I can't stomach to watch it again so hopefully someone will correct me if am wrong.

Just heard on in Finebaum a caller stating we were in 3 deep coverage and not in a dime package on the play given up by A. Taylor. Can anyone confirm this?
The D backs were confused and looking over at Pruitt who was trying to call the coverage when the ball was snapped. Looked like A Taylor was trying to play cover one and Pruitt was signaling for cover three. It was a damn circus.

VN Store

Back